Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 17 Apr 2016 (Sunday) 18:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Image quality problem

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
5,734 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 18, 2016 13:01 |  #16

TeamSpeed wrote in post #17976063 (external link)
Keep in mind that the comment was that "looking at others' photos between the two laptops yield very little difference, however my own images look visibly different between the same 2 laptops"...

That is the fly in the ointment so to speak. If it was simply an issue that there are 2 different laptops, one calibrated and one not, and all images are different between those two laptops, then the solution is pretty obvious. However if the aforementioned statement is correct, then the cause is more difficult to solve, yes?

Maybe - but one issue is not knowing the content of the images and how they were produced. Because there are no examples of any (either the images that are good, or ones that are not good in terms of their appearance) it is not possible to start addressing the issue.

kirk

Kirk
---

sponsored links
welshwizard1971
Goldmember
1,423 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 18, 2016 13:45 |  #17

The pics on your site load up initially as desaturated, then gradually colour up, it's not people just clicking on the pics quickly then writing them off before they load properly? Even if it isn't, that was a feature I found annoying, really annoying, it was basically forcing me to wait for no reason other than being fancy for the sake of being fancy, I'd get rid of that if I was you.

5DIII, 40D, 16-35L 35 ART 50 ART 100L macro, 24-70 L Mk2, 135L 200L 70-200L f4 IS
Hype chimping - The act of looking at your screen after every shot, then wildly behaving like it's the best picture in the world, to try and impress other photographers around you.

RichSoansPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,981 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Post edited over 2 years ago by RichSoansPhotos.

Apr 18, 2016 15:13 |  #18
bannedPermanent ban

welshwizard1971 wrote in post #17976271 (external link)
The pics on your site load up initially as desaturated, then gradually colour up, it's not people just clicking on the pics quickly then writing them off before they load properly? Even if it isn't, that was a feature I found annoying, really annoying, it was basically forcing me to wait for no reason other than being fancy for the sake of being fancy, I'd get rid of that if I was you.

Like I said previously, I have done this myself with basically no help whatsoever from web designers, because as said before, they charge too much or if you are clever enough to ask questions, you will find out a scam artist pretending to be a web designer, and also, you are bringing up something that is of nothing to do with the point of this thread

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
35,584 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 2 years ago by TeamSpeed.

Apr 18, 2016 17:38 |  #19

I believe we are at a standstill until there is a supplied ample where you see differences across your two laptops, coupled with somebody else's image that you don't see a difference between your two laptops. Without the samples, there is little help that can be offered, I fear.

Can't you just take a single arbitrary shot of some building/bushes or something to provide an example?

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

RichSoansPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,981 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 19, 2016 01:59 |  #20
bannedPermanent ban

TeamSpeed wrote in post #17976490 (external link)
I believe we are at a standstill until there is a supplied ample where you see differences across your two laptops, coupled with somebody else's image that you don't see a difference between your two laptops. Without the samples, there is little help that can be offered, I fear.

Can't you just take a single arbitrary shot of some building/bushes or something to provide an example?

I'm referring to the published photo, you know as well as I, that it's not going to be possible to put photos on this site of published photo, so please don't try to blackmail me into doing so, it's not going to happen, if you want to think you are at a standstill in regards to the thread, please don't post anymore, I am happy that way

Mathmans
269 posts
Joined Apr 2014
Post edited over 2 years ago by Mathmans. (2 edits in all)

Apr 19, 2016 05:14 as a reply to  @ RichSoansPhotos's post |  #21

Well; you came here and asked for help.
Members of this forum wants to help you but it seems, that you don't want any help.
I was looking at your photos and to my eyes lots of them are overexposed with blown highlights with no details.

My photos:
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/149610703@N05/ (external link)

RichSoansPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,981 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 19, 2016 06:00 |  #22
bannedPermanent ban

Mathmans wrote in post #17976993 (external link)
Well; you came here and asked for help.
Members of this forum wants to help you but it seems, that you don't want any help.
I was looking at your photos and to my eyes lots of them are overexposed with blown highlights with no details.

If some people can answer without posting photos, then if you don't like the idea of me not posting photos, because as stated, I cannot due to the photos being published that is all

And to my eyes, most of them are not overexposed, did you not read the the first post?

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
35,584 posts
Joined May 2002

Apr 19, 2016 08:24 |  #23

RichSoansPhotos wrote in post #17977005 (external link)
If some people can answer without posting photos, then if you don't like the idea of me not posting photos, because as stated, I cannot due to the photos being published that is all

And to my eyes, most of them are not overexposed, did you not read the the first post?

However, you can indeed shoot ANYTHING else around the house, yard, etc. and see if you can reproduce your final results, then you can share your files so we can check your settings.

For those of us with calibrated equipment, we can then compare the raw and resulting JPG you are creating, to tell you EXACTLY what is wrong vs just grasping at straws.

If you are serious about your business, and want better results, then why not try to help us help you?

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
5,734 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 19, 2016 08:43 |  #24

RichSoansPhotos wrote in post #17976942 (external link)
I'm referring to the published photo, you know as well as I, that it's not going to be possible to put photos on this site of published photo, so please don't try to blackmail me into doing so, it's not going to happen, if you want to think you are at a standstill in regards to the thread, please don't post anymore, I am happy that way

Nobody is trying to "blackmail" you - you posted on this forum looking for help. I do not want to see your "published" image nor am I trying to take your property or get you in trouble. It is very simple - if you want help you are more likely to get it if you clearly articulate your problem and provide an example. If you cannot do this, for whatever reason, then it will be difficult to help you get to the bottom of the problem.

kirk

Kirk
---

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
35,584 posts
Joined May 2002

Apr 19, 2016 08:49 as a reply to  @ kirkt's post |  #25

There is a history here, most likely this is a continuation of the issue? https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1445671

Mathmans
269 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Apr 19, 2016 09:57 as a reply to  @ TeamSpeed's post |  #26

Rich, are you one of those angry photographers?
Perhaps your photos look fine to you because you have problems with your monitor?
Why are you so afraid to shoot arround the block and post the photo which seems problematic to you?

My photos:
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/149610703@N05/ (external link)

RichSoansPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,981 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 19, 2016 10:47 |  #27
bannedPermanent ban

FYI, two people are on my ignore list. You can only guess who they are

chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,696 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Apr 19, 2016 11:11 |  #28

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1457530

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43 (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
35,584 posts
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 2 years ago by TeamSpeed. (3 edits in all)

Apr 19, 2016 13:04 |  #29

RichSoansPhotos wrote in post #17977239 (external link)
FYI, two people are on my ignore list. You can only guess who they are

Ewww, I hope one is me, it will be the first time I was added to an ignore list for trying to help somebody in their "Please Help" thread! :D Usually the reason is due to a caffeine-induced careless comment during some sort of gear comparison, lol.

Easiest way to fix everything is to get a real calibration tool like a Color Munki, etc and calibrate all equipment together, including a printer if you have one. I tied all my laptops and printers together using mine. This has solved all of my issues where images look odd from one device to another. Without raw/JPG results showing the issue, coupled with the admission that one laptop isn't calibrated, there isn't much more to suggest.

chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,696 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Apr 19, 2016 14:13 |  #30

I can't explain why but...on my desktop MultiSync monitor, Chrome browser, all his website images look funky.

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43 (external link)

sponsored links

5,932 views & 2 likes for this thread
Image quality problem
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.