Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 22 Sep 2015 (Tuesday) 14:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sneak peaks do and donts

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited over 4 years ago by memoriesoftomorrow.

Sep 29, 2015 21:39 |  #16

Clients have the choice of FB or website sneak peeks. 95% choose FB. The first people to see the images on FB are the first people who see the post.

Every hour you delay in posting them after the wedding results is less WOM as a result. The closer you are to the wedding in your release time the better.

Peter

sponsored links
mckay ­ photography
676 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by mckay photography.

Oct 25, 2015 23:59 |  #17

I ask each client if they would like to see some sneak peeks - instagram is a great first location as it suits posting one or two photos. Facebook I use a few days later with 5-8 images plus a link to my blog which has more photos eg 20-40 images. The link to a blog or your website is important because the traffic will help your google rankings.

Gear: 5D mkiii x 2, 35 1.4 L, 16-35 L, 24-70 mkiiL, 70-200 L, Sigma Art 50 1.4
Wedding Photography Sydney (external link)
| Wedding Photography blog (external link) | Wedding photography Bowral (external link)

Jon ­ Tinkler
103 posts
Joined Feb 2015

Oct 26, 2015 01:58 |  #18

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #17719626 (external link)
They are selected, edited and posted within an couple of hours of getting back home or to where I am staying that night.

Hiya, just wondering if you still do those even if you're not back to home/hotel at midnight?

If I have back-to-back weddings on a weekend and don't wrap up the first until 11pm-ish, I'm often on 5 hours sleep as it is (by the time I download cards and back up, get all the batteries on chargers and wind myself down). I live about an hour out of town and sometimes drive 2-3 hours to and from locations on the same day.

I don't think I can carve out another couple of hours of sleep, to be fair to the clients the next day :-|

Perhaps I can be transferring and selecting in down time at the reception and then just posting when I hit home/hotel ....

Totally agree though that the later you leave it, the less effective it is.

Millgrove Photography

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 26, 2015 02:50 |  #19

Jon Tinkler wrote in post #17760414 (external link)
Hiya, just wondering if you still do those even if you're not back to home/hotel at midnight?

I do them every wedding. Interstate, overseas... it makes no difference.

I tend to wrap up shooting at a wedding at around 10pm. Most venues are a 1.5-2 hours drive from home and more often than not I'll drive home. (I find driving relaxing as I listen to audiobooks on the road). I get in around midnight. Backup (x3) and then sneak peek which sees me up until around 2:30 / 3:00 AM. It's great as the time I get home coincides with when the Premier league matches are on.

If I'm in a hotel I may get there around 11:00. However as I'm on a laptop the sneaks and backups take longer so it tends to mean I finish at a similar time.

Back-to-backs (or back-to-back-to-backs) are treated exactly the same. Thesse day though I'm not taking back-to-backs any more as I don't want to do them. Which is great because I get home... watch the footy with a beer and pop up some sneak peeks. Then the following day after a lie in (anything beyond 6:00 AM for me) I can hit the golf course (which just so happens to be 300m from my front door).

Peter

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
1,374 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 27, 2015 11:38 as a reply to  @ memoriesoftomorrow's post |  #20

Was going to ask if it was Aussie rules, but remembered your in NZ lol.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

BlakeC
"Dad was a meat cutter"
2,673 posts
Gallery: 372 photos
Joined Jul 2014

Oct 27, 2015 11:45 |  #21

I usually do a sneak peek within a day on facebook.
Galleries are not private unless requested, and even then, not all photos are private. I need to be able to show potential clients something! I tried doing the whole approval thing, and I always ended up waiting for the B&G to approve them at their leisure.

Blake C
BlakeC-Photography.com (external link)
Follow Me on Facebook (external link) , Instagram (external link), or Google+ (external link)
80D |70D | SL1 - Σ 18-35 1.8 ART, Σ 50-100 1.8 ART, Σ 17-50 2.8, Canon 24 2.8 Pancake, Canon 50 1.8 STM, Canon 10-18 STM, Canon 18-135 STM

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 27, 2015 17:12 as a reply to  @ Colin Glover's post |  #22

I'm in Oz. And no... it is proper football I watch.

Peter

sponsored links

3,540 views & 4 likes for this thread
Sneak peaks do and donts
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.