Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 11 Aug 2015 (Tuesday) 17:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 7D Mark II for $1249 (or less) (After MIR)

rndman
990 posts
Gallery: 57 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 11, 2015 17:44 |  #1

From BH Photovideo.

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …canon_eos_7d_ma​rk_ii.html (external link)

Bundle rebate of $350 from Canon

If you flip the printer the price will go down from $1249 by that much

smugmug (external link)

sponsored links
Quack ­ Me ­ Up
225 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Aug 11, 2015 20:49 |  #2

Yea I saw this too. Thanks for posting it as that is what I was planning on doing. I just bought my 7D last week from B&H when it was $1499 with a free bag and spare battery and I thought that was a good deal until I saw this so I'm sending mine back and reordered this deal. I hadn't even opened any of the items I previously received so I'm good to go. I doubt you'll find a better deal than this for quite a while but who knows.

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,885 posts
Gallery: 73 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 11, 2015 22:11 |  #3

Quack Me Up wrote in post #17665553 (external link)
Yea I saw this too. Thanks for posting it as that is what I was planning on doing. I just bought my 7D last week from B&H when it was $1499 with a free bag and spare battery and I thought that was a good deal until I saw this so I'm sending mine back and reordered this deal. I hadn't even opened any of the items I previously received so I'm good to go. I doubt you'll find a better deal than this for quite a while but who knows.

Call bhp, they may make adjustments without sending items back.

When you see my camera gear you'll think I'm a pro.
When you see my photos you'll know that I'm not.

My best aviation photos (external link)

juanclopez2786
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Sep 2014

Aug 12, 2015 01:36 |  #4

Wow that is a great deal! I wish I waited to get my 7D Mark II. I also have that same printer, I got it brand new off Craigslist from someone who bought one of these bundles.

Canon 7D Mark II - Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 - Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 - Canon 50mm f/1.8

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,667 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Aug 12, 2015 01:45 |  #5

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #17665646 (external link)
Call bhp, they may make adjustments without sending items back.

BH doesn't issue the rebate, Canon does. Their terms: Receipt(s) for eligible products purchased under one of the Combination Offers must show that the products were purchased on the same calendar day and must contain same Billing Information.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined May 2012

Aug 12, 2015 08:46 as a reply to  @ bumpintheroad's post |  #6

What he was saying was that rather than send back a new camera only to get one shipped right back, BH may be able to issue a refund and then charge him for the new camera plus other items all on one invoice. It will look different on paper, but in inventory, there will be no change other than the additional items sent.

I'm sad that I ordered my printer from Amazon on Prime day. Got my rebate already, but now BH has one for $50 after rebate. So much for how great a deal Prime Day was.

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,885 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 12, 2015 10:05 |  #7

mikeinctown wrote in post #17666030 (external link)
What he was saying was that rather than send back a new camera only to get one shipped right back, BH may be able to issue a refund and then charge him for the new camera plus other items all on one invoice. It will look different on paper, but in inventory, there will be no change other than the additional items sent.

True. Awhile back when Canon had this rebate another forum member contacted BHP and they worked with him to get in the latest rebate
without having to send his camera back.

Me thinks that's pretty nice of BHP.

Quack ­ Me ­ Up
225 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Aug 12, 2015 15:00 |  #8

Yeah, I asked B&H about keeping the camera but he said to go ahead and send it back. I did get to keep the battery grip. the new one is already on its way and I am sending the other one back today for full credit.

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,885 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 13, 2015 11:50 |  #9

Quack Me Up wrote in post #17666415 (external link)
Yeah, I asked B&H about keeping the camera but he said to go ahead and send it back. I did get to keep the battery grip. the new one is already on its way and I am sending the other one back today for full credit.

Glad to hear it's working out for you.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,666 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Aug 15, 2015 23:51 |  #10

BigAl007 wrote in post #17661523 (external link)
I think you will find that the two AF systems are actually the same physical width/height, just when you increase the area of the image by 2.5× that area looks a lot smaller in comparison.

Alan

Not bad considering you will most likely net $100-125 if you sell the printer on eBay or amazon. Puts the final price, after waiting, around $1150 or so

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Haikt4l
27 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Aug 19, 2015 09:27 |  #11

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …canon_eos_7d_ma​rk_ii.html (external link)

Back in stock.

LisaBlue85
484 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 23, 2015 09:09 |  #12

Ordered mine on Friday,but looks like they're out of stock on the printer bundle, said it would take 3 days to ship.

drifter106
544 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Aug 23, 2015 09:59 |  #13

bumpintheroad wrote in post #17665806 (external link)
BH doesn't issue the rebate, Canon does. Their terms: Receipt(s) for eligible products purchased under one of the Combination Offers must show that the products were purchased on the same calendar day and must contain same Billing Information.

Have gone through 2 rebates recently with Canon...thing is the rebate (card) must be used in some type of purchase. Ex: my rebate on the 135L will be used to purchase a PD camera strap. You can't just "pocket" the rebate money.

Gear
Remember, what is common knowledge to some is a revelation to others.

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Aug 23, 2015 11:19 |  #14

drifter106 wrote in post #17679687 (external link)
Have gone through 2 rebates recently with Canon...thing is the rebate (card) must be used in some type of purchase. Ex: my rebate on the 135L will be used to purchase a PD camera strap. You can't just "pocket" the rebate money.

You can call AMEX and refund your card to your bank account via ACH transfer, or ask them to mail you a check. Details here. (external link) I had a reader tell me as recently as last week that this worked.

LisaBlue85
484 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 23, 2015 13:50 as a reply to  @ drifter106's post |  #15

I use the Square app & card swiper (dongle) on my phone, only 2.75 % charged & the rest goes straight to my bank account.

sponsored links

3,554 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 7D Mark II for $1249 (or less) (After MIR)
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.