Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Mar 2011 (Friday) 20:51
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Dear TITLE FAIRY :: Would you please change my title?"
Yes, I want a change
0%
No, leave me alone
49.4%
What is a Title Fairy? (a/k/a the TF)
0%
I don't care -- I just wanted to respond to a poll.
1.1%
I'm too scared to ask for a title change
49.4%

332 voters, 663267 votes given (any choice choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Mediocre TITLE FAIRY thread :: Change my title, please.

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,265 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 04, 2016 13:22 |  #6601

I see this thread for what it is. So I don't mind the often off-color banter that most likely directly gives us the entertaining titles. No one can complain when one gets a title due to commentary in the Title Fairy thread. I also agree that we're pretty friendly, for an online forum. Would we all get along if we met in person, probably, must have weekend friends? Probably not. I've probably called Charles, Chuck as well, with nothing more then a playful usage. I obviously wouldn't mind being called Chester because it's not my real name. So I can't compare the affect.

What I find troubling is this is heading for bad feelings and a permanent departure. That's part of this forum I don't like. We all have off days where we feel a bit sensitive to comments and our own comments are harsh by intent. But that usually clears and all is well. I've had trouble stepping away, probably steams from a small internet addiction. Happily I asked for a 1 year sabbatical a couple years ago and couldn't post but only sit back and read what was going on. It was worth it as it added clarity to my fragile existence on this very friendly forum.

I just don't want to see anyone make a dumb decision out of a bad day with permanent repercussions. If you need a break take one, if you need help with a break ask for one. I'm not sure it would be offered, but we've lost many valuable members due to a bad day. And I for one look forward to the time I spend with you kids. :love:

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

sponsored links
LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,407 posts
Gallery: 222 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by LV Moose.

Apr 04, 2016 13:30 |  #6602

Nice commentary. Maybe we actually needed it. Time for a title change, Chester.

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,265 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 04, 2016 13:35 |  #6603

LV Moose wrote in post #17960477 (external link)
Nice commentary. Maybe we actually needed it. Time for a title change, Chester.

My title goes well with my avatar. It helps with my type of shtick.

https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17946991

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
My Gear List

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 04, 2016 13:39 |  #6604

Chet wrote in post #17960471 (external link)
I see this thread for what it is. So I don't mind the often off-color banter that most likely directly gives us the entertaining titles. No one can complain when one gets a title due to commentary in the Title Fairy thread. I also agree that we're pretty friendly, for an online forum. Would we all get along if we met in person, probably, must have weekend friends? Probably not. I've probably called Charles, Chuck as well, with nothing more then a playful usage. I obviously wouldn't mind being called Chester because it's not my real name. So I can't compare the affect.

What I find troubling is this is heading for bad feelings and a permanent departure. That's part of this forum I don't like. We all have off days where we feel a bit sensitive to comments and our own comments are harsh by intent. But that usually clears and all is well. I've had trouble stepping away, probably steams from a small internet addiction. Happily I asked for a 1 year sabbatical a couple years ago and couldn't post but only sit back and read what was going on. It was worth it as it added clarity to my fragile existence on this very friendly forum.

I just don't want to see anyone make a dumb decision out of a bad day with permanent repercussions. If you need a break take one, if you need help with a break ask for one. I'm not sure it would be offered, but we've lost many valuable members due to a bad day. And I for one look forward to the time I spend with you kids. :love:

Chet, Dang, after reading this post I may very well need to drop out from Following this thread, since you seem to be trying to be half-way serious! First, of course, I may Report you (and this post)...

I will say that I would hate it if OhLook drops out!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

LV ­ Moose
23,407 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by LV Moose.

Apr 04, 2016 13:39 as a reply to  @ Chet's post |  #6605

Thanks for blowing up the picture. It had looked kinda like Dr. Phil. But that might be fitting as well.

tonylong wrote in post #17960491 (external link)
I will say that I would hate it if OhLook drops out!

To be honest, I would, too. We seem to butt heads on a regular basis... but still.

