Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 12 Oct 2015 (Monday) 22:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom exporting changing color of photos.

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 12, 2015 22:49 |  #1

I have the latest update of Lightroom CC.

When I export my photos like I have done so many times before, for some reason the photos are coming out "warmer" after exporting with almost a pinkish hue to them. Its not that noticeable until you look at the two photos side by side. It's only done this since the update with the one shoot and if they were photos I was allowed to post I would.

Is this something anyone else has noticed?

sponsored links
Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,176 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Oct 13, 2015 06:08 |  #2

What colour space are the exported images?

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,455 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Oct 13, 2015 06:43 |  #3

Dan Marchant wrote in post #17743506 (external link)

In what medium are you viewing the exports? Browser; on web, local files? Editing software, PS, LR itself?

Monitor calibrated?

Come on, give us some clues.

Elie / אלי

john ­ crossley
Goldmember
2,433 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 13, 2015 08:32 |  #4

the flying moose wrote in post #17743260 (external link)
I have the latest update of Lightroom CC.

When I export my photos like I have done so many times before, for some reason the photos are coming out "warmer" after exporting with almost a pinkish hue to them. Its not that noticeable until you look at the two photos side by side. It's only done this since the update with the one shoot and if they were photos I was allowed to post I would.

Is this something anyone else has noticed?

Can you not export some photos you are allowed to post?

Football is a very simple game. Twenty-two players chase a ball and Germany always win.

the ­ flying ­ moose
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 13, 2015 11:02 |  #5

Dan Marchant wrote in post #17743506 (external link)

sRGB is what they are set to export as.

tzalman wrote in post #17743531 (external link)
In what medium are you viewing the exports? Browser; on web, local files? Editing software, PS, LR itself?
Monitor calibrated?
Come on, give us some clues.

The images look like they should in LR and PS. Once I export them and open them in Preview, they look different. They are darker and with the color change. Monitor is not calibrated and its a 27"iMac from late 2013.

What I did, is what I normally do. I edit the photos, export them, and transfer them to the dropbox folder for the client. It was when I was showing someone the photos from the dropbox on my phone did I notice they did not look right.

john crossley wrote in post #17743656 (external link)
Can you not export some photos you are allowed to post?

These are the only ones that have exhibited the issue. I tried with 3 different photos taken at different times and they were fine. No darkening or color change.

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
5,739 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by kirkt. (2 edits in all)

Oct 13, 2015 11:47 as a reply to  @ the flying moose's post |  #6

Are you using Mavericks? I noticed issues with sRGB image in Preview, with the lowest tonal values getting crushed to black. Same with Safari in some cases.

Lightroom 5.x was also showing some problems in this regard, with changing results between the Library and Develop views.

See:

http://diglloyd.com …emite-clipped-blacks.html (external link)

and

http://lagemaat.blogsp​ot.com …gement-bug-in-mac-os.html (external link)

I don't really use LR and view my images in PS and Photo Mechanic, typically, so I do not know if this has been rectified in Yosemite.

Do you find the issue only affects dark(er) images?

kirk

Kirk
---

john ­ crossley
Goldmember
2,433 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 13, 2015 13:44 |  #7

the flying moose wrote in post #17743848 (external link)
...Once I export them and open them in Preview, they look different. They are darker and with the color change...

What do the exported images look like when you view them in Lightroom?

Football is a very simple game. Twenty-two players chase a ball and Germany always win.

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
5,739 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 13, 2015 14:45 |  #8

Also consider that your iPhone is not color managed, but sort of assumes sRGB. You can control screen brightness and that is it.

kirk

Kirk
---

the ­ flying ­ moose
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 13, 2015 15:57 |  #9

kirkt wrote in post #17743911 (external link)
Are you using Mavericks? I noticed issues with sRGB image in Preview, with the lowest tonal values getting crushed to black. Same with Safari in some cases.

Lightroom 5.x was also showing some problems in this regard, with changing results between the Library and Develop views.

See:

http://diglloyd.com …emite-clipped-blacks.html (external link)

and

http://lagemaat.blogsp​ot.com …gement-bug-in-mac-os.html (external link)

I don't really use LR and view my images in PS and Photo Mechanic, typically, so I do not know if this has been rectified in Yosemite.

Do you find the issue only affects dark(er) images?

kirk

I am using El Capitan. Not sure if those issues you describe would carry over to the later OSX.

john crossley wrote in post #17744054 (external link)
What do the exported images look like when you view them in Lightroom?

Well thats bizarre. They look fine when reimported back into Lightroom. But have the same issue when I try to export them again.

kirkt wrote in post #17744134 (external link)
Also consider that your iPhone is not color managed, but sort of assumes sRGB. You can control screen brightness and that is it.

kirk

I don't have an iPhone. I have a s5.

I think I am just going to uninstall Lightroom CC and then reinstall and see if that fixes whatever is wrong.

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
5,739 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 13, 2015 18:38 as a reply to  @ the flying moose's post |  #10

See: http://www.displaymate​.com/Gamut_19.html (external link)

What screen mode do you use on your s5? Is the s5 color-managed?

kirk

Kirk
---

JTbandy
92 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 13, 2015 22:15 |  #11

After I upgraded to El Capitan my photos were dark when looking at them in preview. They looked fine until I did the upgrade. I went back to Yosemite and everything's fine again. Don't know if that's your issue just throwing that out there.

the ­ flying ­ moose
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 14, 2015 11:20 as a reply to  @ JTbandy's post |  #12

Possibly. This is the only set of photos I have had to edit where they all appear to be dark with a slight color change. Maybe I will try going back to Yosemite and see if that changes anything.

sponsored links

2,839 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom exporting changing color of photos.
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.