Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 26 Mar 2016 (Saturday) 15:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom export to Photoshop color change

moxphoto
167 posts
Joined May 2014

Mar 26, 2016 15:02 |  #1

It would be a huge time saver to get this figured out.. When I have a raw file in lightroom, and I export it into photoshop, the colors change/gets brighter etc.. however, if I save the image as a JPG and then open it in photoshop, the colors are just like they were in lightroom. All the settings are the same though..

I made a short (1 minute) video showing what I mean;

https://www.youtube.co​m …KQ9nwT-g&feature=youtu.be (external link)

Both times photoshop gives me the same dialog box, I select the same setting, but the colors change when going from a raw file in lightroom directly to photoshop. So how can I fix this issue? I would love to be able to go seamlessly from Lightroom to photoshop without having to first save as a JPG.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
Grizz
Cream of the Crop
5,493 posts
Gallery: 315 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 26, 2016 16:40 |  #2

In Lightroom go to the EDIT menu Item and select PREFERENCES, then in the dialog box that opens select the EXTERNAL EDITING TAB, Select your file format TIFF, JEPEG, PSD I'll assume TIFF. Under that select your COLOR SPACE, PRO PHOTO RGB. That should take it right into PS with no color space conflict....I think :)

Craig * Canon 7D Mark II * 60D * 10D * Tamron SP 150-600 f/5-6.3 Di VC USD * EF 400 5.6L USM * EF 17-40 4.0L USM * EF 70-210 4.0 * EF 28 2.8 * EF 50 1.8 MK1*Flickr (external link)

moxphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
167 posts
Joined May 2014

Mar 26, 2016 16:46 as a reply to  @ Grizz's post |  #3

Tried that.. no change. I go to External Editing, Photoshop CC - tried switching it to Prophoto and back to SRGB etc. still the same problem..

moxphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
167 posts
Joined May 2014

Mar 26, 2016 17:23 as a reply to  @ moxphoto's post |  #4

I think I FOUND the problem... it has to do with the camera profile.. Im looking in under the library folder, under Camera Raw / Camera Profiles and there is no camera profile for my 5d Mark 3 ?! Theres one for the 5ds and 5dsr and every other model.. but none for the 5d mark 3? So it seems that, photoshop was picking a different camera profile then the one I was using in lightroom.. soo.. now I just need to get the camera profile files for the 5d mark 3... how do I do that guys? Also, why on earth would they not be included..... im using photoshop CC and lightroom CC ?

moxphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
167 posts
Joined May 2014

Mar 26, 2016 18:42 as a reply to  @ moxphoto's post |  #5

I FIXED IT!!! :-):lol::lol: :p :p

For literally a year I couldnt figure this out.. and didnt use photoshop nearly as much as I would have as a result...

I was missing camera profiles for the 5d Mark 3 which I use.. so I had to manually download an update to Camera Raw (here: https://helpx.adobe.co​m …aw-plug-in-installer.html (external link)) Now I have all the camera profiles, etc, and the color issue is gone! Everything works perfectly now!! So happy..

But why werent the Camera Raw profiles updated ? I use Lightroom and Photoshop CC and Creative Cloud... ?? I dont see Camera Raw listed in the Creative Cloud App.. I just assumed it was bundled with lightroom etc and would be updated automatically.. any input?

As a side note, im having an issue with Creative Cloud where it only recognizes Photoshop as being installed, It still says I need to install Lightroom, but it is installed!! I have been using it for years (CC) .. so wtf.

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
7,954 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 26, 2016 19:12 |  #6

moxphoto wrote in post #17949877 (external link)
I FIXED IT!!! :-):lol::lol: :p :p

For literally a year I couldnt figure this out.. and didnt use photoshop nearly as much as I would have as a result...

I was missing camera profiles for the 5d Mark 3 which I use.. so I had to manually download an update to Camera Raw (here: https://helpx.adobe.co​m …aw-plug-in-installer.html (external link)) Now I have all the camera profiles, etc, and the color issue is gone! Everything works perfectly now!! So happy..

But why werent the Camera Raw profiles updated ? I use Lightroom and Photoshop CC and Creative Cloud... ?? I dont see Camera Raw listed in the Creative Cloud App.. I just assumed it was bundled with lightroom etc and would be updated automatically.. any input?

As a side note, im having an issue with Creative Cloud where it only recognizes Photoshop as being installed, It still says I need to install Lightroom, but it is installed!! I have been using it for years (CC) .. so wtf.

Try manually logging out of Adobe CC (I'd also throw in a computer restart) and logging back in to Adobe again. This seems to solve a lot of issues with the Adobe CC management console.

When having issues with opening images in PS from LR it is always a good idea to do a forced update of ACR. It seems as if knowlege of this is quite limited, but when using compatible versions (PS current with or newer than LR) LR actually hands the processing data to ACR and ACR then renders the image directly into the PS editor workspace. It does this without creating a raster image file. Just the same as when opening an image directly from ACR.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

moxphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
167 posts
Joined May 2014

Mar 26, 2016 22:32 as a reply to  @ BigAl007's post |  #7

Good to know... yea, now I know. I will keep an eye on this in the future.. I wish someone had been able to pinpoint the issue earlier.. I also just realized Im using Lightroom 5 instead of CC for some reason... so im upgrading now.

sponsored links

1,535 views & 1 like for this thread
Lightroom export to Photoshop color change
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.