As kids, we got stung by something pretty much every day that stinging critters were out. It was nothing to us. All summer long there would be a small pile of baking soda on the counter. Just wet your fingers, make some paste, and cover the sting. My little sister would always put up a screaming fit if she saw a bee, but she'd do the same thing with mosquitoes. None of us ever reacted more than normal. I never cared about a bee landing on me, I'd just brush it away and not pay any attention to it.
For several years I didn't get any stings, I just grew out of playing and spent my summers working. When I was about 17 I was at a friends house for the weekend. A nasty storm was rolling in and we went out on the front porch to watch the lightning. We didn't know it, but there was a wasp nest above the door. All of us got stung. I got stung on my right middle and ring fingers. Didn't think much of it, until my hand swelled up, and then my arm swelled, right up to my elbow. My hand was so swollen that my skin was stretched tight, shiny, itchy, and was starting to split. Ice packs and allergy meds got it under control. Ever since then, all the stings I've gotten have been bad reactions. I got a yellow jacket sting to my stomach while at work, I took meds and iced it immediately. I developed a fist sized bruise that took 6 weeks to fade.
The last sting, in my mouth, hurt for weeks. Took antihistamines to control it, but they barely worked. Should have gone to emerge for that one.