Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 12 Nov 2014 (Wednesday) 14:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D Mark II - Focus Discussions

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
15,928 posts
Gallery: 2498 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012

Nov 27, 2015 17:50 as a reply to  @ post 17798598 |  #4321

OK we're not listening to this ...... LOL

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,361 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 27, 2015 20:55 |  #4322

gschlact wrote in post #17798403 (external link)
Seriously though, you might want to consider my previous suggestion for this trip to Canon. When you call them, don't ask for the tech team, instead get to Customer Service and ask for a Manager. Once problem and history gets explained, your goal is to have that manager take ownership to help in getting this resolved. They will manage the tech encounter for you and all extra and or necessary communications.

Seriously, this was the only way my old 7d issue got resolved.

You have never dealt with Canon Canada service.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Pondrader
15,928 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Nov 27, 2015 21:17 as a reply to  @ digital paradise's post |  #4323

Im still gona call every day until they get the message

flickr (external link)

gschlact
1,317 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 27, 2015 22:20 |  #4324

Phoenixkh wrote in post #17798472 (external link)
This might not be the place but I can't think of another. I have noticed on a couple different threads that some people are posting 7D2 photographs taken with a variety of lenses that are hmmmmm less than I expect out of mine. My paradigm, again, is how great mine was for 10 months. So when I see these muddy, blurry, out of focus, less than sharp (pick your own phrase) photographs, it's disconcerting. I know there can be all sort of reasons for less than stellar photographs, but they do give me pause.

The posters are thrilled with their photographs. So I guess I should just remain silent. I certainly don't want to say anything to them. That would just make them paranoid like ummmmm me. ;)

Kim,
For those observations you are making online where the poster is happy, you do have to remember that the auto resizing by this or the hosting website often contribute to softness. Others, over reach and heavily cop. In both of these situations there is no ability to comment on the sharpness.

daverator
My title stinks!
2,073 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Sep 2014

Nov 28, 2015 09:08 |  #4325

Pondrader wrote in post #17798681 (external link)
OK we're not listening to this ...... LOL

Hey Jeff, is that a depiction of canon service?:lol:

Dave
7D gripped l T3i gripped | EFS-IS 18-55mm | EFS-IS II 55-250mm | EF 50mm 1.8 II l Tamron 150-600mm | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 vc

pagnotmf
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Nov 28, 2015 18:49 |  #4326

On a quest to search the 7d mark ii autofocus issues to the end of the Internet, I stumbled upon several incredible photographers with similar complaints. Please check Kris Rowe's solution to his "smeary" images on this thread http://www.dpreview.co​m/forums/thread/384442​4?page=4 (external link)

The important post is by Kris in CT, fourth up from the bottom of that page. Did not see in the search of this 289 page thread that this had been suggested. I'd love to hear that it was something this simple but doubt it. You guys may have hashed this out and I missed it.

smythie
I wasn't even trying
3,680 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Nov 28, 2015 19:48 |  #4327

Welcome. Are you referring to the Wasabi battery being suspected of causing the problem?

Gear List

Archibald
You must be quackers!
8,248 posts
Gallery: 372 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2008

Nov 28, 2015 19:55 |  #4328

pagnotmf wrote in post #17799755 (external link)
On a quest to search the 7d mark ii autofocus issues to the end of the Internet, I stumbled upon several incredible photographers with similar complaints. Please check Kris Rowe's solution to his "smeary" images on this thread http://www.dpreview.co​m/forums/thread/384442​4?page=4 (external link)

The important post is by Kris in CT, fourth up from the bottom of that page. Did not see in the search of this 289 page thread that this had been suggested. I'd love to hear that it was something this simple but doubt it. You guys may have hashed this out and I missed it.

Speculation. Nothing wrong with speculation, it can lead to solutions. But for now the role of the battery seems unproven (and unlikely) to me.

Funny, RAM at DPR reports mysterious and inconsistent problems with the AF of his 17-55mm when focusing into the distance, same as I have! No wonder, it's a known fault of that lens.

Sony RX10 IV, Canon 7D2, Canon 77D, assorted Canon lenses
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK
Donate to POTN here

pagnotmf
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Nov 28, 2015 20:34 as a reply to  @ Archibald's post |  #4329

Agreed. Your response prompted me to continue searching and it appears Kris actually ended up sending his camera in to Canon for AF repair. His post about that showed up here http://www.fredmiranda​.com/forum/topic/13891​49 (external link)
(coastalconn Sept 28, 2015)

So maybe the battery thing was fleeting or a post to dodge the trolling. Regardless, on a positive note, maybe the magic can return to Pondrader's camera after tech support.

gschlact
1,317 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 28, 2015 22:49 |  #4330

pagnotmf wrote in post #17799755 (external link)

Interesting info on his Wasabi battery, but link didn't show a page 4.

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 172 photos
Joined Oct 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by Methodical.

Nov 29, 2015 01:25 |  #4331

Pondrader wrote in post #17796785 (external link)
I figured out how to fix everything !! lol
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Pondrader in
./showthread.php?p=177​96785&i=i153310882
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

The X makes shooting too easy. It's almost cheating.

My Treasure Chest
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

butterfly2937
Cream of the Crop
6,964 posts
Gallery: 226 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 29, 2015 09:38 |  #4332

Methodical wrote in post #17800076 (external link)

Methodical wrote in post #17800076 (external link)

I have come to the conclusion that once you have been spoiled by the 1D series with it's accuracy and consistency it is hard to get too excited about another body.

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,361 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 29, 2015 10:11 |  #4333

butterfly2937 wrote in post #17800325 (external link)
I have come to the conclusion that once you have been spoiled by the 1D series with it's accuracy and consistency it is hard to get too excited about another body.

I have read a lot about the 5D3 and 1DX. Both are heralded as having outstanding AF and I agree because I have the 5D3. From the first time I pressed the shutter I knew I had a winner. The 5Dc and 5D2 were no slouches either.

That being said after going to Canon the first time my 7D2 has tracked exceptionally well. I had Canon make a few adjustments just to be sure before my trip and the warranty ran out. With the nice weather I hope to get out in the next few days.

The 1DX was $6000 at the release while the 7D2 was about $1800? The 1DX was Canon's olympic flagship so you know they were going to go that extra step when manufacturing it. Not that is right but no one really knows and never will. I have never shot with the 1DX but with the pixel count and advanced algorithms, etc my guess is I would find it much more forgiving than my 7D2.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 172 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 29, 2015 14:10 |  #4334

butterfly2937 wrote in post #17800325 (external link)

You are absolutely correct. I have been shooting with the 1D since the 1D3.

My Treasure Chest
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Pondrader
15,928 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited over 3 years ago by Pondrader.

Nov 29, 2015 14:13 |  #4335

O you 1Dx lover's lol, You haven't lived until you've shot your fill of red with a 7D on a snowy afternoon.

Your all just gona have to forgive me for a bit with the 7D LOL

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,342,913 views & 2,730 likes for this thread
7D Mark II - Focus Discussions
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.