Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Jul 2007 (Wednesday) 17:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Red Ring Tupperware Party, Autumnal Equinoctal Edition (24)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 18, 2015 18:26 |  #11086

Well, hey, it's 95F out west here, we've been unusually dry with wild fires here in Washington, Oregon, and the ones in California, and this hot weather doesn't help!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links
gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,344 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 18, 2015 18:33 |  #11087

102 here but it feels 88. Very dry. Have had no rain now in 41 days.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,193 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 18, 2015 20:21 |  #11088

The Legends are the 2015 two-pitch champions :D We went 8-2 in the regular season, and then just kept our dominance through the playoffs.

Melody

gjl711
54,344 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 18, 2015 20:22 |  #11089

Congrats Mel.

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,193 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 21, 2015 20:57 |  #11090

Went across the border to Michigan today to do some shopping. I was lucky enough to get "randomly" selected to go through x-ray, again. I suppose I cross often enough that the randoms will happen repeatedly. So far I have had two trips through x-ray, multiple vehicle searches, secondary inspections of purchases, and a canine search. And not once have they found anything.

Melody

gjl711
54,344 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 22, 2015 08:14 |  #11091

Glad to see that they are doing their jobs. I saw the movie "Canadian bacon" and know what evil lies in the hearts of those up north. :shudder:

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,193 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 22, 2015 11:10 |  #11092

I haven't seen that movie.

I have no issues with the border patrol doing their jobs. Sometimes it gets irritating when you get an officer that treats you like a criminal and starts off with a crazy line of questioning. Other times you just have a happy, fun conversation and carry on. The extra searches can take a fair chunk of time, especially if they decide to pull everything out of your vehicle, but I prefer that they keep both countries safe from the illegal stuff that people try to do.

Melody

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by BearLeeAlive. (2 edits in all)

Aug 22, 2015 17:15 |  #11093

gjl711 wrote in post #17678508 (external link)
Glad to see that they are doing their jobs. I saw the movie "Canadian bacon" and know what evil lies in the hearts of those up north. :shudder:

Yeah, well, Deliverance gave me a good insight into what happens on the southern side of the border. ;)

-JIM-

gjl711
54,344 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 22, 2015 17:25 |  #11094

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #17678949 (external link)
Yeah, well, Deliverance gave me a good insight into what happens on the southern side of the border. ;)

Oh yea!! Georgia is totally off limits. Ought to build a wall around the whole state.

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,193 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 22, 2015 19:59 |  #11095

gjl711 wrote in post #17678956 (external link)
Oh yea!! Georgia is totally off limits. Ought to build a wall around the whole state.

Turn it into a true State Prison!

Melody

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 22, 2015 20:14 |  #11096

I had an interesting time once when back in the '90s a friend and I decided to head up to Vancouver BC to go to a Pink Floyd concert (wonderful experience).

At the border, a Canadian guard noticed that there was a carton of cigarettes in the back seat and questioned us about them. We told him it was for our personal use, and he let us go.

I thought it was humorous until we were walking along one of the arena halls and people were asking us to sell them smokes, and were offering a pretty large amount! I don't remember how much, but it was plenty. I realized that such things were not "cheap" up there!

Tony
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,193 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 22, 2015 20:59 |  #11097

tonylong wrote in post #17679096 (external link)
I had an interesting time once when back in the '90s a friend and I decided to head up to Vancouver BC to go to a Pink Floyd concert (wonderful experience).

At the border, a Canadian guard noticed that there was a carton of cigarettes in the back seat and questioned us about them. We told him it was for our personal use, and he let us go.

I thought it was humorous until we were walking along one of the arena halls and people were asking us to sell them smokes, and were offering a pretty large amount! I don't remember how much, but it was plenty. I realized that such things were not "cheap" up there!

It's still that way. Every time we come back into Canada we get asked if we're bringing alcohol, tobacco, or firearms. All three are highly controlled, the first two are heavily taxed. And there are significant differences in price. People will max out the personal allowance every time they cross.

Last summer, on my way back from Chicago, I brought back over a bottle of alcohol that my brother had bought and left in my truck. Because I had been gone for 5 days I had a much higher allowance. Saved him a fair chunk of change.

Melody

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 22, 2015 21:37 |  #11098

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #17679135 (external link)
It's still that way. Every time we come back into Canada we get asked if we're bringing alcohol, tobacco, or firearms. All three are highly controlled, the first two are heavily taxed. And there are significant differences in price. People will max out the personal allowance every time they cross.

Last summer, on my way back from Chicago, I brought back over a bottle of alcohol that my brother had bought and left in my truck. Because I had been gone for 5 days I had a much higher allowance. Saved him a fair chunk of change.

Heh! I wasn't inclined to shrug off the law...otherwise I might have looked to score some real bucks!

Tony

gjl711
54,344 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 25, 2015 10:17 |  #11099

It's so quiet in here. *continues sneaking around*

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,193 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 25, 2015 11:20 |  #11100

gjl711 wrote in post #17682335 (external link)
It's so quiet in here. *continues sneaking around*

I thought I heard floorboards squeaking.

Melody

sponsored links

1,356,078 views & 2,916 likes for this thread
Red Ring Tupperware Party, Autumnal Equinoctal Edition (24)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.