Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 11 Apr 2016 (Monday) 06:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 5 WORST Types of Photographers

RichSoansPhotos
Cream of the Crop
5,981 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 11, 2016 06:39 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

Couldn't stop laughing at this
https://www.youtube.co​m/watch?v=zJrjt3q5s1w&​nohtml5 (external link)

Could add a couple more to the list, like:
1/ Arrogant photographers, the ones who just like showing off because they are professional in their genre
2/ Ones that push you around in the photo pit (relevant to me as I do live music photo)

sponsored links
PMGphotog
342 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Apr 11, 2016 07:03 |  #2

Watched that video last week, it was very amusing. Also the one you added "Ones that push you around in the photo pit (relevant to me as I do live music photo)" Same here when there is no need for it if people communicate with each other.

I'd like to add a third one relating to live music.

People who walk in front of your camera as you are shooting or lining up a shot. This really gets to me especially when there is space behind you. Personally if it's tight in the photo pit I wait for someone to chimp or point their camera down before giving them a light tap on the shoulder and then walk past to get to where I need to be. Common courtesy but sometimes it's not so common :-)

Canon EOS 1000d /60d : 18-55mm IS kit lens. Canon 50mm 1.8 MK2. Tamron 55-200mm F4-5.6, battery grip to make my cam look pro..and 30mm Sigma F1.4 recently added
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/patmcguire2011/ (external link)

RichSoansPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,981 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 11, 2016 07:17 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

PMGphotog wrote in post #17967948 (external link)
Watched that video last week, it was very amusing. Also the one you added "Ones that push you around in the photo pit (relevant to me as I do live music photo)" Same here when there is no need for it if people communicate with each other.

I'd like to add a third one relating to live music.

People who walk in front of your camera as you are shooting or lining up a shot. This really gets to me especially when there is space behind you. Personally if it's tight in the photo pit I wait for someone to chimp or point their camera down before giving them a light tap on the shoulder and then walk past to get to where I need to be. Common courtesy but sometimes it's not so common :-)

I have accidentally walked into someone's shot, but given the fact that she is really short in height, what did that person expect me to do? Crawl on the ground? I did apologise to her, but I think she still hates me for it, though I do try to avoid her like the plague, though it wasn't my fault. But also I have had the same thing with people just meandering around the pit, not getting out of the way of the stage view, at the time, I didn't know how to crop photos.

Another annoying ones are those who like to push their lens into the stage when I'm taking a photo trying to be "arty farty" with their photography

Stregone
232 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 11, 2016 09:50 |  #4

oh look, a deer! :lol:

flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
[Youpic] (external link)

Nathan
So boring
7,732 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 11, 2016 12:47 |  #5

Best line in the whole video: "I can't believe you swiped right for me." Lol. Awkward photoforum nerd.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

neacail
Goldmember
1,188 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 11, 2016 13:09 |  #6

:lol:

But, I do have an objection to the way knee pads were depicted. For us old and broken folks they can be vital!

Shelley
Image Editing Okay

Tedder
372 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 11, 2016 15:26 |  #7

That's strange. I never met Tony and Chelsea Northrup, and yet they seem to know me so well.

Tedder Stephenson's Flickr (external link)
Various Items (external link) Mineral Matters (external link) The Bench (external link) Tracks (external link) Cars and Stripes (external link) Behind the Wheel (external link) Shadows of Turning (external link) Circles of Confusion (external link) Waterous Disturbulations (external link)

RichSoansPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,981 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 11, 2016 17:42 |  #8
bannedPermanent ban

neacail wrote in post #17968297 (external link)
:lol:

But, I do have an objection to the way knee pads were depicted. For us old and broken folks they can be vital!

I think that was meant for the gear nerd photographer, who seems to think they need everything including flash unit, plus difuser for taking photos of landscape i.e. totally inappropriate gear for what the photographer was meaning to photograph

RichSoansPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,981 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 11, 2016 17:43 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

Nathan wrote in post #17968274 (external link)
Best line in the whole video: "I can't believe you swiped right for me." Lol. Awkward photoforum nerd.

I think there are a lot of photo forum nerd in us lot, in that we would try to go to another photographer to make them feel stupid or belittle them for the thing they have for others photography

urbanfreestyle
I am a squirrel who loves rubbing bottles and I have Nuts in my drawers, too!
2,046 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 11, 2016 17:46 |  #10

reminds me of http://youtu.be/ZPNLjN​Dqy60 (external link)

Facebook (external link)
Canon 1D Mk IV | Canon 50mm 1.8 Mk1 | Sigma 'Bigma' 50-500 | Fuji XE1 | Helios 44/m | 50mm 1.4 | Manfrotto 055CX PRO3 | 3LT Mohawk ballhead | Lubitel 2 med format camera |

aezoss
443 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Apr 12, 2016 00:05 |  #11

Stregone wrote in post #17968090 (external link)
oh look, a deer! :lol:

LOL'd at that one. Trashing the Fong at 3:15 was pretty good, same way I feel about the Stofen I paid 25 bucks for and used twice.

Lee

ONE30
I don't have a point!!!
4,280 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 13, 2016 05:25 |  #12

"the teacher" - most annoying part of meeting new people during a photo meetup/insta meets or during family parties!

sponsored links

3,769 views & 4 likes for this thread
The 5 WORST Types of Photographers
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.