Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Dec 2015 (Monday) 12:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What is up at Paul C Buff?

RandallB
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Mar 2013

Dec 27, 2015 09:32 |  #61

Rstanford wrote in post #17830198 (external link)
It sounds like there are a couple of misunderstandings, if they will ship to a business with a credit card then The address being a house doesn't matter and it's not a freight forwarding problem, freight forwarding means there carrier doesn't service that address so they have to forward the freight to a carrier who does.

If what you ordered is big then it is going to be shipped through there freight company and it will arrive on a semi with a 53ft trailer and some freight carriers will not deliver to a residence some will but charge extra.

If they will ship to that address using a money order, then that probably means that address or neighborhood has been flagged as high risk, which means there have been a lot of package theft and that could be why they want a money order so you can't charge back.

Not the issue. I ordered an umbrella. Company says address is a freight forwarding company/address. This has been explained in the 4 pages of thread.

6D w/Vello grip, 650 w/Canon grip, 85 1.8, 16-35L, 40mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8 L Macro Broncolor Siros 400S
BOWIE RIP!

sponsored links
bsmotril
Goldmember
2,516 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Dec 28, 2015 09:21 |  #62

PCB Likely sees multiple orders from your billing address in Canada being shipped to an address in the states, and their order management system identifies such instances as a freight forwarding establishment. Regardless of what you say, what you are doing pretty much fits that definition, and I don't think they will change their order system entry for that address. Use a UPS or Fedex location local to your USA ship to address instead and pick it up there.

Gear List
Galleries: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/smopho/ (external link) --- http://billsmotrilla.z​enfolio.com/ (external link)

RandallB
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Dec 28, 2015 10:48 |  #63

bsmotril wrote in post #17834945 (external link)
PCB Likely sees multiple orders from your billing address in Canada being shipped to an address in the states, and their order management system identifies such instances as a freight forwarding establishment. Regardless of what you say, what you are doing pretty much fits that definition, and I don't think they will change their order system entry for that address. Use a UPS or Fedex location local to your USA ship to address instead and pick it up there.

My MIL placed the first order. She received the initial message. She used her CC. Her billing address. They built the house and live there. They are seniors living in the adirondacks area. They do much of their shopping, especially during the holidays, online. They have never, ever had an issue. I have sent them presents on many occasions to their home using my Canadian CC. Never a problem.

Just recapping the details as things are starting to go in circles.

6D w/Vello grip, 650 w/Canon grip, 85 1.8, 16-35L, 40mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8 L Macro Broncolor Siros 400S
BOWIE RIP!

RandallB
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Dec 28, 2015 10:50 |  #64

At this point it doesnt matter as I have decided to investigate broncolor. Cant seem to get through to B3K Digital - perhaps they are still on holidays?

BOWIE RIP!

Alveric
Goldmember
4,587 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Dec 28, 2015 12:44 |  #65

RandallB wrote in post #17835016 (external link)
At this point it doesnt matter as I have decided to investigate broncolor. Cant seem to get through to B3K Digital - perhaps they are still on holidays?

They probably are. These seem to be slow days. Have you tried E-mailing them?

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,247 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Dec 28, 2015 13:45 |  #66

You could try calling... 416.628.8044 (Toronto)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

RandallB
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Dec 28, 2015 15:11 |  #67

Wilt wrote in post #17835198 (external link)
You could try calling... 416.628.8044 (Toronto)

I have called but it goes to an unnamed mailbox. I'll try again after the holidays if I dont hear back through the internets.

BOWIE RIP!

DanangMonkey
586 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by DanangMonkey. (2 edits in all)

Dec 28, 2015 15:49 |  #68

RandallB wrote in post #17835287 (external link)
I have called but it goes to an unnamed mailbox. I'll try again after the holidays if I dont hear back through the internets.

Maybe its only a ghost office for a freight forwarder ?

The creative artist seems to be almost the only kind of man that you could never meet on neutral ground. He sees nothing objectively because his own ego is always in the foreground of every picture. - Raymond Chandler

RandallB
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Dec 28, 2015 15:52 |  #69

DanangMonkey wrote in post #17835328 (external link)
Maybe its only ghost a office for a freight forwarder ?

Where's that ignore list! ;)

BOWIE RIP!

Rstanford
196 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 04, 2016 02:22 as a reply to  @ RandallB's post |  #70

No it hasn't, because it does not explain why they will do it with a wire transfer.

I'm gonna reply with the same smugness that you post with, where do you get your information on how freight companies operate from?

RandallB
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jan 04, 2016 06:27 |  #71

Rstanford wrote in post #17843694 (external link)
No it hasn't, because it does not explain why they will do it with a wire transfer.

I'm gonna reply with the same smugness that you post with, where do you get your information on how freight companies operate from?

Really think you need to go back and read this thread...

