Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 11 Feb 2016 (Thursday) 23:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

$1749 - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II via CWP

Kiwimochi
389 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 11, 2016 23:16 |  #1

Get it while it still hot. Lowest price to date.

http://www.canonpricew​atch.com …II-price.html?streetprice (external link)

sponsored links
absplastic
Goldmember
1,643 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 12, 2016 00:20 |  #2

I love CPW for their notifications and price tracking, but any time I've ever inquired about these too-good-to-be-true "street price" listing they have, they told me the seller was Canadian but would not disclose the name of the business. The low prices are probably capitalizing on the strength of the US dollar over the Canadian dollar. Still, I like to know who I'm buying from and all their policies, so I've never purchased through CPW and won't unless they become more transparent about their sources. My experience buying things from Canada is that sometimes the price is great, and the items are legitimate, but then a couple of weeks later I get an import duty bill from the shipper, which has been as much as 30% of the item cost, cancelling out the expected savings. Buyer beware.

5DSR, 6D, 16-35/4L IS, 85L II, 100L macro, Sigma 150-600C
SL1, 10-18 STM, 18-55 STM, 40 STM, 50 STM
My (mostly) Fashion and Portraiture Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link) (NSFW)

Russ61
265 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 12, 2016 01:50 |  #3

Kiwimochi wrote in post #17895128 (external link)
Get it while it still hot. Lowest price to date.

http://www.canonpricew​atch.com …II-price.html?streetprice (external link)

It's NOT the lowest. See the $1699 offered via CPW on Jan 23-24. http://www.canonpricew​atch.com …100-400-ii-1699-and-more/ (external link)

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by PhotoPrice. (4 edits in all)

Feb 12, 2016 06:55 |  #4

absplastic wrote in post #17895151 (external link)
I love CPW for their notifications and price tracking, but any time I've ever inquired about these too-good-to-be-true "street price" listing they have, they told me the seller was Canadian but would not disclose the name of the business. The low prices are probably capitalizing on the strength of the US dollar over the Canadian dollar. Still, I like to know who I'm buying from and all their policies, so I've never purchased through CPW and won't unless they become more transparent about their sources. My experience buying things from Canada is that sometimes the price is great, and the items are legitimate, but then a couple of weeks later I get an import duty bill from the shipper, which has been as much as 30% of the item cost, cancelling out the expected savings. Buyer beware.

We tell you the name of the dealer after you provide your contact info (name, phone, and address) -- this is a requirement from the dealers so they stay compliant with Canon's MAP, and also it makes sure you're serious about proceeding (and not just fishing for info.) You then have the opportunity to check out the dealer and their policies before paying. If you're unhappy, you can cancel your order at any time, although very few do. This is a testament to the quality of our dealers. (This is in contrast to another competitive service which takes your payment prior to telling you who the dealer is.)

Yes, recently many of our best deals have been from Canadian dealers due to currency. As Canadian lenses and bodies (with the exception of the EOS-1D X) come with 1-year Canon USA and Canada warranty cards, it's just like buying from the USA. We screen our dealers to ensure they ship to the USA using methods that do NOT incur brokerage fees or import fees, and mandate a maximum shipping time of one week (tracked and insured.) We've done thousands (maybe tens of thousands now?) of orders, and never has anyone been charged brokerage fees or import fees.

If you're not comfortable with the Canadian option, for many items a US dealer option is offered at about $50 more. The US option typically has the 13-month Canon USA accidental damage warranty, as an extra benefit.

absplastic
Goldmember
1,643 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 12, 2016 10:45 |  #5

PhotoPrice wrote in post #17895294 (external link)
Yes, recently many of our best deals have been from Canadian dealers due to currency. As Canadian lenses and bodies (with the exception of the EOS-1D X) come with 1-year Canon USA and Canada warranty cards, it's just like buying from the USA. We screen our dealers to ensure they ship to the USA using methods that do NOT incur brokerage fees or import fees, and mandate a maximum shipping time of one week (tracked and insured.) We've done thousands (maybe tens of thousands now?) of orders, and never has anyone been charged brokerage fees or import fees.

Thank you for the clarification. It's good to know that you screen for the import duties issue.

5DSR, 6D, 16-35/4L IS, 85L II, 100L macro, Sigma 150-600C
SL1, 10-18 STM, 18-55 STM, 40 STM, 50 STM
My (mostly) Fashion and Portraiture Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link) (NSFW)

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Feb 12, 2016 23:07 |  #6

Wish I hadn't spent my lens budget for the timing being, or I'd totally pick one of these beasts up at this price....

sponsored links

1,931 views & 2 likes for this thread
$1749 - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II via CWP
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.