Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

GibJock
Kill killer
9,647 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Jul 30, 2015 14:40 |  #5206

Maureen Souza wrote in post #17649639 (external link)
On a sadder note, we got bad news from Skip's MRI...... the tumor continues to grow & because it is so involved in major nerves & blood supply to the brain, there is nothing more they can do to help him. The biggest hope is the radiation he too over the spring will make it grow slowly but we won't know until a comparison MRI is done in September. That said, we are refusing to wallow in pity or despair & try to keep our days as normal as we can. Today Skip went bowling with Aaron & I. His balance was notably off but who cares & we had fun.

So sorry to hear that Maureen, but you are right no wallowing, get on with life, enjoy ............... easier said than done, wish you both luck with your journey.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links
joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,736 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 30, 2015 18:28 |  #5207

Maureen Souza wrote in post #17650209 (external link)
I haven't seen Nick all summer....... His mom is living with another guy who has a 7 yr old daughter & they have a regular babysitter. Aaron did go spend 5 days with him last week. I am sure when school starts up I will go back to picking Nick up twice a week but I do miss the little scamp. pardon the punctuation but have Ella on my lap & trying to keep her off the keyboard.
:lol:

Great to hear you will be having Nick around soon!
...I know you have plenty of kids to look after, but .. ;-)a

Take care Mo.. I'm headed to Seattle for the month of August :-P
I'll be checking in occasionally, so stay well ;)

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

blinkeredfilly
304 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 01, 2015 07:40 |  #5208

Good morning everyone!
Sorry no posts lately, but not too much going on here. Been a pretty lousy summer so haven't been out with the camera too much. Work has been keeping me busy as well, then the weekends come and the weather has not cooperated.
You have a beautiful little granddaughter Mo! Precious pics! So very sorry to hear about Skip's prognosis. My thoughts and prayers continue for you both!
CONGRATULATIONS Ian! You both look very happy and I wish you the best!
I did manage to get out and take some photos between the rain drops last Saturday. So I will share a few. Take care all!

The first is a Green Heron and the second just come Cattails.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

blinkeredfilly
304 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 01, 2015 07:44 |  #5209

Also got a shot of a muskrat transporting her young and then just some purple flowers. Don't know what they are.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

GibJock
Kill killer
9,647 posts
Joined May 2013

Aug 01, 2015 09:49 |  #5210

blinkeredfilly wrote in post #17652298 (external link)
Good morning everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS Ian! You both look very happy and I wish you the best!

Many thanks Filly :-)

flickr (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,233 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Aug 01, 2015 09:55 |  #5211

Congrats Ian, I wish you both much happiness.

Gotta ask: What do you wear under your kilts?:oops: :p

Mark

GibJock
Kill killer
9,647 posts
Joined May 2013

Aug 01, 2015 10:25 as a reply to  @ rrblint's post |  #5212

Nothing was worn .............. in fact it's all in perfectly good working order!  :p

flickr (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,233 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Aug 01, 2015 10:29 |  #5213

Ian Mackie wrote in post #17652460 (external link)
Nothing was worn .............. in fact it's all in perfectly good working order!  :p

That's what I thought :eek: but just wanted to make sure. :-P:lol:

Mark

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,086 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by Maureen Souza.

Aug 03, 2015 00:14 |  #5214

Just got back from a whirlwind weekend in San Diego; my niece got engaged & I did pictures of her surprise visit from her 5 best friends since kindergarten. Lots of fun but the drive was AWFUL both directions. Where did all those people come from?!?!
On the up side, I detoured over to Riverside National Cemetery & stopped for a bit to visit my parent's grave site (they share one as they are both in urns). It was the first time I have been since mom died last year & first time I got to see the headstone with both of them on it.

My niece & her finance:

HOSTED PHOTO

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,736 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 03, 2015 00:20 |  #5215

Great shot Mo!!

and OMGoodness.. I've been on the 5 headed North for 2 days now... :eek: :eek:
Coming through LA on Saturday took as much time as 500 miles through NoCal today!
Stay Safe..

