Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Jul 2015 (Tuesday) 09:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Samsung NX300M (body only)

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 21, 2015 09:24 |  #1

I just got one of these and it's a fantastic deal! I already have an NX100 and a couple of NX lenses so this was a no brainer to upgrade to.

It came in an original sealed box, though since it's originally Korean market the 5V adapter plug won't fit a North American power socket (which you can fix by grabbing a cheap travel adapter, or potentially use another USB charging source if it has enough capacity).

http://www.ebay.com/it​m/331163769379 (external link)

Best part for me? Comes with a copy of Lightroom 5, which I was totally not expecting! I made the decision not to upgrade since I already have version 4 and my hardware is not quite good enough to run version 6. However, that meant having to use the DNG converter for my 70D which was getting to be tedious.

So very pleased overall. :)

Joel

vilimo
555 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 21, 2015 09:43 |  #2

I have the same camera (nx300) with the kit lens (20-50mm). The picture quality is great and it is pretty small / light to carry around. I bought mine last year and at that time, it came with lightroom 4 :(... I also bought a couple adapters for it - FD to nx and EF to nx so that I can use it with my other lenses :D

effstop
810 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jul 26, 2015 21:43 as a reply to  @ vilimo's post |  #3

I just bought an nx300 on the cheap on Amazon as a travel camera. How well do the adapters work on an EF lens?

5D MKI | 1D MKII | 24-70mm 2.8 L | 80-200MM 2.8 L | 400mm 5.6 L |50mm 1.8

vilimo
555 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by vilimo.

Jul 27, 2015 08:36 as a reply to  @ effstop's post |  #4

Works pretty good. I couple it with my 8mm rokinon, 50mm and even 70-200 :D... Just be careful with you are coupling it with big / heavy lens ... am not sure how stong the lens mount is and when I do that, I usually hold the lens instead of the body (I don't let the lens hangs from the camera)

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 31, 2015 16:38 |  #5

effstop wrote in post #17645588 (external link)
I just bought an nx300 on the cheap on Amazon as a travel camera. How well do the adapters work on an EF lens?

Everything is manual and there is no aperture control so you will be shooting wide open. That was a deal breaker for me.

FD lenses (and other manual lenses) work great though if you have the patience. :)

Joel

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

956 views & 1 like for this thread
Samsung NX300M (body only)
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.