Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Mar 2011 (Friday) 20:51
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Dear TITLE FAIRY :: Would you please change my title?"
Yes, I want a change
0%
No, leave me alone
49.4%
What is a Title Fairy? (a/k/a the TF)
0%
I don't care -- I just wanted to respond to a poll.
1.1%
I'm too scared to ask for a title change
49.4%

326 voters, 663259 votes given (any choice choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Mediocre TITLE FAIRY thread :: Change my title, please.

jay125
on the happy gas
10,716 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 17, 2016 16:08 |  #6151

Immaculens wrote in post #17938752 (external link)
lots of female vegetable hormones in soy and soy milk. Generations of male babies have been drinking formula made from soy and its not good for males for various reasons. Product of great marketing for decades and subsidized crops. Soy is also the hardest bean and most difficult to digest, which was my own main issue.

I did not know this. In my corner of the world they rotate crops between corn and soy beans, but coming from Detroit all this farm living can be a little too "Green Acres" for me. I live in town but if I drive 5 minutes any direction I'm surrounded by farm land.

feedback

gear list

sponsored links
LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,356 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 17, 2016 16:33 |  #6152

I had heard the same thing about soy milk, which is why we switched to almond. That may have drawbacks, too, but I'm not aware of any. Seems like there's something wrong with just about everything these days.

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,829 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

Mar 17, 2016 16:37 |  #6153

W

jay125 wrote in post #17938764 (external link)
What is a reputable place to buy meat, and where do you find them?

We like The Fresh Market.... but they aren't everywhere. The chicken tastes like the chicken I had when I was a kid..... or the chicken in Indonesia. In other words, non-rubber chicken. Not using steroids and lots of additional chemicals makes a huge difference in the end product.

We have considered getting to know the local farming community but haven't at this point.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

bubbygator
I can't tell the difference
1,477 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2011
Location: Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

Mar 17, 2016 16:47 |  #6154

Ah, we've finally got some posting that I can show to my wife.

Maybe she'll put down that "thing" in her hand that she keeps waving at me... what do you call that thing - she rolls it over dough, and when she shakes it at me the white dust floats all over me.

Gear List
The avatar is my middle grandson. (the TF can't tell the difference, but the fish is frowning and the kid is grinning)
Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

jay125
on the happy gas
10,716 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 17, 2016 16:49 |  #6155

LV Moose wrote in post #17938803 (external link)
I had heard the same thing about soy milk, which is why we switched to almond. That may have drawbacks, too, but I'm not aware of any. Seems like there's something wrong with just about everything these days.

Hmmm, maybe I'll give the almond a try. I noticed lots of packaging lists soy as an ingredient which could be a red flag

Phoenixkh wrote in post #17938809 (external link)
W

We like The Fresh Market.... but they aren't everywhere. The chicken tastes like the chicken I had when I was a kid..... or the chicken in Indonesia. In other words, non-rubber chicken. Not using steroids and lots of additional chemicals makes a huge difference in the end product.

We have considered getting to know the local farming community but haven't at this point.

We have meat lockers around the area here. It's been suggested I try those at least once, and it will change my mind on what meat is supposed to taste like.

feedback

gear list

jay125
on the happy gas
10,716 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by jay125.

Mar 17, 2016 16:51 |  #6156

bubbygator wrote in post #17938816 (external link)

Maybe she'll put down that "thing" in her hand that she keeps waving at me... what do you call that thing - she rolls it over dough, and when she shakes it at me the white dust floats all over me.

Is there a mirror and a razor blade and a rolled up hundred dollar bill involved? :twisted:

feedback

gear list

PineBomb
I have many notable flaws
2,470 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Mar 17, 2016 16:51 |  #6157

Hey, I'm not going to put down anybody's freak, but keep it behind closed doors.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,129 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 17, 2016 16:53 |  #6158

LV Moose wrote in post #17938803 (external link)
... Seems like there's something wrong with just about everything these days.

Yeah we just do what we can.

Drinking water? has traces of "the Pill" in it since it was introduces in the 60's. Millions of women, monthly, for 50 years, taking the pill with pharma chemical female hormones being pee'd into our water supply all this time. Add to it every other pharma chemical by millions of people every day... all being pee'd into our water supply... year after year...

Buying good water filters is not a bad investment.

Sorry for any doom and gloom! Let's look on the bright side - Spring is here! I'm so happy - I wet my plants!  :p :twisted:

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

bubbygator
I can't tell the difference
1,477 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2011
Location: Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

Mar 17, 2016 16:53 |  #6159

Oh, yeah - "rolling pin". That;s what happens when you get old - you can;t argue because you forget the words.

Gear List
The avatar is my middle grandson. (the TF can't tell the difference, but the fish is frowning and the kid is grinning)
Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

jay125
on the happy gas
10,716 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 17, 2016 17:09 |  #6160

Immaculens wrote in post #17938823 (external link)
Yeah we just do what we can.

Drinking water? has traces of "the Pill" in it since it was introduces in the 60's. Millions of women, monthly, for 50 years, taking the pill with pharma chemical female hormones being pee'd into our water supply all this time. Add to it every other pharma chemical by millions of people every day... all being pee'd into our water supply... year after year...

Buying good water filters is not a bad investment.

Sorry for any doom and gloom! Let's look on the bright side - Spring is here! I'm so happy - I wet my plants!  :p :twisted:

Well THIS piece of happy news made me pour out my water and grab a powerade :grin:

feedback

gear list

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,129 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 17, 2016 17:36 |  #6161

jay125 wrote in post #17938829 (external link)
Well THIS piece of happy news made me pour out my water and grab a powerade :grin:

Oh. [?] .. Despite where "that" water source ingredient comes from?

7Dmk II gripped | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'

LV ­ Moose
23,356 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by LV Moose. (2 edits in all)

Mar 17, 2016 17:42 |  #6162

PineBomb wrote in post #17938820 (external link)
Hey, I'm not going to put down anybody's freak, but keep it behind closed doors.

bubbygator wrote in post #17938824 (external link)
Oh, yeah - "rolling pin".

Call yours whatever you want, but rolling it in dough is pretty wack.

Moose

Aircraft (external link)

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,829 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011
Post edited over 3 years ago by Phoenixkh.

Mar 17, 2016 17:44 |  #6163

I grew up in Montana. With the exception of Glasgow, Montana, the water from the tap was amazing.... clear, fresh. It tasted like ummmmmm water.

Back then, if someone would have tried to explain to me the concept of paying for bottled water, I wouldn't have been able to grasp it. That said, we now use around 12 gallons of bottled spring water at our house every week and this doesn't include what we buy when we're out and about.

What a country.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,129 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 17, 2016 17:47 |  #6164

Phoenixkh wrote in post #17938878 (external link)
I grew up in Montana. With the exception of Glasgow, Montana, the water from the tap was amazing.... clear, fresh. It tasted like ummmmmm water.

Back then, if someone would have tried to explain to me the concept of paying for bottled water, I wouldn't have been able to grasp it. That said, we now use around 12 gallons of bottled spring water at our house every week and this doesn't include what we buy when we're out and about.

What a country.

What great marketing & propaganda. Don't trust your town's water filtering. Buy Nestle water. Mmmmmm... natural...

LV ­ Moose
23,356 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by LV Moose.

Mar 17, 2016 17:48 |  #6165

Phoenixkh wrote in post #17938878 (external link)
What a country.

Yeah, can you can you imagine other countries using bottle water? Pffft. That'll be the day.

Moose

Aircraft (external link)

sponsored links

1,965,466 views & 3,211 likes for this thread
The Mediocre TITLE FAIRY thread :: Change my title, please.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.