BOWIE RIP!

dog ­ rocket
931 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 05, 2016 09:47 |  #72

I've read this thread with interest. Not sure why there's starting to be personal attacks. I applaud the OP's principles here. I believe he's been nothing but courteous and polite. I see a lot of threads about retailers that seem unfounded. I don't think this is one of them. I kept wishing as I read through this that someone at PCB was following it. I myself buy (and sell) on principles, whether it be from a retailer or from one of you.

Bryan, no offense, but this place already has a heavy hand with moderation and unless you are a moderator, don't tell someone their thread is over and to move on. It's rude when you can do the same. Maybe this thread has run it's course, maybe not. For some, a happy ending is hoped for. :)

Randy...

RandallB
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jan 05, 2016 10:17 |  #73

dog rocket wrote in post #17845291 (external link)
I've read this thread with interest. Not sure why there's starting to be personal attacks. I applaud the OP's principles here. I believe he's been nothing but courteous and polite. I see a lot of threads about retailers that seem unfounded. I don't think this is one of them. I kept wishing as I read through this that someone at PCB was following it. I myself buy (and sell) on principles, whether it be from a retailer or from one of you.

Bryan, no offense, but this place already has a heavy hand with moderation and unless you are a moderator, don't tell someone their thread is over and to move on. It's rude when you can do the same. Maybe this thread has run it's course, maybe not. For some, a happy ending is hoped for. :)

Thanks. My only intention was bring up my experience and see if something had gone south at PCB recently (also hoped someone from the company may have contacted me). I have moved on and will be entering the world of Broncolor or Hensel - Thanks to Henry for the B3K Digital contact. Just got off the phone with Jim.

In any forum be it music, photography, cars etc threads follow similar paths. When they go on to long or if someone doesnt read all the details- they tend to decend into personal attacks, fanboy posts or they lose direction. The best thing is to ignore trollish behavior and lightly spank those who need it ;)

Its a happy (although more expensive!) ending for me.

:)

BOWIE RIP!

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by bps. (3 edits in all)

Jan 05, 2016 13:42 |  #74

dog rocket wrote in post #17845291 (external link)

Randy,

I think you may have misunderstood what I said a couple of weeks ago. I was not telling Randall (the OP) that his thread was over. I was agreeing with the fact that he was not treated well by the company representative and I thanked him for bringing that to our community's attention. My friendly nudge was for him to go ahead and find a different lighting solution so he could get back to focusing even more of his energy on creating images, which is certainly what he has done. And he's shared with us his solution, i.e. the company that has now earned his money. Bravo!

If this entire thread (conversation) unfolded while we were all sitting around having a couple of beers together (which I wish we could all do), I would do exactly the same thing. Face-to-face. I would be grateful to hear the story about a company that was doing something wrong (and I would keep that in mind for myself when shopping for gear), but then after awhile, I would encourage my friend to look elsewhere so he can get back to doing what he loves.

Just wanted to clarify. And to do so, below is my post from a couple of weeks ago.

Ok. Anyone want to go grab a beer?

Cheers,
Bryan

bps wrote in post #17828514 (external link)
Ok, I think we get the picture by now:

1) Paul C. Buff has the customer's address blacklisted
2) Customer has never had this problem before and called to straighten it out
3) The company did not want to make any changes and offended the customer in the way they were talked to
4) Customer has a choice: continue to try to work with the company's manager or take their business elsewhere
5) Customer has chosen to take their business elsewhere

OP, I totally understand your frustration, but if your final decision is to take your business elsewhere, then I would shake it off and start picking out different lighting gear. Expressing your dissatisfaction with a thread about this is totally justifiable and always a welcome addition so others can learn more about the various companies out there. However, continuing to exercise your frustrations over and over are not beneficial at this point.

Thanks for the thread. Now take a deep breath and turn your energy towards creating some beautiful images! (Last sentence said with a very friendly pat-on-the-back.)

Cheers,
Bryan

My Gear List

RandallB
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jan 05, 2016 13:59 |  #75

bps wrote in post #17845671 (external link)
Randy,

I think you may have misunderstood what I said a couple of weeks ago. I was not telling Randall (the OP) that his thread was over. I was agreeing with the fact that he was not treated well by the company representative and I thanked him for bringing that to our community's attention. My friendly nudge was for him to go ahead and find some a different lighting solution so he could get back to focusing even more of his energy on creating images, which is certainly what he has done. And he's shared with us his solution, i.e. the company that has now earned his money. Bravo!

If this entire thread (conversation) unfolded while we were all sitting around having a couple of beers together (which I wish we could all do), I would do exactly the same thing. Face-to-face. I would be grateful to hear the story about a company that was doing something wrong (and I would keep that in mind for myself when shopping for gear), but then after awhile, I would encourage my friend to look elsewhere so he can get back to doing what he loves.

Just wanted to clarify. And to do so, below is my post from a couple of weeks ago.

Ok. Anyone want to go grab a beer?

Cheers,
Bryan

No worries!

Just finished cleaning up my gear- I am ahead of you:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

BOWIE RIP!

sponsored links

11,605 views & 7 likes for this thread
What is up at Paul C Buff?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.