Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 20 Jul 2015 (Monday) 18:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 474 - Weather

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,860 posts
Gallery: 187 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Jul 27, 2015 00:32 |  #61

OhLook wrote in post #17644966 (external link)
Are you kidding? I don't even have a DSLR.

you don't need a DSLR to do infra! (just like you don't need a DSLR to do visable... :-) )

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17645566 (external link)
We had some weather blow in last night.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by EastBayGirl in
./showthread.php?p=176​45566&i=i167747810
forum: Member Activities

nicely timed :-)

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", and an M5, also an M6 that has had a 720nm filter purchased for:
TF posting: here :-)

sponsored links
joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,860 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jul 27, 2015 05:08 |  #62

it was foggy again on Saturday, so much so, that that the boys' soccer pitch was quite difficult to find...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", and an M5, also an M6 that has had a 720nm filter purchased for:

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,829 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 27, 2015 12:24 as a reply to  @ joeseph's post |  #63

Thanks, joeseph. Does your fog stay around all day?

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
Cream of the Crop
19,157 posts
Gallery: 341 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008
Post edited over 5 years ago by Levina de Ruijter.

Jul 27, 2015 16:44 |  #64

Wow, so many great contributions since I was here last.
Love all the double landscapes, showing the differences the time of day makes.
Don, love your windmill!
OhLook, never seen a branch like that. Is it like that because it's all dry or is that the normal state of the tree?
Stina, love that beam!

There are too many to name individually, but I enjoyed them all.

I was in bed a few days and wouldn't you know it, I missed one of the worst Summer storms we had over here!! I had been looking forward to it as it was perfectly timed for this week's theme, and I slept right through it. I also didn't get to shoot the windmill I had planned.

However, the storm did turn the weather and we are having a lot of showers now. Very early this morning I was up and shooting people going to work, to school etc. and looking at my shots I thought: "how boring." So, I tried something else instead.

I intentionally overexposed this. The girl has an umbrella as it was raining, but having overexposed the shot, I couldn't see the rain, so for the first time ever I used a kind of texture. That is, I blended in a shot of the rain pouring into the canal on the other side of my house. No idea how to do this properly, but after some work in Photoshop I'm quite pleased. Colours didn't match, so I desaturated as much as possible without actually going to black&white. I'm sure it's not for everyone but I like it.

HOSTED PHOTO

and then there was this daddy with his little girl and clearly on his wife's bike. The red cape the little darling was wearing was too cute. Colours were awful, so I desaturated as much as I could without actually going to B&W as that would have made it truly selective colour, which I detest. I know the shot is pretty bad, but how cute is that little girl?

HOSTED PHOTO

I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
My flickr (external link)

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,879 posts
Gallery: 158 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 27, 2015 18:00 as a reply to  @ Levina de Ruijter's post |  #65

Love what you did with the first shot, Levina!

Tim

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,829 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 27, 2015 18:01 |  #66

Timphoto wrote in post #17646553 (external link)
Love what you did with the first shot, Levina!

Me too!

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Grizz1
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 27, 2015 19:59 |  #67

Like the rain shot Levina and the little girl is precious for sure. Bet her parents would like a copy of that one if you only knew who they were.

Well this theme is drawing to a close soon and I have about wore out my welcome here but it seems the weather just keeps beating me down and I keep shooting,at least while there is reason to share. Today was supposed to be nice with only heat warnings for the day, only in the 90 degree F range but with near 100% humidity. Twenty % chance of rain, not likely to rain, right? It was horrible and I have been in hot weather before but today was like being locked in a Sauna for too long. I was at work enjoying the fact that I had air conditioning in the cabin I'm building when my phone sounded an alarm for bad weather, within 5 minutes it had received 4 warnings, then all heck broke loose with lightning, wind and heavy rain. It lasted for 50 minutes and rained 2 inches, lot of damage, this time mainly flood damage.
It is so frustrating to watch the West literally burning up and we can't stay above water, not sure which is the worst to deal with. The following pics are of my house and the creek that flows on the East side, it is small compared to most of them in the area and the pics were taken about 10 yards apart.

