Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
Thread started 09 Jan 2006 (Monday) 22:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your funniest "sign" pictures

DanangMonkey
586 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 15, 2015 01:18 |  #6136

Inspeqtor wrote in post #17818458 (external link)
I agree

Gracias Sancho Panza

The creative artist seems to be almost the only kind of man that you could never meet on neutral ground. He sees nothing objectively because his own ego is always in the foreground of every picture. - Raymond Chandler

sponsored links
aezoss
433 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 15, 2015 07:21 |  #6137

tom1s wrote in post #17818399 (external link)
Well I for one have a hard time understanding why that photo would be posted to the "funniest sign pictures" group.

I don't think I can provide an objective assessment so I asked my greyhound to critique the image.

Note: opinions expressed by my greyhound are hers and hers alone.

She thinks the framing could be better. She is not impressed with the depth of field and lack of creamy bokeh resulting in a distracting background. Cloning out the oxidation would add an element of freshness and youth to the sign. She also feels the spacing of the dog, plate and bottle could be improved, perhaps to conform to the rule of thirds or golden ratio. Adding a "to the right" arrow between the dog and the plate to accentuate the gravity of the dog's vacation plans would add the necessary "oomph" required to connect with today's high velocity entertainment generation.

With regard to plating and presentation of "man's best friend", her opinion is the lack of garnish detracts somewhat. A tennis ball, rawhide or squeaky toy would be an a marked improvement. She also indicated there should be more beverage options. Whereas Beagle is definitely a beer breed, Saluki should be served with white wine. Pit Bull is best accompanied by Jägermeister. Although drink selection has nothing to do with the picture itself, it makes her less likely to recommend the venue, thus generating fewer hits on Flickr/500px/1x for the photographer.

While she realizes manipulating a photograph of a sign in post is editorializing, and misrepresenting the true nature of the sign, she admits such changes could increase the marketability of the establishment, as long as a patron didn't compare the photograph to the original sign.

When asked "RAW vs jpg?", she exclaimed "I Shoot RAW! (Fro Knows Phởto, huge fan)" and so should the photographer have in this case, as long as he isn't planning on submitting the image to Reuters.

My greyhound also recommends returning to the location and reshooting the image with a Nikon or Sony body and a high quality fast prime lens in order to extract the most dynamic range from the scene, ensure superb colour rendition and provide razor thin DOF (darn dog won't get off my case about buying Canon).

When asked if this image should be posted in the funniest sign thread, she asserts it is indeed funny, because dog in costume, morbid before/after and the irony of human behaviour.

Happy Holidays and a sign to boot!

Lee (The Human) & Phoenix (The Greyhound)

9 out of 10 chickens agree this sign isn't funny. Courtesy of the Calgary International Airport Chik-fil-A.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

PhotosGuy
75,755 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Post edited over 3 years ago by PhotosGuy.

Dec 15, 2015 08:03 |  #6138

aezoss wrote in post #17819629 (external link)
I don't think I can provide an objective assessment so I asked my greyhound to critique the image.

Note: opinions expressed by my greyhound are hers and hers alone...

Funny!
For tom1s: Some people have chickens, ducks, & cows as pets. We eat them. Some people even eat people. Life goes on....   ; )

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

DanangMonkey
586 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by DanangMonkey.

Dec 15, 2015 11:10 |  #6139

She thinks the framing could be better. She is not impressed with the depth of field and lack of creamy bokeh resulting in a distracting background. Cloning out the oxidation would add an element of freshness and youth to the sign. She also feels the spacing of the dog, plate and bottle could be improved, perhaps to conform to the rule of thirds or golden ratio. Adding a "to the right" arrow between the dog and the plate to accentuate the gravity of the dog's vacation plans would add the necessary "oomph" required to connect with today's high velocity entertainment generation.

With regard to plating and presentation of "man's best friend", her opinion is the lack of garnish detracts somewhat. A tennis ball, rawhide or squeaky toy would be an a marked improvement. She also indicated there should be more beverage options. Whereas Beagle is definitely a beer breed, Saluki should be served with white wine. Pit Bull is best accompanied by Jägermeister. Although drink selection has nothing to do with the picture itself, it makes her less likely to recommend the venue, thus generating fewer hits on Flickr/500px/1x for the photographer.

