Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 21 Dec 2015 (Monday) 12:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is this creepy? If so, why?

teekay
Goldmember
3,037 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Dec 21, 2015 23:17 |  #16

You're entitled to be as weird as you want in the privacy of your own home, but what nobody has asked is "What does your wife think of it?" Is she happy that you show other people this private display?

sponsored links
ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 22, 2015 00:33 |  #17

teekay wrote in post #17827921 (external link)
You're entitled to be as weird as you want in the privacy of your own home, but what nobody has asked is "What does your wife think of it?" Is she happy that you show other people this private display?

So I'm guessing that's one vote for "weird." Fact is she loves it. And I can't think of any reason why she shouldn't; they're beautiful pictures. :-)

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 22, 2015 01:31 |  #18

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17827729 (external link)
I think it's sweet. It's like she's your muse and I think that's appropriate for your work area.
If you two have been together a long time, people may find it unusual that you still see her in that way (just a thought).

I think you're right about that; we're definitely not your typical 20-years-together couple. But we're okay with being "unusual." And actually a woman stopped us in the store one day and thanked us for holding hands! :-D
Thanks for your input.

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 22, 2015 01:37 |  #19

tandemhearts wrote in post #17827805 (external link)
Not creepy to me. I understanding wanting photos of your wife. The only thing that might be remotely creepy is the multiple shots of close ups that don't include all of the face. That's not a perspective most people are used to. It's intimate to be that close, so I could imagine somebody being uncomfortable with it.

That's an interesting idea; it never crossed my mind. But I did get some feedback about that:
My 3-year-old niece: "Where's her other eye?"
Her mother: "It just fell off."
Niece: "Oh, okay."
Ya gotta love little minds. :)
Thanks for your feedback.

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 22, 2015 01:38 |  #20

ready to snap wrote in post #17827829 (external link)
To be honest at first when I saw it I thought it was more odd than creepy but then after going back and looking at it and giving it some thought I see nothing at all wrong with it. This is your wife that you love and you are proud of her. It does have a certain intimate/erotic/sexual sense to it.

I'm glad you see it; it certainly does for me!
Thanks.

ready ­ to ­ snap
575 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Dec 22, 2015 07:02 |  #21

John, my wife and I have been married for 29 years and we still hold hands and also get complimented from others for how much we still seem in love after this long of marriage. We do most everything together and the sex is still fantastic. Still going at it about 4 times a week :-) .

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 22, 2015 10:10 |  #22

ready to snap wrote in post #17828154 (external link)
John, my wife and I have been married for 29 years and we still hold hands and also get complimented from others for how much we still seem in love after this long of marriage. We do most everything together and the sex is still fantastic. Still going at it about 4 times a week :-) .

TMI! TMI!
No, just kidding. Good for you.:-)

DesolateMirror
347 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Dec 22, 2015 20:10 |  #23

Creepy is subjective. I love seeing work in various states of progress but my household always had painters working and leaving things around since I was a kid. Most artists have many works of the ones they love. They are great models to practice with because they are close, there when you need them, familiar, and it gives meaning to the work.

The only "creepiness" comes from the movie trope where stalkers are often portrayed with photos of the stalked person hanging everywhere and this is probably the first thing that comes to mind for people that haven't been in a working art environment.

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 22, 2015 20:23 |  #24

DesolateMirror wrote in post #17829186 (external link)
Creepy is subjective. I love seeing work in various states of progress but my household always had painters working and leaving things around since I was a kid. Most artists have many works of the ones they love. They are great models to practice with because they are close, there when you need them, familiar, and it gives meaning to the work.

The only "creepiness" comes from the movie trope where stalkers are often portrayed with photos of the stalked person hanging everywhere and this is probably the first thing that comes to mind for people that haven't been in a working art environment.

Love this!
I'll make double sure not to start hanging them up with thumbtacks! :)

sponsored links

3,505 views & 3 likes for this thread
Is this creepy? If so, why?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.