Moose

Aircraft (external link)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,265 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by Chet.

Apr 04, 2016 13:40 |  #6606

LV Moose wrote in post #17960493 (external link)
Thanks for blowing up the picture. It had looked kinda like Dr. Phil. But that might be fitting as well.

Wow, that really hurt. Dr. Phil??? Are you serious. Ouch, my pancreas ...

My Gear List

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,265 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 04, 2016 13:54 |  #6607

tonylong wrote in post #17960491 (external link)
Chet, Dang, after reading this post I may very well need to drop out from Following this thread, since you seem to be trying to be half-way serious! First, of course, I may Report you (and this post)...

It's all part of the M.I.T. initiative plus $14.95 non refundable payment.

My Gear List

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
19,778 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 04, 2016 14:02 |  #6608

Chet wrote in post #17960471 (external link)
I just don't want to see anyone make a dumb decision out of a bad day with permanent repercussions.

Chet, I appreciate your good intentions at peacemaking, but this isn't a matter of a bad day. It's an accumulation of things. That "undersexed and oversensitive" comment sealed the deal. I'm not leaving POTN as a whole, just giving up on this thread.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

LV ­ Moose
23,407 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by LV Moose. (3 edits in all)

Apr 04, 2016 14:09 |  #6609

OhLook wrote in post #17960538 (external link)
Chet, I appreciate your good intentions at peacemaking, but this isn't a matter of a bad day. It's an accumulation of things. That "undersexed and oversensitive" comment sealed the deal. I'm not leaving POTN as a whole, just giving up on this thread.

You know, I do sincerely apologize for that. I almost left it as suggesting you start your own thread, but I should have left out the suggested title, at least. That was uncalled for.

As far as the accumulation of things... well, that's the nature of the beast. And you can take that to mean either me, or the thread.

Moose

Aircraft (external link)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,265 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 04, 2016 14:10 |  #6610

LV Moose wrote in post #17960549 (external link)
You know, I do sincerely apologize for that. I almost left it as suggesting you start your own thread, but I should have left out the suggested title, at least. That was uncalled for.

Thank you for that ^

My Gear List

LV ­ Moose
23,407 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 04, 2016 14:20 |  #6611

Chet wrote in post #17960551 (external link)
Thank you for that ^

Well I hope she accepts it in the spirit that it was intended. I'm getting ready to go to lunch, and I won't be back until, say... Saturday.

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

Moose

Aircraft (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 04, 2016 14:25 |  #6612

LV Moose wrote in post #17960565 (external link)
Well I hope she accepts it in the spirit that it was intended. I'm getting ready to go to lunch, and I won't be back until, say... Saturday.

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

Hey, I talk to myself way too often, and don't need any encouragement there!

And, to go a step further, suggesting that I "Feel free to talk amongst yourselves" suggests that, well, I may be dealing with multiple personalities! Well, excuse me, but the only people that can make that suggestion are family and the close friends who actually know me!!! :)

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

bubbygator
I can't tell the difference
1,477 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2011
Location: Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

Apr 04, 2016 15:20 |  #6613

Boy, I'm glad we don't have BB guns - we'd all be getting pelted.

Take a break - take a breath.... take a sip of nice single malt.

Gear List
The avatar is my middle grandson. (the TF can't tell the difference, but the fish is frowning and the kid is grinning)
Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

GibJock
I used to be the Kill Killer
10,004 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Apr 04, 2016 15:40 |  #6614

bubbygator wrote in post #17960643 (external link)
take a breath.... take a sip of nice single malt.

Make mine an Aberlour Glenlivet please, large one if you must!

flickr (external link)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,265 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 04, 2016 15:42 |  #6615

bubbygator wrote in post #17960643 (external link)
Take a break - take a breath.... take a sip of nice single malt.

Is there a double or triple malt?

My Gear List

sponsored links

2,736,693 views & 3,295 likes for this thread
The Mediocre TITLE FAIRY thread :: Change my title, please.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.