Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Feb 2016 (Monday) 01:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official specs: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

this thread is locked
Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,184 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 24, 2016 11:09 |  #1261

Erik S. Klein wrote in post #17946915 (external link)
I'm hoping that I get a very early II and that I get into the used market while the prices are still relatively high.

High side. Okay, I'd be good at $925, I hope you're offering free shipping.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

sponsored links
umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,699 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 24, 2016 12:05 |  #1262

Any of you guys have an idea what to ask for a 5D3 with 67K on the shutter ??

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 24, 2016 12:11 |  #1263

umphotography wrote in post #17946966 (external link)

Body only? Looks like about $1,800 +/-.

Gear List
www.vintage-computer.com (external link)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,184 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by Chet.

Mar 24, 2016 12:36 |  #1264

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Mt6xh4p/0/O/i-Mt6xh4p.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://photos.smugmug​.com …/O/i-Mt6xh4p.jpg&lb=1&s=A  (external link) on Smugmug

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 24, 2016 12:58 |  #1265

As you know, a lot will depend on the camera's external appearance and if it comes with all of the original accessories and Canon packaging. Mine was in outstanding condition and sold quickly for $1,700. If you want to see my original ad/pics, click here.

I also strongly feel that you can net more money via Craigslist, that is, if you have some patience and are willing to repost your ad there every 3-5 days to keep it fresh.

Cheers,
Bryan

My Gear List

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,699 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 24, 2016 16:02 |  #1266

Oh Chet.......LMAO :-P:love::love::love::love:

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

jonneymendoza
Goldmember
3,783 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 25, 2016 01:23 |  #1267

bps wrote in post #17946847 (external link)
And if Chet falls through, then I'll help you out and take it off your hands for $845.

Bryan

$800 all in

Canon 5dmkIII | Canon 85L 1.2 | Sigma 35mm ART 1.4|Canon 16-35mm L 2.8 |Canon 24-70mm L f2.8 | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L MK2 | Canon 430EX MK2 Flickr (external link)

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by bps.

Mar 25, 2016 14:53 |  #1268

Here's a hands-on report that just came out two hours ago. Again, nothing new to us, but always good to read about other people's first observations.

http://www.gizmag.com …-canon-1d-x-markii/42495/ (external link)

Cheers,
Bryan

My Gear List

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,699 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 25, 2016 17:20 |  #1269

bps wrote in post #17948409 (external link)
Here's a hands-on report that just came out two hours ago. Again, nothing new to us, but always good to read about other people's first observations.

http://www.gizmag.com …-canon-1d-x-markii/42495/ (external link)

Cheers,
Bryan

Thanks for that Bryan

this caught my eye :lol:

"The camera can now be set to Ambience Priority, where it retains some of the warm color tones from artificial light sources, or White Priority which eliminates most of the warmth from tungsten lighting. When we were being shown this feature there were several wedding snappers oohing and saying how much time this will save them in editing, one even said he was upgrading to the camera based on that feature alone."

Ambience priority sounds yummy--- AWB was already really good. Looks like they figured out a way to improve it...awesome.

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,305 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by David Arbogast. (3 edits in all)

Mar 25, 2016 18:12 |  #1270

umphotography wrote in post #17948585 (external link)
Thanks for that Bryan

"The camera can now be set to Ambience Priority, where it retains some of the warm color tones from artificial light sources, or White Priority which eliminates most of the warmth from tungsten lighting. When we were being shown this feature there were several wedding snappers oohing and saying how much time this will save them in editing, one even said he was upgrading to the camera based on that feature alone."

Ambience priority sounds yummy--- AWB was already really good. Looks like they figured out a way to improve it...awesome.

Ambience and White priority are fantastic on the 5DS / R - way better than just standard AWB.

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, CV 40mm, FE 50mm ZA, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by bps.

Mar 25, 2016 18:35 |  #1271

umphotography wrote in post #17948585 (external link)

Funny you mention that Mike. When I read that section, I actually thought of you! As a working wedding pro, I knew it would catch your eye.

David Arbogast wrote in post #17948646 (external link)
Ambience and White priority are fantastic on the 5DS / R - way better than just standard AWB.

That's great to hear David! I am just now breaking out my new 5DsR and I'll have to check these settings out.

Good stuff!
Bryan

My Gear List

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,699 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 25, 2016 18:57 |  #1272

David Arbogast wrote in post #17948646 (external link)

I did not know about that setting. 5D3 does not have it and I don't think the 1Dx has it either......Very cool

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,305 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Mar 25, 2016 20:53 |  #1273

Another super cool feature in the 5DS / R that 1DX II users are going to love is the electronic level in the viewfinder. The 5D III has a crudimentary one; but it's crap and I always hated it. I had thought having a good level was limited to mirrorless cameras with electronic viewfinders, like my a7R II, so it's fantastic to see Canon finding a way to implement cool goodies from mirrorless into DSLR bodies.

DSLRs are supposed to be soon-extinct dinosaurs according to many mirrorless fanboys, but I just keep seeing new abilities being added to DSLRs. At least for now they're getting better, not fading away like some would like to think.

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, CV 40mm, FE 50mm ZA, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,699 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 25, 2016 21:13 |  #1274

David Arbogast wrote in post #17948819 (external link)
Another super cool feature in the 5DS / R that 1DX II users are going to love is the electronic level in the viewfinder. The 5D III has a crudimentary one; but it's crap and I always hated it. I had thought having a good level was limited to mirrorless cameras with electronic viewfinders, like my a7R II, so it's fantastic to see Canon finding a way to implement cool goodies from mirrorless into DSLR bodies.

DSLRs are supposed to be soon-extinct dinosaurs according to many mirrorless fanboys, but I just keep seeing new abilities being added to DSLRs. At least for now they're getting better, not fading away like some would like to think.

Ha  :p:twisted: watch how many of those mirrorless fan boys start selling now that Dslrs are clean at 25-51000 ISO. Plus the AF systems are no comparison and the layouts on all of them suck.... Im sure I will catch some crapola for this remark......I see ZERO reason to go mirrorless. None of them can touch what the new bodies will be able to do especially top of the line 1Dx2 and D5's from Nikon

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
18,088 posts
Gallery: 1817 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Jul 2013

Mar 25, 2016 23:09 |  #1275

Hmmmm. I'm waiting on the new 1D beast but I don't plan on loosing the A7Rii anytime soon :)
I see strengths and weaknesses with each body.
Example, we've got Iceland coming up and no EOS kit will be tagging along-why take a machinegun to a landscape fight?
Conversely in 2017 it's Mongolia for the big eagles and only EOS kit will be going.
Go figure.
Last weekend it was backpacking with lots of elevation gain=the Lumix GM5 :)
Def. a first world problem having these choices.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

sponsored links

275,317 views & 958 likes for this thread
Official specs: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.