Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 06 Mar 2016 (Sunday) 21:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

When sending customers photos to select for their book or prints, how do you sync with your clients?

rzozaya1969
72 posts
Joined Jan 2016

Mar 06, 2016 21:52 |  #1

Usually, after an event, how do your clients select from all the pics which ones they want to print?

sponsored links
ksbal
Goldmember
2,745 posts
Gallery: 374 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 07, 2016 17:20 |  #2

we sit down together and I or they write down the image numbers they choose.

I may have them go back thru a second time, starring important ones that should be larger, or ones in need of adjustment, etc. I find that works better to set a time and both be there, than to wait for them to get back with me.

Godox/Flashpoint r2 system, plus some canon stuff.

ShotByTom
Goldmember
3,021 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 09, 2016 02:47 |  #3

I use an iPad (iPad Pro now..) and an app called Studio Pro. For portrait shoots I load the edited photos on my iPad with a loader program provided by the App. They review images, give them a + or - and narrow them down to the ones they want. All of our pricing is set up on the app so they pick out the sizes they want and the app generates an email receipt with a thumbnail of the image, size, quantity and price. When I get home I crop to size and send off to the printer.

For weddings I do a slideshow of the images, 2 or 3 songs to give them a good idea of the day. I usually only load potential portraits onto the iPad for weddings. I also use a slideshow of a Photo Album on the iPad as well.

The app does a lot more too, like Layouts, scaled photo layout (using the iPad's camera and sheet of paper), cropping..

Here's the app: https://studioproapp.c​om/ (external link)

Gear
Website (external link)

dcnats
359 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 09, 2016 06:27 |  #4

I use Shoot Proof for my online gallery and it allows clients to 'favorite' shots and I can then see what shots have been 'favorited'. So I tell the client to go through and 'favorite' any shots that they want to make sure are the album.

Any of those favorite shots which weren't already on my pool of shots to use for creating them album get added in.

As for just prints, Shoot Proof (and most similar services I believe) lets you set your print prices ahead of time and then the client can just order directly from the gallery.

1513 Photo (external link)

ShotByTom
Goldmember
3,021 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 09, 2016 08:41 as a reply to  @ dcnats's post |  #5

I love ShootProof. We used that for proofing but went with the iPad for in-person presentations. I really like the Mobile apps on ShootProof, clients loved getting those.

Gear
Website (external link)

vanmidd
215 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Mar 09, 2016 20:14 |  #6

I second Shootproof. Awesome print fulfilment options, so I don't have to handle anything - they order from their gallery, I get paid and the printer automatically debits me. I make a 50% profit and never lift a finger.

Regarding album design, I do the initial design and then they make changes. If anyone is interested, I really recommend Album Parrot for the proofing. It links with shootproof and other galleries, so their actuall photos display under their album proof, and they can drag images up to the proof and leave notes etc. Perfect.

Van Middleton Photography - Byron Bay Wedding Photographer (external link)

dcnats
359 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 09, 2016 20:54 as a reply to  @ vanmidd's post |  #7

Album Parrot sounds intriguing, I'll check it out. Thanks!

1513 Photo (external link)

vanmidd
215 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Mar 09, 2016 21:24 |  #8

dcnats, definately worth a look if you use online galleries...I've tried a bunch of other proofing options, including the ones that come with fundy and smart albums, and none of them have gallery integration, which is essential IMHO.

Van Middleton Photography - Byron Bay Wedding Photographer (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,987 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 09, 2016 22:33 |  #9

They get a disk of images along with a draft album design. Images all have numbers - eg ab123, not what the camera called them. Those short numbers are easy to give me. I don't do print ordering any more, but when I did it was an online system.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 17, 2016 19:52 |  #10

I post them online for them to look at and order from. I use JAlbum and water mark every one of them and it uses paypal for people to order from. If for a book, I make up the pages of the book and post them online and the client tells me what to replace, etc. Very easy.

sponsored links

2,890 views & 3 likes for this thread
When sending customers photos to select for their book or prints, how do you sync with your clients?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.