Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Nov 2015 (Monday) 07:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Quick 60d LCD Question

shooter ­ mcgavin
526 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 02, 2015 07:13 |  #1

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm just having a hard time finding the info.

I just bought a used 60d, and everything seems fine, except when the lcd is rotated, the image doesn't flip, so when it's held out away from the body the image is upside down. Is there a setting somewhere that locks or unlocks the "screen flip", or is it more likely that there's a sensor that's faulty that should be telling it the lcd is flipped?

I can return it (bought on amazon), but I'd like to keep it if this isn't actually an issue.

Thanks!

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,610 posts
Joined May 2003
Post edited over 4 years ago by John from PA. (3 edits in all)

Nov 02, 2015 07:40 |  #2

Not normal. There is an orientation sensor in the 60D. If it bothers you (and it likely will) and you have an opportunity to return it I would do so.

There is some discussion of this on the web...one discussion is at http://www.dgrin.com/s​howthread.php?t=240914 (external link)

One more thing comes to mind since this is a used camera. Do you know if it came with an SD card installed that you might now be using and which contains Magic Lantern (ML)? I believe ML has an option to flip the image, although personally I don't know why you would want to do that.

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Nov 02, 2015 07:55 |  #3

Is Magic Lantern (ML) installed? ML can change the screen orientation. If ML is installed, pressing the <DELETE> button after turning the camera on (wait until completely booted, 1-2s) will bring up ML screens. If that isn't it, your camera has a problem.

shooter ­ mcgavin
THREAD ­ STARTER
526 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 02, 2015 17:32 |  #4

Thanks for the replies and the link. No, there was no SD included, and I don't know much about ML, but I think it has to be saved to the SD? I think I'll just return it. Bummer. Thanks again!

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,610 posts
Joined May 2003
Post edited over 4 years ago by John from PA.

Nov 02, 2015 20:09 |  #5

shooter mcgavin wrote in post #17769844 (external link)
Thanks for the replies and the link. No, there was no SD included, and I don't know much about ML, but I think it has to be saved to the SD? I think I'll just return it. Bummer. Thanks again!

Before doing that, do a firmware upgrade and then reset the camera back to factory defaults and clear all custom functions. It may not fix things, but it just might and only will take about 5 to 10 minutes.

Personally, I recommend this for anyone buying a used camera.

shooter ­ mcgavin
THREAD ­ STARTER
526 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 02, 2015 20:25 as a reply to  @ John from PA's post |  #6

sounds good. Will do. Thanks!

sponsored links

719 views & 0 likes for this thread
Quick 60d LCD Question
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.