Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 03 Jan 2016 (Sunday) 00:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I need your honest opinion!!

this thread is locked
avim
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Jan 03, 2016 00:20 |  #1

Hi,

Not long ago I started to offer a new service for photographers and especially for wedding photographers,
In general it is a premium slideshow for photographers, I posted all the details here at the Classifieds: Services Offered:
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1449137
Honestly, I don't get any response even though I offered this service for free to the first 10 POTN members...
So I would really like your honest opinion on my product, Do you like it or not? is the price OK? Is it going to help photographers?
If you have any advice that would be great!

Thanks Very Much!
Avi

Avi Meshulam

sponsored links
memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by memoriesoftomorrow.

Jan 03, 2016 00:44 |  #2

Firstly windows movie maker is free and very, very easy to use. Why pay for something that is fast and do and costs nothing.

Secondly that slideshow example looks like a bad PowerPoint presentation from the 90s. Clients care more for pictures than cheesy effects.

Peter

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015
Post edited over 3 years ago by avim. (2 edits in all)

Jan 03, 2016 01:12 |  #3

Thanks for your honest opinion!
The slide show that I show in my thread was made with Adobe After Effect! honestly I think
it's very Innovative and not even close to Power Point presentations.. (Power Point from the 90s Are you serious...!? touch screen in the 90s ??)
Anyway thanks again and I would love to hear other opinions!!

Avi Meshulam

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by memoriesoftomorrow.

Jan 03, 2016 01:20 as a reply to  @ avim's post |  #4

It is awful. As for the fonts... looks like word art from the 90s. Seriously it is that bad.

Clients buy emotion and happiness. They don't care about effects you'd use in a presentation to a board to directors.

Peter

Nogo
POTN record for # of posts during "Permanent Ban"
7,846 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 03, 2016 01:29 |  #5

I went you your site and watched several videos. I would rather see a finished product than 60 second ads for your service.

If your finished product is just like the ads, I can't see many wedding photographers wanting to use your service. I would rather have some sort of interactive viewer for wedding pictures than a fast paced video.

Philip

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015
Post edited over 3 years ago by avim. (2 edits in all)

Jan 03, 2016 01:41 |  #6

Nogo wrote in post #17842252 (external link)
I went you your site and watched several videos. I would rather see a finished product than 60 second ads for your service.

If your finished product is just like the ads, I can't see many wedding photographers wanting to use your service. I would rather have some sort of interactive viewer for wedding pictures than a fast paced video.

Thanks! This product is only a teaser for a viewer to enter your website and to watch the wedding photos slideshows,
It's not going to replace the slideshows inside the website, maybe just inside your video section but it's mainly going to be placed on your Facebook fanpage and in YouTube! So the viewer will get a feeling of your style! I hope it make sense! I will add some more examples to the thread!

Thanks again for your opinion!!

Avi Meshulam

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Jan 03, 2016 01:52 |  #7

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #17842248 (external link)
It is awful. As for the fonts... looks like word art from the 90s. Seriously it is that bad.

Clients buy emotion and happiness. They don't care about effects you'd use is a presentation to a board to directors.

Obviously you are and old fashion and you can't accept new concepts, I went to your website and you have beautiful photos
but lots of them are very kitschy style... that's OK if you like it!

Avi Meshulam

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 03, 2016 02:55 as a reply to  @ avim's post |  #8

Yup... very old fashioned and not open to new concepts at all... especially my "Eyescapes" and "Ringscapes" collections ;)

Have you considered asking yourself why photographers aren't buying your services? You can't give it away for free. That is a pretty big clue that your product isn't something people are interested in.

Peter

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Jan 03, 2016 03:24 as a reply to  @ memoriesoftomorrow's post |  #9

As I wrote: very kitchy style ... especially the photo with the sunset between the couple (WoW Amazing!!)

This is product is new and only around 25 people saw it before I asked to review it in this thread, so it's only the beginning of it,

P.S. You talked about the fonts I used...When were the last time you visited your website homepage?? typical case of someone who wants to look cool but don't have a clue on how to do it!

Avi Meshulam

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 03, 2016 03:32 as a reply to  @ avim's post |  #10

Nope... I don't have a clue... that's why one of the the last slideshows I put together has racked up over 170,000 YouTube views and been featured in the press worldwide.

Peter

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Jan 03, 2016 03:35 as a reply to  @ memoriesoftomorrow's post |  #11

Great! I would really appreciate a true review and a true advice. would be great if you post the link to this video!

Avi Meshulam

agrandexpression
446 posts
Joined Apr 2015

Jan 03, 2016 08:20 |  #12

avim wrote in post #17842270 (external link)
Obviously you are and old fashion and you can't accept new concepts, I went to your website and you have beautiful photos
but lots of them are very kitschy style... that's OK if you like it!

If you're going to ask for HONEST opinion...then you'd better be able to handle the response.

Playfully insulting those who did take the time to give you a response doesn't add to your credibility. And it's certainly going to keep others from getting involved.

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015
Post edited over 3 years ago by avim. (8 edits in all)

Jan 03, 2016 08:56 |  #13

It would have been more honest from you if you had mentioned that It all started with this "Honest" Opinion from memoriesoftomorrow:" Firstly windows movie maker is free and very, very easy to use. Why pay for something that is fast and do and costs nothing. Secondly that slideshow example looks like a bad PowerPoint presentation from the 90s. Clients care more for pictures than cheesy effects.,

Anothr post of memoriesoftomorrow:"It is awful. As for the fonts... looks like word art from the 90s. Seriously it is that bad."

I really appreciate criticism but this is really not criticism it is just a way of trying to insult... and I truly don't know why he said that? For that kind of posts I could not ignored and point him about his kitschy style!

I'm not trying to insult anyone I only respond to ONE person who started this atmosphere ! You can chek it, It's the first post after my thread post!

Thanks! And I would really appreciate honest opinion!

Avi Meshulam

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,959 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 03, 2016 10:55 |  #14

avim, my honest opinion is that counterattack is not a legitimate move in a discussion.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Jan 03, 2016 11:06 |  #15

I guess you're right, My apology! I hope this thread will move on to what it was suppose to be...

Avi Meshulam

sponsored links

8,007 views & 7 likes for this thread
I need your honest opinion!!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.