Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 09 Sep 2015 (Wednesday) 13:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

camera is heavy when walking...need good strap, etc

anitaw2
THREAD ­ STARTER
352 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2015

Sep 17, 2015 12:40 |  #46

thanks...this is very helpful in helping me decide

Anita W.

sponsored links
iazybandit
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Nov 06, 2015 15:07 |  #47

I used and reviewed majority of the straps on the market. BlackRapid, CustomSLR, CarrySpeed, Luma and Peak Design.

I love my Peak Design Slide strap - http://www.1kindphotog​raphy.com …e-camera-sling-strap.html (external link) (10% off coupon code available)

Second place is a tie between Luma and CustomSLR (you can read the reviews at http://www.1kindphotog​raphy.com/p/reviews_2.​html#straps (external link).

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

snerd
662 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 06, 2015 21:16 |  #48

2n10 wrote in post #17701391 (external link)
I use a BleckRapids Sport. I have a 7DII with battery grip and the 100-400 II lens.

^^^ This

chuckmiller
Goldmember
1,267 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined May 2012

Nov 08, 2015 07:42 |  #49

Carryspeed Pro all day long. It has a WIDE soft comfortable shoulder strap and the swivel ball with multiple locations is great. The current model is the best yet. Look for as many youtube videos as you can find. I have used it for 3 years now.

Retired from Fire/Rescue with 30 years on the job 1/05/2019

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Nov 08, 2015 17:12 |  #50

chuckmiller wrote in post #17776105 (external link)
Carryspeed Pro all day long. It has a WIDE soft comfortable shoulder strap and the swivel ball with multiple locations is great. The current model is the best yet. Look for as many youtube videos as you can find. I have used it for 3 years now.

Unfortunately, you can't get it in the states anymore. The reason is because BlackRapid sued them. CS went to court to fight it but lost not because of patent infringement but because they couldn't afford the court/lawyer fees anymore.

The parent company (Millionway International) of CarrySpeed sold it off to an international company who now handles it. You'll still see CS products floating around that are probably the old versions. Otherwise, they're all shipped from overseas.

FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

Nethawked
800 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2014

Nov 10, 2015 15:48 |  #51

I also use Peak Design Slide but immediately hated it because it had no padding. My previous favorite was UpStrap, man I loved that non-slip padding. Anyway, I bought one of these which fits perfectly on the Slide. After four days of lugging around a 6D + 70-200mm f/2.8 II at a recent music festival I'm happy to say, this setup is the schnizzle.

http://www.amazon.com …oh_aui_detailpa​ge_o02_s00 (external link)

chuckmiller
Goldmember
1,267 posts
Joined May 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by chuckmiller.

Nov 10, 2015 18:46 |  #52

1KIND wrote in post #17776566 (external link)
Unfortunately, you can't get it in the states anymore. .

Amazon has them.

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Nov 11, 2015 11:47 |  #53

Nethawked wrote in post #17779040 (external link)
I also use Peak Design Slide but immediately hated it because it had no padding. My previous favorite was UpStrap, man I loved that non-slip padding. Anyway, I bought one of these which fits perfectly on the Slide. After four days of lugging around a 6D + 70-200mm f/2.8 II at a recent music festival I'm happy to say, this setup is the schnizzle.

http://www.amazon.com …oh_aui_detailpa​ge_o02_s00 (external link)

The strap has padding. Just not as thick as what other straps has to offer. The padding is inside the nylon webbing. If you go and fold the strap, its stiffer than the rest of the strap

You can see the indent/bulge from the padding on the strap on the left. The strap on the right is the SlideLITE. It's smaller in width and no padding as it is meant for mirrorless or smaller cameras.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1126.photobuck​et.com …peakdesign_slid​elite6.jpg (external link)

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Post edited over 4 years ago by iazybandit.

Nov 11, 2015 11:48 |  #54

chuckmiller wrote in post #17779224 (external link)
Amazon has them.

As stated, its old stock or from international sellers. If you look at the listings, they are all coming from Korea or Hong Kong. Those that are "fulfilled by Amazon Warehouse", the seller providing it is from a different country.

Nethawked
800 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2014

Nov 11, 2015 12:33 |  #55

Sorry 1KIND, but I don't quite consider that padding. The $12 add on that I linked to worked well.

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Nov 11, 2015 13:05 |  #56

Nethawked wrote in post #17780020 (external link)
Sorry 1KIND, but I don't quite consider that padding. The $12 add on that I linked to worked well.

No problem. Different people have different takes on padding. For you, what Peak Design provides is not adequate enough for you. But if you found a solution that works for you, even better.

BlakeC
"Dad was a meat cutter"
2,673 posts
Gallery: 372 photos
Joined Jul 2014
Post edited over 4 years ago by BlakeC.

Nov 11, 2015 13:10 |  #57

dude! Spider Holsters! I use the Spider Pro Dual. But you can get it in a single. Talk about comfort! AND the camera doesn't swing when you move!

I have the BR Double harness but it is not fun to walk around in.

Blake C
BlakeC-Photography.com (external link)
Follow Me on Facebook (external link) , Instagram (external link), or Google+ (external link)
80D |70D | SL1 - Σ 18-35 1.8 ART, Σ 50-100 1.8 ART, Σ 17-50 2.8, Canon 24 2.8 Pancake, Canon 50 1.8 STM, Canon 10-18 STM, Canon 18-135 STM

chuckmiller
Goldmember
1,267 posts
Joined May 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by chuckmiller.

Nov 11, 2015 15:46 |  #58

1KIND wrote in post #17779975 (external link)
As stated, its old stock or from international sellers. If you look at the listings, they are all coming from Korea or Hong Kong. Those that are "fulfilled by Amazon Warehouse", the seller providing it is from a different country.

Regardless, I bought 2 more this week and they were here in 2 days, free shipping, current production strap, F-2 folding mount. That's pretty fast if they are coming from Asia.

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Nov 11, 2015 20:01 |  #59

chuckmiller wrote in post #17780230 (external link)
Regardless, I bought 2 more this week and they were here in 2 days, free shipping, current production strap, F-2 folding mount. That's pretty fast if they are coming from Asia.

Prime? If so, Amazon has them stocked in their warehouse that is why you got them so quick especially with free shipping and 2 days.

RileyNZL
612 posts
Gallery: 121 photos
Joined Apr 2013

Dec 16, 2015 18:44 |  #60

It's probably the same weight when you are not walking too :P

Canon 1Dx |Canon 6D|Canon 24-70 F2.8 L MkII|Canon 16-35 F4 L|Sigma 70-200 F2.8 EX OS|Canon 400mm f5.6 L|Sigma 50mm F1.4|Canon 600EX's|Gitzo Explorer Tripod|

sponsored links

12,710 views & 19 likes for this thread
camera is heavy when walking...need good strap, etc
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.