Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 03 Jan 2016 (Sunday) 00:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I need your honest opinion!!

this thread is locked
DutchinCLE
Goldmember
2,021 posts
Gallery: 54 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 03, 2016 11:37 |  #16

First off, I am not a professional photographer. But from a marketing standpoint, I can tell you that ONE good video example would have a lot more impact than the 39 examples that you have posted on your site. That ONE video should show a final product, not a teaser of what the software can do, but an example of what YOU can do with the software and what you can do for the photographer.

Just my 2 cent

Bas
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Big ­ Frost
384 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 03, 2016 11:47 |  #17

DutchinCLE wrote in post #17842695 (external link)
First off, I am not a professional photographer. But from a marketing standpoint, I can tell you that ONE good video example would have a lot more impact than the 39 examples that you have posted on your site. That ONE video should show a final product, not a teaser of what the software can do, but an example of what YOU can do with the software and what you can do for the photographer.

Just my 2 cent

Exactly. As of right now, it's more like you're selling the software, not a finished product. Same with your website. Way too much going on. Simplify it.

Photos By Frost (external link)
Facebook (external link)

agrandexpression
446 posts
Joined Apr 2015

Jan 03, 2016 12:15 |  #18

avim wrote in post #17842505 (external link)
I really appreciate criticism but this is really not criticism it is just a way of trying to insult... and I truly don't know why he said that? For that kind of posts I could not ignored and point him about his kitschy style!

Peter could have been a little more tactful with his evaluation, but you asked for an honest opinion...which is precisely what he gave you.

In the midst of your counterattacks and excuse making, there was one very pertinent point he made that you seem to have completely missed

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #17842295 (external link)
Have you considered asking yourself why photographers aren't buying your services? You can't give it away for free. That is a pretty big clue that your product isn't something people are interested in.

Secondly...the post you referenced where you first offered your services is less than a week old, and sandwiched between two busy holiday timeframes. I'm no marketing expert, but I'd think it's pretty unreasonable to expect people to be flocking to your product during such a busy timeframe unless it was an out-of-this-world resource.

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Jan 03, 2016 13:11 |  #19

DutchinCLE wrote in post #17842695 (external link)

Just my 2 cent

Thanks! from what you wrote I understand that you were thinking that I'm selling a software, but infect I'm selling a customized video!
So that's very important and I would change the description on my page! Thank's very much!!

Avi Meshulam

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Jan 03, 2016 13:15 |  #20

Big Frost wrote in post #17842707 (external link)
Exactly. As of right now, it's more like you're selling the software, not a finished product. Same with your website. Way too much going on. Simplify it.

OK! Great, I will make changes so it will be more clarified that I'm selling customized slideshow video!
What do you think about the slideshows? Thanks very much!!

Avi Meshulam

DutchinCLE
Goldmember
2,021 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 03, 2016 13:18 as a reply to  @ avim's post |  #21

No, I understand you are selling videos but your website shows videos that look like you are selling software. I suggest you create ONE professional video that you show. The videos you posted are not professional quality...

Bas
Flickr (external link)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,994 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 03, 2016 13:53 |  #22

avim wrote in post #17842841 (external link)
OK, Thanks.I appreciate your opinion , I will make changes to my website but from my point of view I cannot show only one video as I'm selling deferent slideshow videos!

Huh? You're not selling the sample videos. No couple wants to buy video montages of other people's weddings. Customers want pictures of their wedding.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

avim
THREAD ­ STARTER
72 posts
Joined Nov 2015
Post edited over 3 years ago by avim. (2 edits in all)

Jan 03, 2016 14:02 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #23

You completely didn't understand it (I will change the text on my website), I'm selling customized slideshow for photographers not for couples!
So the photographer will show an example of his work on this video with his own photos! and he will post it on his Faebook fanpage or in is youtube channel with a link directed to his website. Now days you can add a call To Action button at the end of the video in facebook with a link to your website! same you can do with Youtube annotations.

Avi Meshulam

Trvlr323
Goldmember
3,290 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by Trvlr323.

Jan 03, 2016 15:39 |  #24

Avi, my honest opinion is that something seems a little 'off' here. The whole thing is coming off a little like a late night infomercial. Your marketing and video have the appearance of a template which is designed to be steered toward a variety of pursuits with a little tweaking. It feels amateur, insincere and leads me to question both how well you know your audience and your expertise. My overall impression is that your company is not offering boutique, personalized service; you're just out looking for signups. If I were looking for this type of service it isn't very likely that I would choose you as my provider. I think you should consider an overhaul from the ground up. All of this said you've asked us for our honesty so I'll ask you for some in return. What is your level of training both in business and photography?

