Adoramapix is holding a contest that is in my opinion, a rights grab.
And it also seems somewhat apparent they are trying their best to conceal this fact.
I received an email announcing the contest Best Friends Forever - Instagram Contest
- There is a clickable link in the email to enter the contest
- There is no clickable link in the email to read the contest rules
- There is a line of very small print in the email advising that Adoramapix's contest rules apply
- Clicking that link does not reveal the rules, it goes to the same link to enter the contest
- When you go to Adoramapix's main web page to read the rules, there is no link to contests
- To find contest rules, you must click to read their blog.
- Once in their blog, you must find the post about the contest
- Once in that post, there is this rule:
"By entering photography contests, photographer hereby grants Adoramapix (sponsor) (1) a nonexclusive, unconditional, unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable ,royalty-free license to reproduce, reformat, adapt, creative derivative works, distribute, transmit, display, make available and perform the photographs photographer submits to Adoramapix (sponsor) in and/or through any and all medium or media, now known or hereinafter developed or discovered, and "
In other words, they can do anything with your picture they want to at any time. And to add insult to injury, they even cover future uses in media that does not exist now!
It is my personal opinion that all contests that are rights grabs are disgusting. It is especially disgusting when it appears they make it as hard as possible to discover the rules which, in my opinion, Adoramapix has done here.