Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 15 Dec 2011 (Thursday) 09:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Elinchrom Maxilite (aka Fireball) Sample Images Thread

DavidEdwards
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Dec 10, 2015 14:53 as a reply to  @ post 17811354 |  #586

Great images... as a matter of interest are you using off grid power with your D-Lite heads if so what make of inverter are you using?

sponsored links
nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 10, 2015 15:44 |  #587

DavidEdwards wrote in post #17814207 (external link)
Great images... as a matter of interest are you using off grid power with your D-Lite heads if so what make of inverter are you using?

Not yet. So far I just use long outdoor extension cords. I want to get a battery pack of some sort.

The official Elinchrom ones are expensive, prohibitively so for me.
There's another brand - Innovatronix - that looks promising, but there don't seem to be any distributors in the U.S.

I've read conflicting reports as to whether the Vagabond series would be compatible. These D-lite heads are low enough wattage that a Vagabond Mini would likely be plenty of power - but apparently you can't reliably plug in two D-Lite heads to one Vagabond battery.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

DavidEdwards
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Nov 2015

Dec 10, 2015 15:56 as a reply to  @ nathancarter's post |  #588

I have been looking at the Quadra... preloved comes in £679 which is $1150USD... however, there is the GODOX with 3 outlets that would do my 3 D-Lite heads (they are the ONEs) http://lovegroveshop.c​om …-pure-sine-wave-inverter/ (external link) and the Godox is less than the price of the preloved Quadra BUT weighs 14lb!!! Ouchie!

It's just the merits of the Quadra Action head that pulls me in...

geo35
518 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 01, 2016 08:46 |  #589

abbadon31 wrote in post #13622651 (external link)
Behind the scenes and shot

QUOTED IMAGE

Thanks for posting these. I was wondering how you got the amazing looks you do!

Hijazi
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Mar 08, 2016 19:06 |  #590

Hello everyone, I am new here but I've been following this thread for a long time, it's one of my favorite :)

I just got the Maxilite to use it with my RL600 (Bowens mount). I ordered this adaptor to attach the strobe to the Maxi:

http://www.amazon.com …oh_aui_detailpa​ge_o00_s00 (external link)

I haven't received the adaptor yet since it's coming from China, however, I already regret ordering it. Apparently, excitement got the best of me since I hadn't thought about the effect the recessed strobe will have on the light pattern. Does anyone have an idea what are the potential issues? How about other possible mods with the RL600?

Thanks,
Hussain

DisrupTer911
Goldmember
2,452 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 08, 2016 19:50 |  #591

Hijazi wrote in post #17928633 (external link)
Hello everyone, I am new here but I've been following this thread for a long time, it's one of my favorite :)

I just got the Maxilite to use it with my RL600 (Bowens mount). I ordered this adaptor to attach the strobe to the Maxi:

I haven't received the adaptor yet since it's coming from China, however, I already regret ordering it. Apparently, excitement got the best of me since I hadn't thought about the effect the recessed strobe will have on the light pattern. Does anyone have an idea what are the potential issues? How about other possible mods with the RL600?

Thanks,
Hussain

I use it with my 600 and a 360 on a bowens S-Bracket for a beauty dish w/ an elinchrom ring.
I honestly can't tell the difference when I use it for outdoor on location work.

I don't think it really makes a difference, w/ the CL360 I just push the head/bulb in further on the S-bracket to get the bulb into the beauty dish.
W/ the CL600, I can't honesty tell a difference between a bowens mount and using the adapter in type of light coming out.

www.vividemotionphotograph​y.comexternal link

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Jun 2013

Mar 09, 2016 02:44 as a reply to  @ Hijazi's post |  #592

I bought this adapter and it doesn't attach the maxilite properly. Hopefully yours will work fine though.

JM - facebook (external link) - website (external link) - gear list

Hijazi
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Mar 09, 2016 10:05 |  #593

RedCatPhoto wrote in post #17928965 (external link)
I bought this adapter and it doesn't attach the maxilite properly. Hopefully yours will work fine though.

Oh no... What was the problem?

Hijazi
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Mar 09, 2016 10:07 |  #594

DisrupTer911 wrote in post #17928672 (external link)
I use it with my 600 and a 360 on a bowens S-Bracket for a beauty dish w/ an elinchrom ring.
I honestly can't tell the difference when I use it for outdoor on location work.

I don't think it really makes a difference, w/ the CL360 I just push the head/bulb in further on the S-bracket to get the bulb into the beauty dish.
W/ the CL600, I can't honesty tell a difference between a bowens mount and using the adapter in type of light coming out.

Much appreciated. I hope that would be the case.

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,918 posts
Gallery: 260 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by abbadon31.

Mar 09, 2016 10:22 |  #595

Hijazi wrote in post #17928633 (external link)

Thanks,
Hussain

I find the adapter to work just fine you will loose a little bit of light do to it being recessed in the adapter

I AM SHOM

Hijazi
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Mar 09, 2016 22:59 |  #596

abbadon31 wrote in post #17929236 (external link)
I find the adapter to work just fine you will loose a little bit of light do to it being recessed in the adapter

Well that's reassuring. I really love your work, and it's one of the reasons I got the Maxi. Thanks again.

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Mar 10, 2016 01:37 as a reply to  @ Hijazi's post |  #597

The adapter didn't quite fit the mount of the maxilite and the maxilite seemed too heavy for the adapter to handle its weight.

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,918 posts
Gallery: 260 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by abbadon31.

Mar 10, 2016 03:59 |  #598

RedCatPhoto wrote in post #17930161 (external link)
The adapter didn't quite fit the mount of the maxilite and the maxilite seemed too heavy for the adapter to handle its weight.

Sorry for the poor quality video, but you can see it handles just fine and I have even put larger modifiers on it as well.

I AM SHOM

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Mar 10, 2016 05:14 as a reply to  @ abbadon31's post |  #599

I guess I got a poor version, mine definitely never worked fine.

Hijazi
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Mar 10, 2016 16:50 |  #600

abbadon31 wrote in post #17930200 (external link)
Sorry for the poor quality video, but you can see it handles just fine and I have even put larger modifiers on it as well.

Much appreciated Scott for taking the time and demonstrating this with a video! Now I'll just have to wait to get the adaptor from China. It's been almost 3 weeks now. On the other hand, Adorama just sent me a delay notice for the Maxi grid.

sponsored links

218,084 views & 111 likes for this thread
The Elinchrom Maxilite (aka Fireball) Sample Images Thread
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.