Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 29 Mar 2016 (Tuesday) 23:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Indian Wedding in Sugar Land, Texas.

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Mar 29, 2016 23:57 |  #1

Two from the lot. This was in the bride's suite right after getting ready / during the first look. CC welcome if you want.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony ZV-1 || Sony a7RIV || Sony a9 || Sony a1 || Sony FE 20mm f1.8 G || Sony FE 24-70 f2.8 GM || Sony FE 50mm f1.2 GM || Sony FE 90mm f2.8 Macro G OSS || Sony FE 135mm f1.8 GM || Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

sponsored links
scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 30, 2016 13:39 |  #2

Love the top one but her eye looks a little wonky... I would darken her hands on the lower one to bring out the Henna.

Love family portraits *LOL*

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Mar 30, 2016 16:23 |  #3

scorpio_e wrote in post #17954826 (external link)
Love the top one but her eye looks a little wonky... I would darken her hands on the lower one to bring out the Henna.

Love family portraits *LOL*

Thank you. I noticed that too with the eye. Almost looks as if a contact is loose, but on closer examination, it's just the white of her eye due to where she is looking, so I decided to leave it (for now). Might change my mind in the future.

I did darken the hand considerably because it was a bit overexposed sooc. The henna was already two days old by this point so the fading is natural.

Thank you again for your suggestions.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony ZV-1 || Sony a7RIV || Sony a9 || Sony a1 || Sony FE 20mm f1.8 G || Sony FE 24-70 f2.8 GM || Sony FE 50mm f1.2 GM || Sony FE 90mm f2.8 Macro G OSS || Sony FE 135mm f1.8 GM || Sony FE 200-600 f5.6-6.3 G OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

Brad999
426 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2008
Post edited over 5 years ago by Brad999.

Mar 30, 2016 17:35 |  #4

These are nice photos. I have no clue what a henna is, but when I look at the 2nd picture, I get the same feeling that I get when I look at something 4 inches from my face. Everything mostly is out of focus and it makes me dizzy.

The image leads my eyes to her face, and I can't see it! ugh.

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Mar 30, 2016 18:06 |  #5

Brad999 wrote in post #17955092 (external link)
These are nice photos. I have no clue what a henna is, but when I look at the 2nd picture, I get the same feeling that I get when I look at something 4 inches from my face. Everything mostly is out of focus and it makes me dizzy.

The image leads my eyes to her face, and I can't see it! ugh.

Henna is a traditional artwork used mainly for women (but sometimes men) for Indian celebrations, especially weddings. It is the artwork on her hands. Most couples love the details and want their henna captured, so you can use it as the focal point in an image the same way you would use engagement and wedding rings as the focal point in American weddings.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

midgeman
570 posts
Gallery: 105 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2014

Mar 31, 2016 10:48 |  #6

I quite like them and I agree with scorpio's comments.

I have an Indian wedding (my first) in May and I'd love to see more for a bit of inspiration.

Canon 7DII, Canon T3, Canon AE-1, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 II, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L
https://www.instagram.​com/midgeman/ (external link)
http://kennethmidgett.​com (external link)

choicejadephotography
26 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jan 2016
Post edited over 5 years ago by choicejadephotography.

Mar 31, 2016 10:48 |  #7

The first shot is lovely. Prism used? Personally, not sure if the curtain adds to the image, or detracts from it.

Like that you focused on her henna in the second image. But it needs more separation to get viewer's eyes to look where you want them to. And I think the groom's bright coat is a bit distracting even though I checked your histogram and it's not blown out. Maybe dial down the highlights a little bit?

a st. louis wedding photographer (external link), blending photojournalism and fine art, striving to create fresh, dynamic, and timeless imagery for sophisticated couples in the greater st. louis metropolitan area and beyond.

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 31, 2016 12:33 as a reply to  @ midgeman's post |  #8

Here are a few.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Mar 31, 2016 15:15 |  #9

choicejadephotography wrote in post #17955838 (external link)
The first shot is lovely. Prism used? Personally, not sure if the curtain adds to the image, or detracts from it.

Like that you focused on her henna in the second image. But it needs more separation to get viewer's eyes to look where you want them to. And I think the groom's bright coat is a bit distracting even though I checked your histogram and it's not blown out. Maybe dial down the highlights a little bit?

No prism used in the first one. That was a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I stood on a table and shot through it. Thank you.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Mar 31, 2016 15:51 |  #10

midgeman wrote in post #17955837 (external link)
I quite like them and I agree with scorpio's comments.

I have an Indian wedding (my first) in May and I'd love to see more for a bit of inspiration.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Mar 31, 2016 15:52 |  #11

More examples for Midgeman.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Mar 31, 2016 15:53 |  #12

One more from a wedding performance.

HOSTED PHOTO

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 02, 2016 14:48 |  #13

Nice work, I like them :)

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

sponsored links

4,733 views & 14 likes for this thread
Indian Wedding in Sugar Land, Texas.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.