Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 24 Oct 2015 (Saturday) 14:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Crazy refurb deals- act quick

4myrrh1
205 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Joined May 2010

Oct 30, 2015 12:33 as a reply to  @ post 17765458 |  #181

I thought it may indicate that the body was a returned body that may have had the suspected wide aperture focusing issue that seems to get mentioned.

Trying for Better Images yet again.;)
My Flicker address:
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/52009571@N08/ (external link)

sponsored links
DreDaze
THREAD ­ STARTER
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,048 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Oct 30, 2015 12:46 |  #182

A lot of lenses were re-stocked, and still some decent deals- 100L for $611 is tempting to me

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

Nukehed
550 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 30, 2015 12:55 |  #183

M_Six wrote in post #17765114 (external link)
Same deal for the annual renewal package from CPS. That was always a fight to get delivered. I can pretty much count on an afternoon delivery tomorrow, so I'll take a half day off and hope they deliver early enough for me to get outside and play with it. It'll get here eventually. I wasn't planning on buying the 7D MkII until Spring anyway, so getting it this early at this price is an unexpected surprise.

The signature required delivery for the CPS annual package is a big PITA. No FedEx close and I don't regularly drive near one. So I have to have it held at the FedEx place, take extra time out, drive minimum 30 minutes each way to pick up a folder full of shipping labels. UGH!

"There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."- Ed Howdershelt
GEAR LIST
My website (external link)

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,371 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 30, 2015 12:58 |  #184

Sitting home now waiting on Fedex. Tick tock, tick tock.-?

Mark J.
Gear

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Oct 30, 2015 14:18 |  #185

4myrrh1 wrote in post #17765905 (external link)
I thought it may indicate that the body was a returned body that may have had the suspected wide aperture focusing issue that seems to get mentioned.

My suggestion on that is to try it and see if you've got the issue. If you can't replicate it, then great, if you can then send it back.

cepaw
133 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 30, 2015 14:40 |  #186

received my 6d and 24-70 today. I really thought it would not be here until monday. Very happy

www.michaelrhodesphoto​graphy.com (external link)

DaveL
875 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 30, 2015 14:58 |  #187

M_Six wrote in post #17765098 (external link)
I'm signup up for that service, but delivery to another address or setting a delivery time are both grayed out for me. Fedex told me it was Canon that was prohibiting those options.

I have fedex delivery manager and didn't have a problem routing my canon order to my local fedex kinkos (mine was air however)

That said, when I have fedex ground, and fedex.com won't let me re-route, I leave a note on my door with my cell for
the driver and when he calls, I make arrangements to pick it up later in the route (or end of day).

Canon 5D MKIII, 6D, 1D Classic
Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS, 70-200 f/2.8L II, 135mm f/2L, 16-35L II,
Alien Bees B800 strobes, softboxes, pocket wizard X's
Gibson Guitars
Friedman Amps

drifter106
533 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Oct 30, 2015 15:31 |  #188

FedEx was here at 1:00 pm today...camera in brown PS camera box. Battery was completely dead, recharging it. Everything looks good. Will check later to # of actuations. (Put the battery from 5d Mark III in camera and it powered up just fine.)

That was definitely quite the experience. They unloaded a feces load of equipment. Reminds me of a garage sale!! LOL

Gear
Remember, what is common knowledge to some is a revelation to others.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,371 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by M_Six. (2 edits in all)

Oct 30, 2015 15:46 |  #189

DaveL wrote in post #17766076 (external link)
I have fedex delivery manager and didn't have a problem routing my canon order to my local fedex kinkos (mine was air however)

That said, when I have fedex ground, and fedex.com won't let me re-route, I leave a note on my door with my cell for
the driver and when he calls, I make arrangements to pick it up later in the route (or end of day).

That's a good idea. I'll remember that for next time. Was just replying that I hope the driver shows up today and lo-and-behold, she did. Then she hands me a package that weighs 25lbs. I'm thinking, damn the 7D MkII is a heavy beast. I look and it's addressed to my neighbor. Wrong package. We finally got it straightened out, though.

Now to check shutter count.

UPDATE: Camera looks brand new. Shutter count is 1424. No complaints.

Mark J.
Gear

robsudac
173 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 30, 2015 22:19 |  #190

I missed out on the original triple stacking deal due to a family emergency but I seemed to have lucked myself into the shoes of someone who got in on this deal and no longer had a need for it.

Camera is scheduled to arrive on Monday... I feel like a kid anxiously waiting through the holiday weekend when the actual Christmas day falls on a Monday :-(

Fingers crossed for one with low actuations... ;-)a

drifter106
533 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Feb 2006
Post edited over 3 years ago by drifter106. (2 edits in all)

Oct 30, 2015 23:01 |  #191

Canon 7d mark II

485 clicks via shuttercount (from apple)

Turned the camera on and checked the battery via the menu...it indicates that there are 176 clicks on the camera. Why the 2 different readings?

Gear
Remember, what is common knowledge to some is a revelation to others.

wizzells
63 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 31, 2015 00:06 as a reply to  @ drifter106's post |  #192

If the 7D is anything like my 70D and 6D, the 176 number in the battery menu should indicate the number of clicks that have been done on the current battery charge.

My flickr (external link)

Nogo
World Record Holding Most Boring Commenter
7,696 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Oct 31, 2015 00:15 |  #193

wizzells wrote in post #17766516 (external link)
If the 7D is anything like my 70D and 6D, the 176 number in the battery menu should indicate the number of clicks that have been done on the current battery charge.

You can't go by that. That is only the number of shots recorded in the memory of the battery since its last charge.

Philip

MatthewK
Goldmember
3,963 posts
Gallery: 725 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 31, 2015 10:45 |  #194

Got a hold of a 24-70 f/4 with the crazy triple-stack deal!

The FedEx "Signature Required by someone in person" thing is extremely frustrating... I even left a note saying "LEAVE MY PACKAGE, HERE IS MY SIGNATURE", and they still door-tagged me vmad Not sure if you can call Canon when ordering and tell them to allow package to be left without a signature?

.:: GAS-Free 'til July 2020 ::. for real this time, I swear

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,371 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 31, 2015 12:18 |  #195

MatthewK wrote in post #17766850 (external link)
Got a hold of a 24-70 f/4 with the crazy triple-stack deal!

The FedEx "Signature Required by someone in person" thing is extremely frustrating... I even left a note saying "LEAVE MY PACKAGE, HERE IS MY SIGNATURE", and they still door-tagged me vmad Not sure if you can call Canon when ordering and tell them to allow package to be left without a signature?

Nope. Been there, done that. They won't do it. I had to burn half a vacation day to stay home yesterday to sign for it. Unless you live near the Fedex facility where you can have the package held for you to pick up, you're pretty much stuck signing for it in person. The thing is, yesterday the driver had no e-pen, so I had to "sign" with my finger in that little electronic window on their handheld device, which basically just left a squiggly line. The whole signature thing is a joke.

Mark J.
Gear

sponsored links

22,123 views & 33 likes for this thread
Crazy refurb deals- act quick
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.