Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 13 Apr 2016 (Wednesday) 09:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

BE ON THE LOOKOUT! STOLEN GEAR!

ExplicitSnow
449 posts
Gallery: 99 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012
Post edited over 3 years ago by ExplicitSnow.

Apr 13, 2016 09:57 |  #1

Had camera equipment stolen from my front porch today...Austin, TX (183/Spicewood Springs area)...I have a strong idea who took the package, but without video or eye witness, I have to go on tracking the items down a different way...he was however at my house after I put the package out & before I noticed it missing...never rang my door bell, didn't call me, didn't txt me...but admits to being here...By now, the items may have crossed hands at least once, maybe twice...The person in question is involved with drugs & has been known to steal, I have confronted him but only got lies & excuses or reasons why it wasn't him...I have filed a report with APD...If you for some reason come across any of these items, will you please contact me, so I can forward the info & hopefully get the items back...

The camera gear that was stolen was rented from an online supplier...I am waiting for serial ‪#‎s‬ from the supplier to add to the report...Theft or loss is not covered in their particular "insurance" option...So the cost of the gear would be put on me directly...Nearly $6,000...any & all help is greatly appreciated!

All I care about is getting this gear back...I could care less if someone gets arrested or spends time in jail, those 2 options don't help me in this situation...I need the gear back so I can return the gear, that way I'm not paying $6000 for gear I wouldn't buy normally...If the items come back to me in the condition they left, with all items that they were with in the 1st place, I will simply take the gear & you can be on your way, whether or not you had any criminal part in this

ITEMS:
--Canon 7D Mark II DSLR (tucked inside neoprene pouch)
--LP-E6 battery charger & LP-E6 battery (inside ziplock)
(Camera & battery/charger were all inside a small bag with plastic clip & zipper to open main compartment)
--Sigma 150-600mm f5-f6.3 DG OS Sport lens (Canon mount, inside it's own Sigma carry case)
--Sigma 150-600mm f5-f6.3 DG OS Sport lens (Nikon mount, inside it's own Sigma carry case)

SERIAL #S--
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG (For Canon)- 51309604
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG (For Nikon)- 51357902
Canon EOS 7D Mark II- 038021003883

I have attached images of what the items look like for reference

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
ExplicitSnow
THREAD ­ STARTER
449 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 13, 2016 10:20 |  #2

SERIAL #S--
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG (For Canon)- 51309604
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG (For Nikon)- 51357902
Canon EOS 7D Mark II- 038021003883

moose10101
registered smartass
1,651 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2010

Apr 13, 2016 12:02 |  #3

Looking past the decision to put a box worth $6k on your porch ...

How do you know it was stolen, and not just picked up by your shipper?

ExplicitSnow
THREAD ­ STARTER
449 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 13, 2016 12:47 as a reply to  @ moose10101's post |  #4

package was put out just before 1pm & was noticed gone before 4pm...it was missing before the fedex lady showed up...i was literally talking to the suspect on the phone as fedex rang my door bell...i triple checked with fedex & the package was not picked up & tracking # was never scanned

i know it was stolen because an eye witness puts the subject at the scene in the time frame & subject admits to being at the scene...suspect has drug problem & steals for his habit

i have had fedex pick up packages many times before without incident...those times, a drug addict w/ no job didnt show up at my house unannounced & purposely not notify me by calling, txting, or ringing the door bell

robsudac
173 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 13, 2016 16:53 |  #5

I cannot fathom leaving $6k value of anything unattended on my doorstep, let alone something worth a hundred bucks. To me that is just asking for trouble. I hope that you do recover your goods somehow.

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
6,057 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Apr 13, 2016 16:59 |  #6

True, but don't kick him while he's down. That's beside the point. Sucks. Hopefully you get it all back. Ouch.

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - Laowa 9mm - 18-55 - 23/35/50/90 f2 WR - 50-140 - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Apr 13, 2016 17:13 |  #7

Can your homeowner's insurance help? Maybe the credit card you charged it on? I always decline 'insurance' when I rent. Maybe I should reconsider.

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 13, 2016 17:19 as a reply to  @ Bassat's post |  #8

According to OP, this particular rental company's insurance doesn't cover theft or loss. So even if he opted for it with this company, he's still SOL.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

My Gear

John
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 13, 2016 17:34 |  #9

Did you tell APD about your suspicions?

john | gear | web hosting deal for POTN members!

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Apr 13, 2016 17:37 as a reply to  @ runninmann's post |  #10

I was referring to his homeowner's policy, or the credit card he charged it on. You don't know until you ask (or read the all that really teeny-tiny print).

ExplicitSnow
THREAD ­ STARTER
449 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 13, 2016 17:41 as a reply to  @ John's post |  #11

Yes, gave them all the details, time tables, witness name/#, suspect name/#, etc

Nortonski
603 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Apr 13, 2016 18:25 |  #12

Bassat wrote in post #17970862 (external link)
Can your homeowner's insurance help? Maybe the credit card you charged it on? I always decline 'insurance' when I rent. Maybe I should reconsider.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt...with regards to insurance, if your insurers are anything like ours in the UK they'll not cover you as they were left unattended & in an insecure location.

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Feb 2006
Post edited over 3 years ago by runninmann.

Apr 13, 2016 19:08 as a reply to  @ Bassat's post |  #13

Bassat, I was replying to a post that is no longer here that mentioned purchasing the insurance when renting gear.

My Gear

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 13, 2016 19:09 |  #14
bannedPermanent ban

Just a thought...any idea where he may off load these gear? Local pawn shops? Craiglist?

One Imaging Photography (external link) and my Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

ExplicitSnow
THREAD ­ STARTER
449 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 13, 2016 19:18 as a reply to  @ TooManyShots's post |  #15

My thoughts are he traded them as soon as possible for his drug of choice & maybe cash too...if it ends up in a pawn shop, itll be the 2nd or 3rd or 4th "owner"

He doesn't pawn things bc 1 he doesn't have a valid ID & 2 he knows things are tracked...The crowd he hangs out with are completely 180 of who I do...sketchy characters with drug habits as bad or worse

The police have the serial #s so if they do pop up at a pawn shop, I'll be alerted

sponsored links

7,829 views & 20 likes for this thread
BE ON THE LOOKOUT! STOLEN GEAR!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.