Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Food Photography & Visual Recipes 
Thread started 26 Nov 2015 (Thursday) 19:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Holiday food

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,956 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012
Post edited over 2 years ago by OhLook with reason 'Replaced Photobucket link'.

Nov 26, 2015 19:11 |  #1

Our fairly virtuous dessert this Thanksgiving (U.S.) on a new homemade cutting board.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

sponsored links
Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Nov 27, 2015 00:00 |  #2

Looks nice, tasty too. I was volunteered for the green bean casserole this year - made about three quarts (two pounds of beans).

Lupo

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,242 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012

Nov 27, 2015 00:16 |  #3

Mmmm, yummy. What kind of bread is that Oh? I bet it weighs about 1/2 pound per slice.

Mark

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
18,956 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Nov 27, 2015 01:45 |  #4

Lupo-Lobo wrote in post #17798015 (external link)
Looks nice, tasty too. I was volunteered for the green bean casserole this year - made about three quarts (two pounds of beans).

Thanks. It's funny how that casserole has become associated with Thanksgiving so that people now think it's a tradition. What an upstart! It wasn't one of the classic dishes when I learned about T'giving. Do they still do the creamed pearl onions?

rrblint wrote in post #17798022 (external link)
Mmmm, yummy. What kind of bread is that Oh? I bet it weighs about 1/2 pound per slice.

Thanks. Pumpkin bread with nuts. It's dense, but the slices are small.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Nov 27, 2015 01:58 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #5

Do they still do the creamed pearl onions?

Funny - I have never heard of that but a quick search and I see that is a popular dish. Maybe for Christmas.

Lupo

Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 05, 2015 01:43 |  #6

Not necessarily a holiday food but certainly more common this time of year ...

HOSTED PHOTO

Cookie/Biscuit

Lupo

avim
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Dec 27, 2015 09:43 |  #7

Great shot! looks tasty!

Avi Meshulam

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
18,956 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 01, 2016 14:12 |  #8

These were on sale after Christmas, 50% off. Shot on a different new homemade cutting board. I wish I had better lighting and a continuous background with no horizon line, but here goes.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Jan 03, 2016 00:12 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #9

I think it looks nice - good light and the camera used offers an interesting perspective. As for the horizontal line, most post production software can remedy that in short order. If the software is an issue, you can buy largish sheets of white (or black) cardboard which you can place under your subject and curve it against the wall. On the plus side these cardboards can be used as reflectors as well.

Lupo

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
18,956 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 03, 2016 01:18 |  #10

Lupo-Lobo wrote in post #17842204 (external link)
I think it looks nice - good light and the camera used offers an interesting perspective. . . .

Thanks. You seem to like it more than I do!  :p I agree that the light was good. However, the whole presentation is emotionally cold rather than inviting. I now think that for a cake that small, going in closer would be better. As is, the wood occupies too much of the frame. And the package is too far from the cake. That was a tradeoff. I put the package far back to blur it, and even at f/1.8 it didn't blur much.

Don't hesitate to criticize. I want to improve.

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
18,956 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 03, 2016 17:18 |  #11

Another attempt to make this stuff look appealing.

HOSTED PHOTO

The fork seems huge. That far below the focus point, it shouldn't. These panettones are very small. I had a miniature plate to set the slice off but not a miniature fork.

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
18,956 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 03, 2016 23:18 |  #12

Yet another attempt. By this time, there was no natural light. The kitchen's LEDs served.

HOSTED PHOTO

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
13,411 posts
Gallery: 203 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 04, 2016 11:02 |  #13

Not exactly food but it is something to warm the tummy during the Holiday Season. Hot eggnog was served in my family during the Holidays for as long as I can remember and I'm 70 now. Brandy is optional of course.

IMAGE: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5631/23328043616_65fbcb8223_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Bxqj​Cy  (external link) Hot eggnog (external link) by Gene (external link), on Flickr

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

sponsored links

4,473 views & 3 likes for this thread
Holiday food
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Food Photography & Visual Recipes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.