Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale 
Thread started 16 Feb 2016 (Tuesday) 00:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma 20mm F/1.8 - $220 shipped

Summary of marketplace feedback given to leroy_sunset
First feedback: never, latest feedback: never.
leroy_sunset has not given any feedback to others.
Overall Ratingn/a
not rated
Communicationn/a
not rated
Deliveryn/a
not rated
Paymentn/a
not rated
ForumAllSellBuy
Classifieds: Want to Buy0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: For Sale0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: Services Offered0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: Services Needed0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Sell: leroy_sunset was selling. Buy: leroy_sunset was buying. Overall rating average of each role/forum shown in parenthesis.

This new marketplace feedback system started in early 2018. Older feedback for this member may be available in the legacy feedback thread, click here to autosearch them. To search for all threads by leroy_sunset in marketplace forums, click here.

FEEDBACK FORM DISABLED. 30 posts AND 30 days of membership is required for giving marketplace feedback.

leroy_sunset
679 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 16, 2016 00:42 |  #1

Lens Model: Sigma 20mm 1.8 EX DG Aspherical in a Canon mount
Price: $220 shipped
Lens Body Condition: 7.5/10
Lens Glass Condition: 6/10
Sale Includes: lens, Sigma front cap, Tamron rear cap. No box, papers, etc.
Payments Accepted: Paypal
Possible Trades: none
Shipping Method: USPS Priority Shipping with insurance
Available To: USA and Canada if you cover extra costs
Item location: Olympia WA
Best Contact Method: email, leroy.sunset@gmail.com
Feedback: none on the new boards, haven't sold anything in a long time. Plenty on ebay as yardsale6
Reason for selling: simply do not use it

For sale is a Canon mount Sigma 20 mm 1.8 EX DG Aspherical with hood, lens cap, Tamron rear cap. No box, papers, etc. as I got it used in a package deal a few years back. Looking to find a new home for a lens that sits in the bag too much.

Truth be told, this lens was not babied by its former owners. There are small scratches on the front element which in no way affect IQ. The internal elements are clean, but there is 'grit' under the manual focus ring that you can feel and hear when you turn it. Nothing terrible, just a heads up. Some surface wear on the body and a scratch on the distance scale window, nothing big though.

The biggest issue - a spot on the rear element. It looks like a water spot, but it doesn't come off. I can't easily capture it in pics, but it's there. Likely, someone used a non-kosher cleaning agent on it and marred the rear lens coating. I haven't seen it affect blue sky pics, and I can't see any negative impact on sharpness, but I just wanted full disclosure.

This would make an excellent video lens. In my opinion, it's not super sharp, but I use my 17-40mm a lot so it's hard for me to compare.

$220 shipped in the US, please don't bother lowballing. This lens is consistently $300 or more used. Verified paypal is the preferred payment method. Will ship USPS priority with insurance. Email leroy.sunset@gmail.com for more info.

IMAGE: http://i.imgur.com/tdQXDV8h.jpg

IMAGE: http://i.imgur.com/eW6OzcDh.jpg

IMAGE: http://i.imgur.com/kDj5nTQh.jpg

Canon's Jurassic Park - 1Ds, 1D bodies
My traveling buddy: the trusty S95
Newest addition: T2i
Glass - 50mm 1.4, 40mm 2.8 STM, "the dirty 85" 1.8, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 430exII, 270ex, and more... including my favorite Lens: the 17-40mm!

leroy_sunset
THREAD ­ STARTER
679 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 22, 2016 01:35 |  #2

$200 shipped. A good lens at a great price.

Glass - 50mm 1.4, 40mm 2.8 STM, "the dirty 85" 1.8, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 430exII, 270ex, and more... including my favorite Lens: the 17-40mm!

leroy_sunset
THREAD ­ STARTER
679 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 03, 2016 00:21 |  #3

Still around. $160 shipped.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
REPLYING DENIED:
30 posts AND 30 days of membership is required
1,204 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma 20mm F/1.8 - $220 shipped
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.