Glad you took the detour and the visit..
I know it was deeply felt..
I'm so glad I got to meet your Mom! She was a precious soul.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 03, 2015 00:26 as a reply to  @ joayne's post |  #5216

Stay safe out there, Joayne; wicked traffic in Cali this summer. We are heading to Monterey Bay in 3 weeks so I hope it is better. Seattle sounds great; cooler weather & so much to do there. Have fun!!

5DMK4
7DMK2

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,736 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 03, 2015 00:36 |  #5217

Thanks, Mo.. same back at ya..

It was 94 Friday and 88 today :rolleyes:
Hopefully it will cool down.. Drought there too
and now the Olympic Nat'l Forest has a forest fire..
That's the wettest rainforest in the world -?

Have fun at the aquarium! Love that place ;-)a

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Aug 03, 2015 14:23 |  #5218

OMG Maureen, you passed by us in Huntington Beach! Unfortunately, you also went at a time when the Huntington Beach Surfing Championships and the Orange County Fair are both going on! That might account for some of the traffic you encountered, LOL. Also, sorry to hear about Skip, you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Please tell him Hi, and that I'm thinking of him! Enjoy Monterrey Bay, it's a beautiful place!

Joayne, have fun in Seattle, thats one of the places on our list to visit. Take lots of pics, I look forward to seeing some!

Ian, congrats, cool outfit by the way.:-D

I'm still going through my Yosemite pictures (yes, it takes me awhile, that and I'm my own worst critic). I might like them better if I had Craigs 5D3, I keep taking it, and he keeps taking it back:-| I tell him I'm going to get a 5DSR, all he says is NO WAY....
We'll just have to fight over it, lol.
In about 4 weeks we plan on visiting our granddaughter in Oregon, can't wait.

Drive safe, everyone!

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Aug 03, 2015 14:38 |  #5219

Maureen Souza wrote in post #17649639 (external link)
On a sadder note, we got bad news from Skip's MRI...... the tumor continues to grow & because it is so involved in major nerves & blood supply to the brain, there is nothing more they can do to help him. The biggest hope is the radiation he too over the spring will make it grow slowly but we won't know until a comparison MRI is done in September. That said, we are refusing to wallow in pity or despair & try to keep our days as normal as we can. Today Skip went bowling with Aaron & I. His balance was notably off but who cares & we had fun.

My baby girl........

Sorry to hear the news about, Skip. :-(

blinkeredfilly wrote in post #17652300 (external link)
Also got a shot of a muskrat transporting her young and then just some purple flowers. Don't know what they are.

It's great seeing new pics from you, blinkeredfilly! I have no idea what the purple flowers are, but they're beautiful and you captured them beautifully.

Maureen Souza wrote in post #17654315 (external link)
Just got back from a whirlwind weekend in San Diego; my niece got engaged & I did pictures of her surprise visit from her 5 best friends since kindergarten. Lots of fun but the drive was AWFUL both directions. Where did all those people come from?!?!
On the up side, I detoured over to Riverside National Cemetery & stopped for a bit to visit my parent's grave site (they share one as they are both in urns). It was the first time I have been since mom died last year & first time I got to see the headstone with both of them on it.

My niece & her finance:

Sorry to hear about your traffic issues, Maureen. Traffic around here is always crazy!! It doesn't even matter what day of the week you're traveling anymore, you'll find yourself sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 04, 2015 23:00 |  #5220

Well I have been having a crazy week. All day Sunday I had a sharp pain radiating from my upper left arm to my clavicle area. After 16 hours it was so bad I had the shakes so decided I better go to the ER & have it checked out. Dr. said he thought it might be a precursor to a heart attack & wanted to admit me for tests. I had 10 needles in me by Monday afternoon; EKG, stress tests, Ultrasounds of all my extremities and a CAT scan on my lungs to rule out a blood clot. Thank goodness everything came back negative. They finally determined I had a tear underside of my pectoral muscle that showed up in the CT scan. I have no idea how it happened but am relieved to know the rest of me is healthy. :)

Scared the dickens out of my kids too........ But it was nice to see how much they wanted me to stick around for a while.;-)a;-)a

5DMK4
7DMK2

sponsored links

637,844 views & 1,354 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.