Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 02 Dec 2015 (Wednesday) 11:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

[Rumor] Nikon buys Samsung NX technology

werds
"Yes, Sire. You'll shut your trap!"
613 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Dec 02, 2015 11:22 |  #1

Since it is Industry news but rumor, wasn't sure which forum to place in - Mods can move as necessary :)

http://www.mirrorlessr​umors.com …msung-nx-mirrorless-tech/ (external link)

Short Excerpt below.

Nikon acquires Samsung NX tech!
The past weeks we had long chats with our Samsung sources about the recent shut down rumors. And they told us the reason why Samsung is stopping the camera sales: Nikon acquired all the Samsung NX tech! That acquisition could (I said could!) be made public in January at the CES. As we have been told Samsung will have a major press announcement there.

Gear: Nikon D750, Nikon D7200, Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS, Sigma 50-150 2.8 OS HSM EX , Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR1, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD, Tamron 16-300mm VC PZD, Tamron 150-600 VC, Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8, Nikon SB-900
POTN Seller Feedback (and other)

Gas ­ Hog
I like a good quack in the morning.
711 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Dec 02, 2015 12:01 |  #2

:8-)8-)8-)8-)
Nikon..yea baby!
Gary

Feel free to not "Like" any of my photos. Until the Like button is corrected..I wont be "liking" Yours!
gear list

mystik610
Cream of the Crop
8,890 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 02, 2015 13:18 |  #3

Very big deal if true. It will give Nikon a head-start in the mirrorless race (they would immediately leap-frog Canon), and give Nikon Samsung's sensor tech. Samsung's sensors rival Sony's, and it wold mean they could produce them in-house in lieu of sourcing from Sony and Toshiba.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α7ʀIII
Zeiss Loxia 21 - Canon 24-70 2.8LII - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - Sony 50 1.8 - Sony 85GM - Sigma 135 f1.8 ART

werds
THREAD ­ STARTER
"Yes, Sire. You'll shut your trap!"
613 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2014
Post edited over 3 years ago by werds.

Dec 02, 2015 13:50 |  #4

mystik610 wrote in post #17804782 (external link)
Very big deal if true. It will give Nikon a head-start in the mirrorless race (they would immediately leap-frog Canon), and give Nikon Samsung's sensor tech. Samsung's sensors rival Sony's, and it wold mean they could produce them in-house in lieu of sourcing from Sony and Toshiba.

I actually think they won't source in house, they will just own the designs and tech patents and have Samsung with their massive manufacturing capabilities produce the sensors exclusively for Nikon. I mean that would make sense based on them buying the tech vs buying a division (if the rumors are true).

I got giddy because I also remember the recent rumors of Nikon testing a FF mirrorless... maybe they have gotten far enough into testing to finally get truly serious!

(Also hoping for some kind of mount or adapter that allows full use of the F mount lenses so that I wouldn't need to switch a complete system right of the bat lol)

Gear: Nikon D750, Nikon D7200, Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS, Sigma 50-150 2.8 OS HSM EX , Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR1, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD, Tamron 16-300mm VC PZD, Tamron 150-600 VC, Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8, Nikon SB-900
POTN Seller Feedback (and other)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 05, 2015 11:50 |  #5

Samsung has denied this one.

http://nikonrumors.com …rrorless-technology.aspx/ (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,323 views & 0 likes for this thread
[Rumor] Nikon buys Samsung NX technology
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.