digitalduck wrote in post #17672363
Hi guys, ok , I am so close to deciding between a coupleAB800's or a Rovelight.. truth be told, I really want the RV600. I did have a couple questions before I pulled the trigger though
1. Pennebakerphoto mentioned that the 60" Westcott umbrella fits in the shaft... can I assume that my Impact 60" convertable will fit as well?
There is one version of the Wescott that will not fit the Rovelight. Not sure if the 60" or lower but the impact 60" and PCB 64" Buff PLM fit perfectly.
2. I know its been mentioned before, but typing this at work, so cant go bakc and search... if i get the FP mount, am I stuck having to use their mount or is there still a Bowens adapter? I know its best to spend the extra $200 but was hoping to use that towards and octo modifier.
Grab the Bowens Rovelight. There is only two versions and with the Flashpoint version, you will have to purchase modifiers from Adorama with the exception of umbrellas.....
3. Any chance the Bownes mount will ever go on sale again? I know its tough to say
They are always onsale, you just have to keep checking!!!
4. Odd question, but since I love using my Sekonic 358 indoors and then out to balance ambient, how would metering even work when using HSS? I know I can meter to check how close i am and then use the remote to adjust the flash up/down, but if Im in HSS mode does that change?
First the included trigger will not provide you HSS. You will have to purchase a RX/TX such as the Youngnou 622.
5. Ill be using a PBL stand that is pretty heavy duty, on a typical day can i just bring a sandbag or two or does it really depend on which modifier ill be using for that day?
Yes, the Rovelight is top heavy but I have not had any problems with a medium sized stand.....
6. If I have only one strobe at the moment, a FP budget monolight 300w. Should I assume that this Rovelight will crush it performance wise? Worth even keeping it if i have two speedlights already?
I do not know the performance of your current light. You can purchase the RL and if you are not satisfied, you can simply return for a refund......
7. If I did get the Bowens mount could you recommend a good, inexpensive octabox?
Too many to list here but my favorite now is the https://www.cheetahstand.com …ct-p/rb-90.htm&Click=1197
8. Lastly, originally I was going to upgrade my 60D to a 6D but I truthfully think that the Rovelight, and ability to do HSS along with a different modifier will help in a lot of situations that i could be in with clients, then i can upgrade camera after that.... good thought?