Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 26 Jan 2013 (Saturday) 10:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 05, 2015 20:04 |  #6271

abbadon31 wrote in post #17807838 (external link)
The x-1 can't control the non ttl / old versions of the 360 or the v850 or the v860 or the 600. The trigger works great with the ttl 360 Version only and the new v800 series.

There is a reliable source that says a receiver will soon be available to allow the new Godox 2.4G Wireless radio system transmitters to control the older Godox Manual only flashes that have the wireless control ports for the 433MHz FT-16 and FT-16s receivers ( https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17790510 ). The new TTL AD360IIc and TTL TT685C, which have the new 2.4G Wireless Radio transceivers built in, also have the wireless control ports to allow them to be used with the 433MHz FT-16(s) receivers.

The older v860c is a Canon compatible TTL flash so it can be controlled with the new 2.4G Wireless system when attached to an X1-c receiver.

It is easy, even without a special receiver, to incorporate the older Godox Manual only flashes into the new 2.4G Wireless system in one of several ways. As you pointed out above, you can stack an FT-16 transmitter in the hot shoe of an X1-c transmitter. You can also place an FT-16 in the hot shoe of an X1-c receiver or you could just use an X1-c receiver for each of the older flashes. If you use a TT685c or AD360IIc as Master flashes then you will need to use one of the methods with the X1-c receiver.

I have been personally testing the new Godox 2.4G TTL Wireless Radio system, which includes the X1-c, AD360IIc and TT685c, to see how well these new Godox components will incorporate into both the Canon Wireless RT system as well as the Manual only Godox/Cheetah system. Rather than take up space here I will be posting all my experience's in the following thread: https://photography-on-the.net …read.php?t=1444​958&page=1

Rand

Gear

sponsored links
kchanar
533 posts
Gallery: 277 photos
Joined Nov 2015

Dec 07, 2015 10:54 |  #6272

Love my Godox AD360

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Kelvin (My hobby)

DisrupTer911
Goldmember
2,452 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 10, 2015 14:28 |  #6273

DisrupTer911 wrote in post #17775837 (external link)
Can anyone 100% confirm that the Godox Cells-IIC works with the Canon 1Ds Mark III?

When I insert it onto the hotshoe, the pin will cause the flash to fire but shutter actuation does not.
Test button works to fire while on the hotshoe.

FT-16 works just fine.
channel dip switches all match.

ncsa wrote in post #17775898 (external link)
This is the same symptom with my 1D3, the body detects something in the hot shoe but will not actually trigger when the shutter is released - they do work with the 5D classic, so looks to be a firmware issue in the Cells IIc - I ended up grabbing a YN622C TX / RX set

dmward wrote in post #17776143 (external link)
Usually the result of an alignment problem. Check to ensure that the foot is slid completely into the hot shoe.

You know I went back now that I've had time to play with the Cells-IIc more with my 1Ds3 hotshoe.

I found that if I didn't push it 100% of the way in, but it hung just every so slightly out the back adn then tightened down, it works to fire the flash.
Now to test the faster then sync firing of it and see if it's communicating correctly.

Don't know if it's production variance or it just doesn't fit the 1Ds3 hotshoe right but more testing is needed.

www.vividemotionphotograph​y.comexternal link

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 10, 2015 21:52 |  #6274

DisrupTer911 wrote in post #17814183 (external link)
You know I went back now that I've had time to play with the Cells-IIc more with my 1Ds3 hotshoe.

I found that if I didn't push it 100% of the way in, but it hung just every so slightly out the back adn then tightened down, it works to fire the flash.
Now to test the faster then sync firing of it and see if it's communicating correctly.

Don't know if it's production variance or it just doesn't fit the 1Ds3 hotshoe right but more testing is needed.

A carefully trimmed stripe of gaffa or similar thick tape should force it to not seat fully and then work correctly - just a bit across the front if the mount

My Best Imageswww.echo63.deviantart.​com (external link)
Gear listhttps://photography-on-the.net …p?p=2463426&pos​tcount=385

Toby_tools
300 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Feb 2014

Dec 12, 2015 17:12 |  #6275

Need some help guys.