Sometimes not taking a photograph can be as problematic as taking one. - Alex Webb

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by memoriesoftomorrow. (2 edits in all)

Jan 03, 2016 20:44 |  #25

Don't ask for honest if you don't want it.

Aside from other comments I made. The target market for the video content is the consumer i.e. potential couples. And you really really don't seem to have any idea as to how to make a product that appeals to them. You also don't seen to be able to clearly communicate the service you are selling to photographers nor market that well either.

Just because you spent time creating something doesn't automatically give it value when it comes to making sales. Seems very much like you just had an idea and did no market research beforehand about how to market to couples or photographers.

The very fact you have created this post and the initial tone of it confirms that.

Peter

Big ­ Frost
384 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 04, 2016 08:13 |  #26

I didn't see one real slide show. I saw every single different option the software has, sampled on your website. Honestly, it's quite obvious you took the templates from the software you have, and put them up as "samples." What we're all trying to express is take all those samples off your website. Make the BEST slideshow you can using the software you have, and market THAT as what YOU can do for us photographers.

Not to sound rude, but to be 100% honest, no one here cares what the software can do, because we can all buy the software and input our images into the software's templates. We'd need to see a 100% finished and polished product from you that makes us realize why we'd pay you to do it.

Photos By Frost (external link)
Facebook (external link)

qdrummer21
121 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 04, 2016 13:03 |  #27

From what I can tell, I believe that avim's product/service is being targeted as a customizable multimedia based portfolio for studios to use on sites for marketing purposes.

The problems I see with this are as follows:

1. There's a large amount of confusion on what the product/service is amongst those who would be paying for it. If your customer base can't discern what your product is quickly and easily, then you need to do a major rework on your messaging.

2a. Most web utilities that studios use to manage their websites offer this capability already, what sets your's apart? From my view all your offering is your time versus mine for who puts the presentation together. While saving my time has value, it's worthless if I'm loosing quality and from what I'm seeing the quality just isn't there on multiple levels.

2b. If you look at most photographers portfolios, they don't use a presentation method. That's because it takes away control from prospective clients who are viewing the portfolio. They want to be able to linger on the images they are interested in while skipping the ones they are not. They can't do this in a presentation.

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,994 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 04, 2016 14:19 |  #28

Avi, I studied advertising (informally) as part of a job I once had. An old and important principle in advertising is "Sell the sizzle, not the steak." This means that when you offer a product or service to the public, describing the thing is not enough. You have to make people understand what your stuff will do for them. Another catchphrase with the same meaning is "Benefits, not features." Features are aspects of the product: it weighs so many kilos, it uses these batteries, it comes in six colors. Benefits are benefits to the customer: it saves you time, it gets your dishes cleaner without scrubbing, you can learn to use it in ten minutes.

What you've shown here is a sample of the product but not what it promises to do for customers. There's too much of "Look at this thing I made" and too little of "This thing can help you to _____ ."

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Nukehed
550 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 04, 2016 14:36 |  #29

I believe what others are trying to say is...posting one video showcasing some of what the product can do is better than showing many clips of the different styles available through the software. Make one video and use that to drive interest and sales. Don't merely show what the software is capable of, show how the software can benefit your audience (photographers).

I'm an instructor at a nuclear power plant. One of the techniques the teach all instructors is the WIIFM principle. What's in it for me? If I can relate what I'm teaching directly to the students job, or a way to do their job better, or clarify an aspect of their job, their interest level rises dramatically. As I said above, show how it can HELP your audience.

Your "How it Works" page has a couple of grammatical errors and a spelling error.

Unless "Wanna see more?" is a tag line for your company; I'd revise it to be more grammatically correct. It's on "Video Creations Softwares" page. Also software, not softwares.

"There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."- Ed Howdershelt
GEAR LIST
My website (external link)

DutchinCLE
Goldmember
2,021 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 04, 2016 15:14 as a reply to  @ post 17844373 |  #30

This will be me last reply in this thread. What you need to do is create an ACTUAL video as you would sell it. So things like "sample text here" shouldn't be in the video. Make a video that shows the final product, not samples of what the software can do.

From a photographers standpoint it is like you are showing what great features camera ABC has, but not showing what pictures YOU took with it.

Good luck with your efforts

Bas
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

8,014 views & 7 likes for this thread
I need your honest opinion!!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.