Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,281 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 01, 2015 22:17 |  #5596

In-laws, or out-laws. :rolleyes:

So far, I have two brother-in-laws and one sister-in-law. The boys are great, she is... difficult.
I have never come close to having in-laws of my own, but it is something that I think about. The last guy that was somewhat on my radar has family that would be difficult for me to get along with/be accepted by. It was a considerable thing to think about, even when I was just getting to know this guy. Nothing ever happened between us, but he sure was a flirt at first.

Melody

sponsored links
EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 01, 2015 22:43 as a reply to  @ Jill-of-all-Trades's post |  #5597

I have a sister in law that can be difficult, but she's far away and we only see her twice a year (at most). :)

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,086 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 02, 2015 16:52 |  #5598

Lynn, I kind of know what you are talking about. My mother-in-law, rest her soul, had a love-hate relationship with me. I won't go in to all the details but I was never certain which side of the coin I was on each day with her.

On a cute note, Ella turned 10 months old yesterday & decided shje was old enough to start walking. Still a bit tentative but oh so cute.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 02, 2015 22:09 |  #5599

She kills me.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

GibJock
Kill killer
9,647 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Dec 03, 2015 02:37 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #5600

She looks like you, well I think so. Don't know if her dancing is better though - assuming that's what she's doing! :-)

flickr (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 03, 2015 13:53 as a reply to  @ GibJock's post |  #5601

First steps...... but she does look like she is dancing. She is a teensy thing & very tentative.

5DMK4
7DMK2

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 03, 2015 15:55 |  #5602

Ian Mackie wrote in post #17805577 (external link)
She looks like you, well I think so. Don't know if her dancing is better though - assuming that's what she's doing! :-)

She does look like she's dancing. Too cute.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 03, 2015 17:37 |  #5603

She has been my hardest grandbaby but it is amazing how much I love her. We went shopping the other day...... Just an iPhone shot but worth a chuckle.

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Dec 03, 2015 22:27 |  #5604

Maureen, you hit it on the head. I never know where I stand with her. It changes everyday. Heck, it changes every hour, lol. Unfortunately, she will tell you exactly what she thinks. Wherever she goes, it could be the bank, grocery store, etc. whenever someone asks how she's doing, she'll tell them, complete strangers. By the time she's done, they wished they never asked!

On a lighter note, Ella is so cute. I remember my kids loved to push the basket, well insisted was more like it. She looks like she might be a handful, though?:-)

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 03, 2015 23:33 as a reply to  @ MissFire's post |  #5605

Well my mother-in-law was very old school so she disapproved of my more modern ways (hated that I did not spank my kids when they were naughty). She also hated that I was a strong, smart, independent woman & hated that I made more money than her son. BUT, she loved that her son was happy & her grandkids were happy & she loved that I was an RN. She bragged about that part of me- ha, ha, ha.

Yes. Miss Ella (I call her Chickadee) is a bit of a handful but right now she is "my" baby :love:. She is way smaller than any of my grandsons were so I feel like she is staying littler longer. She loves for me to take her out shopping. We have a blast.

5DMK4
7DMK2

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,281 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 06, 2015 14:42 |  #5606

The last couple of weeks have been a shopping extravagance for me. Some due to necessity, some due to timing, some due to wants, and lots to do with sales.

I bought running shoes because I desperately needed them. I bought hockey skates because they went on sale and I needed a better fitting pair. I bought underwear because it was on sale and who doesn't need new undies. I bought a laptop and Sypder monitor calibrator because they finally went on sale (been waiting a long time to get them). I bought a truck that I certainly needed before winter sets upon us.

And now today, I bought a leather coat. I've been searching for years for a good quality dress coat. Unfortunately, women's coats simply don't fit me, so I ended up with a men's coat that has a more universal look. It fits great, and has 9 pockets!

Here's the awesome part.... One of the sales girls at the shop had given me a 'Friends and Family' coupon for today only. She has no family and very few friends in the area, so she gave one to me when I was in looking for a coat. This coupon was for 30% off the lowest ticketed price.

Original price: $499
Marked down to: $349
Final price after coupon: $244.30

I also bought gloves that were $50, marked down to $39, and I got for $27.30

So the full price would have been $549 and I paid $271.60 plus tax. :D

50.5% savings = Merry Christmas to me!

Too bad my aunt, who's name I drew in the family name draw for Christmas, has not yet given any clue as to what she might want. I might have gotten her something rather nice from the store that sells all the fancy leather stuff.

Melody

GibJock
Kill killer
9,647 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Dec 06, 2015 14:55 as a reply to  @ Jill-of-all-Trades's post |  #5607

Give her the gloves :-D

flickr (external link)

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,281 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 06, 2015 14:58 |  #5608

Ian Mackie wrote in post #17809483 (external link)
Give her the gloves :-D

Nope! I LOVE them!!!

Although, the original price is at the price point that we set for the family gift giving. The sale stuff is all mine!

Melody

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Dec 06, 2015 17:33 |  #5609

Melody,

Thats the kind of shopping I like to do! Although, I'm afraid I haven't gone shopping for myself in over a year!
Enjoy your leather coat and gloves.:-)

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,281 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 06, 2015 20:21 |  #5610

MissFire wrote in post #17809623 (external link)
Melody,

Thats the kind of shopping I like to do! Although, I'm afraid I haven't gone shopping for myself in over a year!
Enjoy your leather coat and gloves.:-)

I had not really gone shopping for anything other than necessities in a long time. For 18 months I was either unemployed and on EI, or working only a couple days a week. I bought very little in the way of clothes, mostly just socks and undies, and the occasional item that went on sale or I really needed. Good footwear is essential, especially when I'm on my feet all day. I still need to get something to wear at work during winter. I need something as comfy as my running shoes, but warmer and weather proof.

Ontario has Apprenticeship Completion Grants. When I got my mechanics license I sent in my information and got a cheque for $2000 from the government. I had committed to using it for buying a new computer. I've had the money for awhile, just waited for black friday sales to get the computer. I also got my Spyder5Pro to go with it. Still had some money left over, so that went towards the coat.

My old truck is in rough shape. I would need to put $1500-2000 worth of parts into before winter hits. It's simply not worth that. I paid $3500 for it four years ago and have put over 120,000 kms on it. With my new job, the bank approved a loan and I upgraded.

I also will only get one Christmas present, by way of the family name draw that we do. This year the dollar amount is set at $50. So, rather than hoping to get something that I want from someone else, I simply buy for myself. The incredible sales that happen make it prime time to spoil myself.

Melody

sponsored links

637,802 views & 1,354 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.