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/354/20068900745_74bae037cf_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/wzqn​16  (external link) IMG_8657 (external link) by steve findling (external link), on Flickr
IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/531/19882263619_081a119b8f_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/whVN​hB  (external link) IMG_8660 (external link) by steve findling (external link), on Flickr
This last pic is of one of the fields I burned this spring, it should have been baled for hay the 2nd week of June but has had water running through it for 2 months, can't even hike across it so no haying has been done in my entire area.

Steve
2 Canon 60D's, 70D 18-135,-55-250, Sigma 150-500 OS,Sigma 50mm 1.4 ,Sigma 120-300 Sport,Sigma 10-20. 580EXII

PeteD
Goldmember
2,953 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 27, 2015 20:50 |  #68

So I decided to check the weather app

HOSTED PHOTO

No rain in sight but very warm. So I decided to do a little bird watching in the dry weather

HOSTED PHOTO

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy it!!
52weeks completed (external link)
My 365 thread on the Camel (external link)
P & A Photos Flickr (external link)
P & A Photos Photobucket (external link)

KT29
Goldmember
3,310 posts
Gallery: 239 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 27, 2015 21:03 |  #69

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17646483 (external link)
Don, love your windmill!
OhLook, never seen a branch like that. Is it like that because it's all dry or is that the normal state of the tree?
Stina, love that beam!

I was in bed a few days and wouldn't you know it, I missed one of the worst Summer storms we had over here!! I had been looking forward to it as it was perfectly timed for this week's theme, and I slept right through it. I also didn't get to shoot the windmill I had planned.

However, the storm did turn the weather and we are having a lot of showers now. Very early this morning I was up and shooting people going to work, to school etc. and looking at my shots I thought: "how boring." So, I tried something else instead.

I intentionally overexposed this. The girl has an umbrella as it was raining, but having overexposed the shot, I couldn't see the rain, so for the first time ever I used a kind of texture. That is, I blended in a shot of the rain pouring into the canal on the other side of my house. No idea how to do this properly, but after some work in Photoshop I'm quite pleased. Colours didn't match, so I desaturated as much as possible without actually going to black&white. I'm sure it's not for everyone but I like it.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Levina de Ruijter in
./showthread.php?p=176​46483&i=i196225927

and then there was did daddy with his little girl and clearly on his wife's bike. The red cape the little darling was wearing was too cute. Colours were awful, so I desaturated as much as I could without actually going to B&W as that would have made it truly selective colour, which I detest. I know the shot is pretty bad, but how cute is that little girl?
thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=176​46483&i=i78733973

Levina, your pics are always so creative. No exception here. These are great.:-)

Grizz1 wrote in post #17646665 (external link)
Like the rain shot Levina and the little girl is precious for sure. Bet her parents would like a copy of that one if you only knew who they were.

Well this theme is drawing to a close soon and I have about wore out my welcome here but it seems the weather just keeps beating me down and I keep shooting,at least while there is reason to share. Today was supposed to be nice with only heat warnings for the day, only in the 90 degree F range but with near 100% humidity. Twenty % chance of rain, not likely to rain, right? It was horrible and I have been in hot weather before but today was like being locked in a Sauna for too long. I was at work enjoying the fact that I had air conditioning in the cabin I'm building when my phone sounded an alarm for bad weather, within 5 minutes it had received 4 warnings, then all heck broke loose with lightning, wind and heavy rain. It lasted for 50 minutes and rained 2 inches, lot of damage, this time mainly flood damage.
It is so frustrating to watch the West literally burning up and we can't stay above water, not sure which is the worst to deal with. The following pics are of my house and the creek that flows on the East side, it is small compared to most of them in the area and the pics were taken about 10 yards apart.
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/wzqn​16  (external link) IMG_8657 (external link) by steve findling (external link), on Flickr
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/whVN​hB  (external link) IMG_8660 (external link) by steve findling (external link), on Flickr
This last pic is of one of the fields I burned this spring, it should have been baled for hay the 2nd week of June but has had water running through it for 2 months, can't even hike across it so no haying has been done in my entire area.

