Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 09 Feb 2016 (Tuesday) 11:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Do not use Overnight Prints! Awful service!

grazamataz
398 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 09, 2016 11:11 |  #1

So last week I placed an order for business cards with Overnight Prints. I needed them delivered by Monday (yesterday), and paid the premium charge for that expedited delivery. Come yesterday morning, I checked the status and it was still listed as "In Production." This was disturbing, as I had received no notification from them that the shipment was delayed.

I connected with their online service chat, and the rep did not apologize, but rather fed me a canned line about how their delivery dates are estimates and not guarantees. He said the exact same thing twice, clearly just copy-pasting in the response. I didn't like this, so I called the phone number and spoke with a representative who actually acted like he cared, and said he would check with the production facility and get back with me. I did not receive a call-back.

After all this, I posted my experience on the company Facebook page and advised others to stay away. As of this morning, my post had been deleted and I was blocked from posting further.

This company is extremely unprofessional and will apparently scam you into paying a premium for expedited delivery, only to miss the deadline and skirt any kind of refund by stating that their dates are only estimates.

I highly recommend avoiding Overnight Prints for any of your printing needs.

Canon 5D Mark IV || Canon 7D Mark II || Canon 135 f/2L || Canon 85 f/1.8 || Sigma 50 f/1.4 ART || Canon 16-35 f/4L || Sigma 150-600 C
Chris Greig Photography (external link)

sponsored links
Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 10, 2016 07:34 |  #2

Tweet it. Facebook it. Youtube it. If you want to spread the word, you will have to go beyond POTN.

Website (external link) |

grazamataz
THREAD ­ STARTER
398 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 10, 2016 09:54 |  #3

Oh I did, don't worry. FB and Yelp have been covered. I should have checked Yelp before I even ordered, as they already had a 1.5 rating for the same reasons I experienced. Oh well, lesson learned.

Canon 5D Mark IV || Canon 7D Mark II || Canon 135 f/2L || Canon 85 f/1.8 || Sigma 50 f/1.4 ART || Canon 16-35 f/4L || Sigma 150-600 C

jecottrell
324 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Feb 10, 2016 10:20 |  #4

Always remember: You get what you pay for.

I tried their selective UV option to see what it looked like. Crap quality is what it looked like.

I stick with Moo and don't mind the cost a bit.

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 10, 2016 10:23 |  #5

If you used your credit card, dispute the charge. It's not something I normally recommend, but if "Overnight" is IN THEIR NAME, you'd think they could do an overnight turnaround - especially if you paid extra for expedited production.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

grazamataz
THREAD ­ STARTER
398 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 10, 2016 12:08 |  #6

jecottrell wrote in post #17893036 (external link)
Always remember: You get what you pay for.

I tried their selective UV option to see what it looked like. Crap quality is what it looked like.

I stick with Moo and don't mind the cost a bit.

Moo--I will remember that and check them out next time, thank you.

nathancarter wrote in post #17893040 (external link)
If you used your credit card, dispute the charge. It's not something I normally recommend, but if "Overnight" is IN THEIR NAME, you'd think they could do an overnight turnaround - especially if you paid extra for expedited production.

You are quite correct. Pretty ridiculous when you think about it. I have considered disputing the charge, I'm waiting to see what the cards looks like when they arrive. If they're in good shape I'll just leave it be but if they are bad I will definitely dispute.

Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 11, 2016 06:10 |  #7

So how does Vistaprints compare? Not considering delivery time, but solely focusing on quality (business cards).

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 11, 2016 08:16 |  #8

Vistaprint's cheap cards feel cheap. Not to say that they're terrible - they're functional and inexpensive, and if you need to hand out a zillion cards just to get your contact info out there, then you want cheap. They're not going to make a "wow" impression on anyone with discerning tastes, but they sure will have your contact info and logo on them.

Vistaprint's higher-end cards are better - but once you get into that price range, you could probably do better.

I like Moo's entry-level cards. Even with their base cards, their "Printfinity" service lets you put a different image on the back of every card, which is great for having a whole portfolio in your pocket.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

grazamataz
THREAD ­ STARTER
398 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 11, 2016 09:21 |  #9

Just checked out Moo...looks like good stuff. I will go with them next time for sure.

I received Overnight Prints' cards last night and they're definitely cheap. Not to mention, the beginning of the run of cards was cropped and cut correctly, but by the bottom of the stack the cut had shifted and the text was starting to get cut off the edge. Not good.

Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 11, 2016 10:07 |  #10

grazamataz wrote in post #17894261 (external link)
but by the bottom of the stack the cut had shifted and the text was starting to get cut off the edge. Not good.

Then open a ticket to reject them and send them back. Demand they be done again. When sloppy work costs companies money - be it overnight prints, amazon or walmart - they correct their work and stop producing slop. Every person who accepts sloppy work promotes continued aberrant behavior, every person who rejects it corrects it.

grazamataz
THREAD ­ STARTER
398 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 11, 2016 10:58 |  #11

I considered that but based on the rest of the reviews on their Yelp page, I think don't think it would be worth it or would even accomplish anything.

https://www.yelp.com …isville?sort_by​=date_desc (external link)

Had I placed an order for $100 or more, I probably would, but for 50 business cards I don't think so. I'm not accepting their sloppy work but I am just using other venues to express that. I have posted on Facebook, Yelp, and will post a review on the BBB as well.

sponsored links

2,351 views & 1 like for this thread
Do not use Overnight Prints! Awful service!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.