Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 19 Sep 2015 (Saturday) 08:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Yongnuo 560 IV problem

clarnibass
793 posts
Joined May 2011

Sep 19, 2015 08:03 |  #1

Hi

I found a problem with my Yongnuo 560 IV flash. If I'm at 105mm zoom, it fires twice, then stops firing. It is only happening when firing from the camera. If I use the test button to fire it works fine. I haven't checked a remote flash yet but that doesn't matter anyway unless the problem only happened then.

It also said it had a low battery, then shut down. I then put the batteries in another flash (Yongnuo 568) and it worked fine for a long time. I recharged the batteries and now don't get the low battery problem, but I'm prety sure it only happened after the 105mm zoom problem so it is connected.

If I change the zoom it is working again. If I change back to 105mm the same thing happens every time, fires twice, then stops.

I use it mainly at 105mm.......
I have it for months but unfortunately only used it this way on the camera now for the first time. So I've never noticed the problem before...
I can avoid 105mm... but it's annoying.......

Anyone else noticed this problem? Can anyone with a 560 IV check if the same thing happens with their flash? I would hate to replace it (if I'd even be able to... maybe not) and get the exact same problem on a new one. Especially since it's a hassle shipping back to China (even with return shipping, far less than buying locally... not even close really).

Thank you

www.nitailevi.com (external link)

Jiggo0109
376 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 20, 2015 09:02 |  #2

Hi... Just tried mine with recently used batteries from 1/128 power to full power at 105 mm... No problems up to 1/8 power and so as with up to full power (recycling time just got slower as trials went through until it stopped charging). This was done with my newly purchased batteries, but by the time tried my older batteries (fully charged), the problem came up. It stopped recycling at 1/32. I think it is just battery issue (with mine of course). I'll make another test once I recharge my new batteries.

clarnibass
THREAD ­ STARTER
793 posts
Joined May 2011

Sep 20, 2015 23:26 |  #3

After googling more I found that there are a few problems common with this flash. Mine does it at 105mm regardless of power and with new charged batteries too.

www.nitailevi.com (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

962 views & 0 likes for this thread
Yongnuo 560 IV problem
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.