Thanks for the weather pics Steve, but they do depict a disaster. Hope Mother Nature cuts you a break soon.

PeteD wrote in post #17646718 (external link)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by PeteD in
./showthread.php?p=176​46718&i=i52266908

No rain in sight but very warm. So I decided to do a little bird watching in the dry weather

Ouch, I hate hot weather.:-)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by PeteD in
./showthread.php?p=176​46718&i=i14977877

Terry -- The Squeaky wheel gets the grease, but sometimes it's just better
to Replace it.

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,490 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined May 2012

Jul 27, 2015 21:25 |  #70

Don, love your windmill!
Stina, love that beam!

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=176​46483&i=i196225927

and then there was did daddy with his little girl and clearly on his wife's bike. The red cape the little darling was wearing was too cute. Colours were awful, so I desaturated as much as I could without actually going to B&W as that would have made it truly selective colour, which I detest. I know the shot is pretty bad, but how cute is that little girl?
thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=176​46483&i=i78733973

I love both of these Levina. There's too many feet in that second one...Oh, there's a second kid behind them! :p

Mark

joayne
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
13,401 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 27, 2015 22:17 |  #71

Wonderful additions to the thread today!

Grizz.. I hope things improve for you. It is so hard to see so much water, while we sit in the bone dry here..
Fires, dying trees and general desolation. The climate is really crazy for all of us...

OK.. Let's get to a new theme

NEW THEME

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Please Quote the post to which you are responding.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
Cream of the Crop
19,157 posts
Gallery: 341 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008
Post edited over 5 years ago by Levina de Ruijter.

Jul 27, 2015 22:38 |  #72

Thank you very very much, everybody who commented and/or liked. I'm so glad you like that first shot. It was truly a bit of experimenting on my side, so I'm really happy with the positive comments.

And Mark, you noticed the second girl! I wonder if anybody would. I myself only saw it after taking the shot to Photoshop! :oops: :-P

Steve, that's a good thought, if only I knew who those people were.

Also Steve, I'm so sorry the climate continues to be so hard on you. Living in a country with so much water and below sea level, I can empathise with you. Stay safe. And fingers crossed that the rains will stop!

Pete, those shots made me smile.

I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
My flickr (external link)

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
20,392 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 27, 2015 22:40 |  #73

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17645566 (external link)
I love the manzanita, OhLook.

Thanks!

We had some weather blow in last night.

Funny thing, I was here and I missed whatever blew in. I must have been indoors for the duration of your sunbeam.

Normal state for manzanita. The tree looks healthy.

I intentionally overexposed this. The girl has an umbrella as it was raining, but having overexposed the shot, I couldn't see the rain, so for the first time ever I used a kind of texture. . . .

and then there was this daddy with his little girl and clearly on his wife's bike.

Excellent job on both of them.

Grizz1 wrote in post #17646665 (external link)
. . it seems the weather just keeps beating me down and I keep shooting,at least while there is reason to share. . . . It is so frustrating to watch the West literally burning up and we can't stay above water, not sure which is the worst to deal with.

We in the West are frustrated for the same reason. That's beautiful country you live in, leaving out the excess water.

PeteD wrote in post #17646718 (external link)

:-)

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

InPhoto
Cream of the Crop
19,164 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 27, 2015 22:46 |  #74

Many great contributions in this thread! I particularly liked Levina's people in the rain! Excellent processing!
Great work from all, and thank you for your kind comments!

Some simple photos

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,860 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jul 27, 2015 23:15 |  #75

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17646245 (external link)
Thanks, joeseph. Does your fog stay around all day?

Any fog (and it pretty rare) usually disperses by mid-morning out our way, sometimes it hangs around the airport a bit longer.

sponsored links

18,734 views & 33 likes for this thread
WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 474 - Weather
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.