Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 03 Jan 2016 (Sunday) 18:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Buying from Camera Canada and shipped to US

Mildot
165 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jan 03, 2016 18:55 |  #1

I was looking at a lens that Camera Canada had a good price on and wondered if there are any warranty issues or extra costs involved getting it shipped to an address in the US?

Thanks

sponsored links
werds
"Yes, Sire. You'll shut your trap!"
613 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Jan 03, 2016 19:02 |  #2

If they ship to you via UPS or Fedex you may have to pay a brokerage clearance fee. If you have them ship via Canadian Post there are usually no extra fees involved. I purchased my Nikon D750 from Ontario and there were no added fees when it was shipped via Canadian Post.

Warranty concerns: For my Nikon I had to register it with the Canadian Nikon and for warranty will need to send it to them and not their US counterpart. Not 100% sure how Canon handles it though...although certain it may be similar.

Gear: Nikon D750, Nikon D7200, Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS, Sigma 50-150 2.8 OS HSM EX , Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR1, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD, Tamron 16-300mm VC PZD, Tamron 150-600 VC, Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8, Nikon SB-900
POTN Seller Feedback (and other)

Archibald
You must be quackers!
10,355 posts
Gallery: 479 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by Archibald.

Jan 03, 2016 19:11 |  #3

Canon warranties are North America-wide, which I think means US and Canada, not North American countries like Mexico.

Sony RX10 IV, Canon 7D2, Canon 90D, assorted Canon lenses
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK
Donate to POTN here

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 03, 2016 21:07 |  #4

Archibald wrote in post #17843230 (external link)
Canon warranties are North America-wide, which I think means US and Canada, not North American countries like Mexico.

This is correct. Most Canon Canada items come with a Canon USA + Canada warranty card, indicating eligibility for warranty service in both countries.

The one known exception at this time is the EOS-1D X, which only comes with a 1-year Canon Canada warranty.

There are no taxes, duties, or brokerage fees charged when the seller uses USPS (not UPS or FedEx) to ship.

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by bps. (3 edits in all)

Jan 03, 2016 21:08 |  #5

Edit: looks like CPW posted at the exact same time as me!

My original post:
Great info has been given so far. I've purchased two items from Camera Canada: a 500L II, and in a separate transaction the 7D Mark II. I can confirm with certainty that you should ensure they ship through the Canadian Postal System (which will then be handed off to the USPS) to avoid any potential fees. And yes, it comes with a regular valid Canon USA warranty.

Camera Canada was outstanding to work with on both of my transactions, which was facilitated by CanonPriceWatch (which is equally outstanding as well).

Buy with confidence and enjoy the tremendous savings from the current exchange rates/prices!

Bryan

My Gear List

Luxx
478 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 05, 2016 17:45 |  #6

Looking at canon Canada they have the 85 1.8 for 400 which is 287 U.S. Dollars which is less than I see it selling for used. Am I missing something?

Alveric
Goldmember
4,598 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 05, 2016 17:55 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

No, that lens is on sale till January 7th.

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

Mildot
THREAD ­ STARTER
165 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jan 07, 2016 17:30 |  #8

I received my lens today from Camera Canada, extremely happy with both service and product. I give them an A+

LastX
33 posts
Joined Jul 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by LastX.

Jan 07, 2016 23:25 |  #9

I have bought from Canada Camera twice, received excellent service and the Canon warranty is valid in both Canada and USA.

My items came through the USPS.

Cinch
23 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 11, 2016 23:51 |  #10

I can not speak to shipping to the US (I live in Canada) but I have purchased from Camera Canada and have been satisfied with their service, shipping and pricing.

Lyndön
Goldmember
2,257 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 16, 2016 19:01 |  #11

I've bought a couple of things from them and have never had any extra shipping costs or fees when shipping to the US via CanadaPost/USPS. The warranty cards I received were US/Canada warranty cards, so no problems there at all.

GEAR LIST

JimLittle
Goldmember
3,279 posts
Gallery: 99 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Jan 21, 2016 08:40 |  #12

I bought my 600mm II from them and worried quite a bit (needlessly) the whole time from when I ordered it until I received it.....outstanding service from a great company!!

sponsored links

2,973 views & 2 likes for this thread
Buying from Camera Canada and shipped to US
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.