Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support 
Thread started 12 Apr 2016 (Tuesday) 04:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What should I use to mount iPhone to tripod?

lsquare
Goldmember
1,933 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 12, 2016 04:50 |  #1

Anyone here mount their iPhones to a tripod for mobile photography? If so, what do you use? I'm thinking of getting the Glif, but I don't know if there are any better alternatives out there or not.

sponsored links
rwmson
485 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 12, 2016 06:34 |  #2

you could try one of these. http://mantisphonestan​d.com/ (external link)

yeah, I gots some stuff.

ericcrazyman
190 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2013

Apr 12, 2016 08:13 |  #3

http://www.ebay.com …one-Samsung-/301568845146 (external link) this should do what you need.

A photograph is worth a thousand words, but Photoshop can produce a thousand lies. Photo editing allowed. I need all the help I can get.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,702 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by Wilt.

Apr 12, 2016 08:51 |  #4

Why not simply attach a phone case/holster http://www.supcase.com …I_LjZ2eicwCFQJs​fgodNd0Hsw (external link) to the tripod...a case with a belt clip you can then use a hood-and-loop strap (e.g., for securing coils of cords) http://ecx.images-amazon.com …41zNV0gZRFL._SX​300_.jpgto (external link) hold the cas/holster to the tripod. Then you merely deploy the tripod and slide the phone into the case or clip it into the holster.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,893 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 26, 2016 16:37 |  #5

There are sooo many options. Start here: LINK (external link)

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

MiamiC70
38 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 26, 2016 22:17 |  #6

http://www.shoulderpod​.com (external link)

ben_r_
15,893 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by ben_r_.

Apr 26, 2016 22:40 |  #7

Oh that one is nice. I was thinking of going with this one which is the same concept but $10 cheaper and all metal. The SholuderPod is made of plastic: LINK (external link)

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

wunhang
726 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 28, 2016 12:13 |  #8

ben_r_ wrote in post #17986483 (external link)
Oh that one is nice. I was thinking of going with this one which is the same concept but $10 cheaper and all metal. The SholuderPod is made of plastic: LINK (external link)

I actually have the Recticam and can recommend it. It's pretty solid and can fit most any phone (other than the phablets). I would recommend a cheap "soft" case to put on the phone - the rubber grips don't have a lot of flex so overtightening was a concern I had with the holder.

Canon 5D IV | Canon 5D II | XSI (Infrared modified) | SL1 | 16-35mm L f/4.0 IS | 24-70mm L f/2.8 II | 40mm f/2.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-200mm L f/4.0 IS | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | C/Y 28mm f/2.8 | Tamron 35mm f/1.8 VC | C/Y 50mm f/1.7 | Zeiss 100mm MP
::SmugMug (external link)::

ben_r_
15,893 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 28, 2016 13:15 as a reply to  @ wunhang's post |  #9

Thanks for the feedback. I always have a slim Elago case on my iPhones so I would have a bit of rubbery grip on the sides already. Im thinking of picking up the combo deal Reticam is doing on Amazon where you get their mount, the extension bolts for it and their hand grip for $35. LINK (external link)

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,066 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 28, 2016 14:11 |  #10

i bought this (external link) to use with my iphone and ipad mini...with all the options on ebay from china, for under $5, i can't imagine spending $30 on something like that...but i also will rarely use it...i only bought it to use with my triggertrap

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

ben_r_
15,893 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 28, 2016 15:53 |  #11

DreDaze wrote in post #17988356 (external link)
i bought this (external link) to use with my iphone and ipad mini...with all the options on ebay from china, for under $5, i can't imagine spending $30 on something like that...but i also will rarely use it...i only bought it to use with my triggertrap

WTH?! Why would you need to attach your phone to your tablet like that?!

wunhang
726 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 28, 2016 16:54 |  #12

I don't think it is necessarily to attach to the ipad... It looks like they can't get something that can hold a tablet or a phone in one design so they have two holders on that bracket which has a tripod socket. At least that's what the engineer in me sees... the marketing guys might have taken a look and said, "it can fit a tablet and a phone... so let's take pictures of that for ebay!"

Canon 5D IV | Canon 5D II | XSI (Infrared modified) | SL1 | 16-35mm L f/4.0 IS | 24-70mm L f/2.8 II | 40mm f/2.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-200mm L f/4.0 IS | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | C/Y 28mm f/2.8 | Tamron 35mm f/1.8 VC | C/Y 50mm f/1.7 | Zeiss 100mm MP
::SmugMug (external link)::

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,066 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 28, 2016 21:17 |  #13

ben_r_ wrote in post #17988495 (external link)
WTH?! Why would you need to attach your phone to your tablet like that?!

it's not to use them both at the same time...it's to use one or the other...figure it kills two birds with one stone...like i said it's mainly for my triggertrap, so i have a hotshoe tripod mount to use with it...this way the phone/tablet i'm using isn't just dangling from the cord to the camera

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
15,924 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 29, 2016 12:15 |  #14

wunhang wrote in post #17988582 (external link)
I don't think it is necessarily to attach to the ipad... It looks like they can't get something that can hold a tablet or a phone in one design so they have two holders on that bracket which has a tripod socket. At least that's what the engineer in me sees... the marketing guys might have taken a look and said, "it can fit a tablet and a phone... so let's take pictures of that for ebay!"

looks pretty darn handy

Sony A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - SY 24/2.8 - FE 28/2 - FE 35/2.8 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 17-28/2.8 - 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

ben_r_
15,893 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 29, 2016 13:05 |  #15

wunhang wrote in post #17988582 (external link)

DreDaze wrote in post #17988840 (external link)
it's not to use them both at the same time...it's to use one or the other...figure it kills two birds with one stone...like i said it's mainly for my triggertrap, so i have a hotshoe tripod mount to use with it...this way the phone/tablet i'm using isn't just dangling from the cord to the camera

Oh okay, that makes a bit more sense. I guess I didnt think of that because I wouldnt want to carry a mount thats larger than I need it to be for the device Im planning to use it with. Id rather have one for my tablet (not that Id use my tablet for this kind of stuff) and one for my phone.

sponsored links

7,705 views & 1 like for this thread
What should I use to mount iPhone to tripod?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.