Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 10 Jul 2015 (Friday) 13:19
Search threadPrev/next

Is it true that Non Tattooed models

Littleoldman
245 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 10, 2015 13:19 |  #1

Are asking for higher pay then Tattooed models?

HWolf
254 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Jul 10, 2015 13:48 |  #2

There are non-tattooed models?

tdlavigne
364 posts
Joined Mar 2015
Post edited over 3 years ago by tdlavigne.

Jul 12, 2015 01:35 |  #3

That's like asking "Do pro-basketball players make more money than pro-baseball players?" It's a very obscure question, with several factors that could affect the answer in very specific circumstances.

Depends on:
the model
the market
(for some) the intended usage
(almost always) the photographer
the concept
etc etc

Generally speaking there are no absolutes.

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,631 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 24, 2015 02:21 |  #4

I find that it is the opposite locally. There are easily 10-15 non-tatted models for every 1 tatted up model in town. The tatted up ones are the ones in demand by photographers it seems.

HWolf
254 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Sep 23, 2015 13:57 |  #5

the flying moose wrote in post #17642494 (external link)
I find that it is the opposite locally. There are easily 10-15 non-tatted models for every 1 tatted up model in town. The tatted up ones are the ones in demand by photographers it seems.

Where is local? I mean, even here in Iowa, a tattoo seems to mark the coming of age. At my niece's wedding last fall, every one of the bridesmaids had a garish tattoo of the sort that'd put to shame many sailors of yore.

okshooter
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Sep 2015

Oct 14, 2015 13:49 |  #6

HWolf wrote in post #17719076 (external link)
At my niece's wedding last fall, every one of the bridesmaids had a garish tattoo of the sort that'd put to shame many sailors of yore.

:lol::lol::lol:

mdvaden
Goldmember
2,949 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 21, 2015 23:37 |  #7

How many super models have you seen who are decked-out with ink?

I think that explains one angle partly.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

troehr
697 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 22, 2015 14:29 |  #8

I prefer non-tattooed models myself. I only like tattoos if they fit the theme I am working with.

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,199 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Oct 22, 2015 22:13 |  #9

I don't shoot models but have obviously given it thought over the years. As a result I realised that while tattoos are an interesting art form they cause me issue with photography. I guess it is because I am a little OCD but it really irritates me when the clothes the model wears obscures part of the tattoo. I also find that the pattern/colours of the tattoo can often clash with the pattern/colours of the clothes.

That means I would pretty much have to shoot the model nude to properly show off the tattoo and would be doing little more than photographing someone else's art. That doesn't really interest me (in much the same way that shooting a wall covered in graffiti doesn't interest me).

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

dashotgun
Goldmember
1,183 posts
Gallery: 252 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 26, 2015 12:06 as a reply to  @ Dan Marchant's post |  #10

as an aside as a doctor I have to exam people in nude a fair bit and as we age and the gravity does it's thing and the tat fades the whole thing looks very stupid. I guess it is a generational thing and when that cohort ages and it is the norm it will get shrugged off

You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams
http://Davidsdigitalvi​sion.zenfolio.com (external link)

welshwizard1971
Goldmember
1,427 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 26, 2015 12:23 |  #11

I hope the craze dies quickly, I work with people who spend thousands on tattoos, literally £2000 per arm ( what's that, $3000 per arm?? ), crazy money, I'm all for individuality but these days in the UK to stand out from the crowd, don't have a tattoo! Stood behind a bloke in a shop last week, shaven head, with F*CK YOU in large letters across the back of his head, lovely......

5DIII, 40D, 16-35L 35 ART 50 ART 100L macro, 24-70 L Mk2, 135L 200L 70-200L f4 IS
Hype chimping - The act of looking at your screen after every shot, then wildly behaving like it's the best picture in the world, to try and impress other photographers around you.

5,959 views & 7 likes for this thread
Is it true that Non Tattooed models
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.