Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Lens Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 02 Sep 2015 (Wednesday) 13:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Tamron SP 35mm f/1.8 and 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Launched

Hermelin
Goldmember
1,127 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Sep 02, 2015 13:12 |  #1

Tamron has announced two fast premium fixed focal length lenses featuring new external lens appearance and branding.

The SP 35mm and 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD lenses are both compatible with full frame DSLR and APS-C format cameras. The SP 35mm has best-in-class MOD (Minimum Object Distance) close-focusing capability, measuring just 0.2m (7,9"), yielding a magnification ratio of 1:2.5, the shortest close-focusing capacity among fast-aperture fixed focal lenses in full-frame format.

Tamron say both lenses produce a spectacular bokeh effect, thanks to circular aperture blades, expanding the scope of photo opportunities.

The SP 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD is a standard wide-angle lens that provides an equivalent focal length of 54mm on APS-C cameras.

The 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD is the first high-speed fixed focal standard lens in full-frame format with VC (Vibration Compensation), and offers a unique perspective with significantly shorter minimum focusing distance.

https://www.ephotozine​.com …di-vc-usd-launched--28054 (external link)

Fujifilm X100F

sponsored links
Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,896 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Sep 02, 2015 16:25 |  #2

I am liking the look of the 35. it looks samller than the sigma and canon and it will be interesting to see reviews of the lens when it comes out.

the 35mm is on the starting to make it's way on to the shopping list.

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

griesmonkey
230 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 29, 2016 07:18 |  #3

I'm surprised no one else on this forum has put any reviews out yet. I haven't seen it mentioned. Is this just an oversight? I'm really interested in grabbing this lens soon for my 70D.

Canon 7D Mark II - Sigma 50-150 OS - Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 - Canon 10-18mm

tdlavigne
364 posts
Joined Mar 2015

Feb 16, 2016 01:14 as a reply to  @ griesmonkey's post |  #4

I've been planning on doing a review for a while now, had the lens since November and had a couple opportunities to shoot with it. Want to get one or two more location shoots (so far 90% has been in studio) so I can do a fairly comprehensive review. Hoping to do so in the next couple weeks. If so I'll post a link here. In the meantime, I can say that if you get a good copy (some people say so-so things about it, my experience is that it's the sharpest lens I've ever owned or used) you'll be please for sure.

werds
"Yes, Sire. You'll shut your trap!"
613 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Feb 19, 2016 12:41 |  #5

I sooo wanted the Tamron 35 1.8 but every review says it is slow to focus and even saw one video review showing this... and it seemed to be a noticeable amount. For me since I photograph mostly moving subjects, slow to focus is not a good thing.

:(

Gear: Nikon D750, Nikon D7200, Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS, Sigma 50-150 2.8 OS HSM EX , Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR1, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD, Tamron 16-300mm VC PZD, Tamron 150-600 VC, Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8, Nikon SB-900
POTN Seller Feedback (and other)

smythie
I wasn't even trying
3,712 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 26, 2016 20:39 |  #6

In Aus the Nikkor 35/1.8G appears to be cheaper and I would argue would only give up VS/VR in a straight comparison

Gear List

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,650 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Feb 26, 2016 21:08 |  #7

Male it smaller, lighter, faster, ditch the VC and price it at $300 or less. Then I'll be interested.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

sponsored links

3,492 views & 1 like for this thread
Tamron SP 35mm f/1.8 and 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Launched
FORUMS News & Rumors Lens Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.