While she realizes manipulating a photograph of a sign in post is editorializing, and misrepresenting the true nature of the sign, she admits such changes could increase the marketability of the establishment, as long as a patron didn't compare the photograph to the original sign.

When asked "RAW vs jpg?", she exclaimed "I Shoot RAW! (Fro Knows Phởto, huge fan)" and so should the photographer have in this case, as long as he isn't planning on submitting the image to Reuters.

My greyhound also recommends returning to the location and reshooting the image with a Nikon or Sony body and a high quality fast prime lens in order to extract the most dynamic range from the scene, ensure superb colour rendition and provide razor thin DOF (darn dog won't get off my case about buying Canon).

When asked if this image should be posted in the funniest sign thread, she asserts it is indeed funny, because dog in costume, morbid before/after and the irony of human behaviour.

9 out of 10 chickens agree this sign isn't funny. Courtesy of the Calgary International Airport Chik-fil-A.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by aezoss in
./showthread.php?p=178​19629&i=i185469936
forum: Urban Life & Travel

Hilarious !!!

:-P Thanks for lightening up this topic with some needed humor.

The creative artist seems to be almost the only kind of man that you could never meet on neutral ground. He sees nothing objectively because his own ego is always in the foreground of every picture. - Raymond Chandler

troehr
695 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 15, 2015 12:49 |  #6140

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by aezoss in
./showthread.php?p=178​19629&i=i185469936
forum: Urban Life & Travel

Nice reply.

tom1s
Goldmember
1,919 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 15, 2015 14:30 |  #6141

PhotosGuy wrote in post #17819663 (external link)
Funny!
For tom1s: Some people have chickens, ducks, & cows as pets. We eat them. Some people even eat people. Life goes on....   ; )

It does indeed. Happy holidays everyone!

- I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

PhotosGuy
75,755 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Dec 15, 2015 14:51 |  #6142

tom1s wrote in post #17820081 (external link)
Happy holidays everyone!

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1447840

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

lar55
277 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 16, 2015 20:26 |  #6143

Yes I did crop off the text at the bottom, which was unnecessary in my opinion.

In reference to the preceding posts in this thread, no, she is not going to eat the lizard.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1359.photobuck​et.com …/slowsign_zpsyt​xtzfzj.jpg (external link)

pwomble
100 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 22, 2015 18:28 |  #6144

New Orleans

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

fotoi
Goldmember
1,534 posts
Gallery: 693 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 26, 2015 12:54 |  #6145

Seen in Korcula, Croatia (August 2015).

HOSTED PHOTO

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
13,005 posts
Gallery: 1463 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Feb 2013

Dec 28, 2015 22:16 |  #6146

Cedar Key, Florida

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1550/24010069226_9fcff6948e_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/CzFT​5N  (external link) a540 (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

dropmyload
642 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined May 2011

Dec 28, 2015 22:49 |  #6147

Nairobi, taken with my cellphone.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 80D, Canon 100-400L, EF 50 II
Fuji X-T20, 18-55 2.8-4, Samyang 12/2
Vivitar 28/2.5 RE, Auto-Topcor 3.5cm/2.8, Helios 44-2, Meyer Optik Gorlitz Trioplan 100/2.8, Tele Lentar 135/2.8, Soligor 180/3.5
Yongnuo 468II, 565 EX & some 622C
My Flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

Crimzon
Cream of the Crop
5,258 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined May 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by Crimzon.

Jan 01, 2016 10:53 |  #6148

The obvious: The owners also eat here.

The sandwich board translated: (Looking for customers - No expierience required)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …903/funny_zpsjh​qdjbgw.jpg (external link)

My Flikr (external link)
My Imagekind gallery (external link)

Always feel free to provide constructive criticism to any of my pics.

SloNeZ600
722 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 23, 2016 06:15 |  #6149

broken

HOSTED PHOTO

Panasonic DMC SZ50

scriveyn
Goldmember
1,327 posts
Gallery: 459 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2011

Jan 26, 2016 10:32 |  #6150

HOSTED PHOTO

Frank, also known as jazzman
C&C welcome
Image Editing OK (for reposting in the same thread)

I Jazz

sponsored links

1,626,659 views & 1,198 likes for this thread
Post your funniest "sign" pictures
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.