Looking to add one of these bare bulb flashes to my kit.
I have Yongnuo YN622C triggers. My primary reason for adding this unit will be for HSS.
What make and Model do you recommend?
Thanks

Toby

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,801 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Dec 12, 2015 17:27 |  #6276

The deal at Adorama for the flashpoint kit is still on.

http://www.adorama.com​/FPLFSL360K1.html (external link)

Hard to beat that price.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,358 posts
Gallery: 433 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012
Post edited over 3 years ago by ptcanon3ti.

Dec 12, 2015 17:43 |  #6277

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #17816732 (external link)
The deal at Adorama for the flashpoint kit is still on.

http://www.adorama.com​/FPLFSL360K1.html (external link)

Hard to beat that price.

You can't beat that price. I've looked. No matter the version of this flash or the seller, no one gets close.

AND they do HSS with the YN system.

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

papilio
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by papilio.

Dec 12, 2015 17:45 |  #6278

Re: Godox AD-S3 BD

Hi guys,

Been lurking here for the past month in anticipation of receiving my Flashpoint StreakLight 360 (Adorama's brand was the least expensive at the moment). The strobe is all that I could have wished for, immediately striking was the excellence of the design and build quality.

I'll be using the strobe on a Zacuto arm attached to a camera bracket for macro work, and having become used to the B400 with a 16-inch beauty dish in my studio I'm hoping to approach the same quality of light on-the-go with the 12-inch Godox AD-S3. The beauty dish arrived just today, I fitted it to the strobe and snapped the shutter a few times ...

What??!!!

Please somebody, tell me that there's something wrong here ... with each shot it sounds as if somebody were rapping the BD with a small mallet! My guess is that it's an amplification of the sound from the bulb popping as its volume increases with higher outputs, but it's plenty conspicuous even at the lowest flash output setting. Hard to believe that in all of my scouring reviews of the BD nothing like this was ever mentioned.

Should it be doing this? If nothing else ... it's just plain embarrassing.

Thanks!

Toby_tools
300 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Feb 2014

Dec 12, 2015 18:19 |  #6279

Thanks guys!

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,358 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 12, 2015 18:22 as a reply to  @ papilio's post |  #6280

Embarrassing? Because of the sound? I'm not sure I understand.

Paul
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

papilio
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 12, 2015 18:29 |  #6281

ptcanon3ti wrote in post #17816780 (external link)
Embarrassing? Because of the sound? I'm not sure I understand.

Well, that was said only half in jest ... but it is a *very* loud and rather obnoxious noise, I'm asking whether it's normal partly so that, if something's wrong, I don't want to continue using it at the risk of causing some sort of damage. But surely if it is the norm it would have been widely commented on. I've not before encountered anything remotely like it.

papilio
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by papilio. (3 edits in all)

Dec 12, 2015 18:44 |  #6282

Yes, it turns out that something (I've no idea what) was amiss, I removed and reattached the BD ... the noise is entirely gone. So all is once again blissful in 360-land.
I would however be quite curious to discover what was happening the first time. But in one way or another, just a noob's error. ;)

[Edit] The sound occurs (and only when the AD-S3 BD is mounted) whenever the 360 is at its lowest angle, with the flash head folded entirely down to the body. Tilting it up a notch eliminates the clang entirely.

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,358 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 12, 2015 18:48 |  #6283

papilio wrote in post #17816794 (external link)
Well, that was said only half in jest ... but it is a *very* loud and rather obnoxious noise, I'm asking whether it's normal partly so that, if something's wrong, I don't want to continue using it at the risk of causing some sort of damage. But surely if it is the norm it would have been widely commented on. I've not before encountered anything remotely like it.

I haven't used mine with a beauty dish, so I can't comment about that. But it isn't noisy in any other way. If you don't feel comfortable with it you should exchange it.

Paul
Body - Nikon D750

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,358 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 12, 2015 18:49 |  #6284

papilio wrote in post #17816800 (external link)
Yes, it turns out that something (I've no idea what) was amiss, I removed and reattached the BD ... the noise is entirely gone. So all is once again blissful in 360-land.

I would however be quite curious to discover what was happening the first time. But in one way or another, just a noob's error. ;)

Glad you got it sorted. :)

Paul
Body - Nikon D750

windpig
Chopped liver
14,868 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 12, 2015 18:59 |  #6285

I don't have one of these units, but all of my Elinchrom lights impart a pop when mounted to a beauty dish or the 18" maxilight. I think it's simply the modifiers amplifying the pop of the flash. What's it sound like without a modifier?

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

sponsored links

1,280,815 views & 272 likes for this thread
A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.