Went out for my first, real attempt at finding these guys out in the field today; and they were solidly present. Struggled with light and position most of the day, but a few came out well and I know where they like to hang out now!
2. "NOW what do I do with it?!"IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/C5yRHf Short-eared Owl-1098 by Eric, on Flickr
3. "Huh?"IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/CUMPyP Short-eared Owl IF-1066 by Eric, on Flickr
4.IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/CZLDSm Short-eared Owl IF-1036 by Eric, on Flickr
5. "HEY!!!"IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/CtzpB2 Short-eared Owl-1378 by Eric, on Flickr
6. "Urp!"IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/CZLEd1 Short-eared Owl-1416 by Eric, on Flickr
7. Dogfight w/ a Northern Harrier...wish this one were a little close and focus was better, but...heck of a frame for the day anyway.IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/C5G2FX Dogfight-1241 by Eric, on Flickr
Overall, it was a fun day out in the sun and I met a ton of friendly faces out in the weeds and the swamp! Thanks for looking in.