Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Feb 2016 (Monday) 01:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official specs: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

this thread is locked
umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,882 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by umphotography.

Apr 19, 2016 09:04 |  #1546

i pre ordered from B&H at announcement. Hoping to get here for a 5-06 wedding

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 19, 2016 09:11 |  #1547

CincyTriGuy wrote in post #17977025 (external link)
CanonRumors is at NAB and he tweeted last night that shipping begins on May 2 so it looks like everything is still on track, since May 1 is a Sunday.

Did anyone else preorder from Amazon? I ordered on April 3. My open order history shows the 1DX mkII with a release date of May 1 but the order confirmation email showed an arrival date of May 18. I wonder how they calculated that date.

From my experience Amazon has always lagged behind B&H, Adorama and the rest.

Plus they charge tax. Eww. ;)

Gear List
www.vintage-computer.com (external link)

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,837 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

Apr 19, 2016 10:23 |  #1548

If I had not yet ordered my 1D X Mark II, I'd call Allen's Camera in PA (1-888-547-2841). They had a 100-400ii when no one else did. The owner recently passed away, but I've dealt with several members of their staff and all of them were knowledgeable... Perhaps because they are all photographers themselves.

I'm not in the running for a 1D X2 at this point but I wish I were. I'm looking forward to the reports you all post.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

CincyTriGuy
567 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 19, 2016 11:35 |  #1549

Erik S. Klein wrote in post #17977128 (external link)
From my experience Amazon has always lagged behind B&H, Adorama and the rest.

Oh really? I've actually had the opposite experience. I live in Cincinnati and Amazon has distribution centers in Kentucky. I almost always get my deliveries next day even when I've selected 2-day shipping. But this is the first time I've pre-ordered a major new camera so who knows.

I'm leaving for Florida on May 14th so all that I really care about is that I get it a couple days before I leave.

Jason
Canon 1DX Mark II | 16-35 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f/1.8 | 70-200 f/2.8L

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by bps.

Apr 19, 2016 11:44 |  #1550

CincyTriGuy wrote in post #17977287 (external link)
Oh really? I've actually had the opposite experience. I live in Cincinnati and Amazon has distribution centers in Kentucky. I almost always get my deliveries next day even when I've selected 2-day shipping. But this is the first time I've pre-ordered a major new camera so who knows.

I'm leaving for Florida on May 14th so all that I really care about is that I get it a couple days before I leave.

I think Erik is actually referring to receiving and readying stock from Canon. (And not the speed at which an item ships and the speed of the delivery carrier.)

What Erik is saying makes sense to me. B&H and Adorama are primarily focused on photography and video. That is their bread and butter. So, when they get a shipment of hot cameras in, it becomes a priority to get them into their inventory, whereas Amazon is also trying to handle the other 8 million items they carry. This often results in B&H and Adorama customers getting their pre-order a little bit earlier.

That's my take on things! :-)

Bryan

My Gear List

mwsilver
Goldmember
3,888 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Post edited over 3 years ago by mwsilver. (3 edits in all)

Apr 19, 2016 11:54 |  #1551

CincyTriGuy wrote in post #17977287 (external link)

I believe he was referring to availability of new products, not the speed of delivery. B&H is Canon's largest US dealer, which is why they generally get new products before others.

Mark
Canon 7D2, 60D, T3i, T2i, Sigma 18-35 f/1.8, 30 f/1.4. Canon EF 70-200 L f/4 IS, EF 35 f/2 IS, EFs 10-18 STM, EFs 15-85, EFs 18-200, EF 50 f/1.8 STM, Tamron 18-270 PZD, B+W MRC CPL, Canon 320EX, Vanguard Alta Pro 254CT & SBH 250 head. RODE Stereo Videomic Pro, DXO PhotoLab Elite, ON1

sploo
premature adulation
2,411 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 19, 2016 12:48 |  #1552

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #17976982 (external link)
That is serious mumbo jumbo talk to soneone on my level of photography. Tell
me this. With my Sony A7Rii I shoot LOW ISO then pull it in post=ISO-LESS.
Nothing clipped eh.
I shot and the image is black-pulled in post to an amazing result. Here is an example, shot
taken and it was dark, Sun had set 30 min's prior. I pulled min. 3 stops in post-
https://www.flickr.com …/album-72157647823023723/ (external link)
If 1DXii can to this I'm golden.

I suspect the 1Dx II won't match the A7Rii, but based on what I've seen so far with the 80D, it'll be in another league to any previous Canon full frame body.

Even with 4-5 stop pushes I'm not seeing any banding, and the noise is not objectionable in character. I have an ISO 6400 shot where I pushed the shadows two stops (effectively ISO 25600), and sure, it's noisy, but the result was usable for a small print.

Camera, some lenses, too little time, too little talent

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 19, 2016 12:57 |  #1553

bps wrote in post #17977293 (external link)
I think Erik is actually referring to receiving and readying stock from Canon. (And not the speed at which an item ships and the speed of the delivery carrier.)

mwsilver wrote in post #17977305 (external link)
I believe he was referring to availability of new products, not the speed of delivery. B&H is Canon's largest US dealer, which is why they generally get new products before others.

That and that.

From past experience B&H and Adorama customers at the top of those lists will see their pre-ordered items well before Amazon pre-orders start shipping.

Once stuff is in inventory on all sites the order to arrival times will be normalized. Amazon is usually pretty quick but B&H and Adorama both expedite things well too.

I still object to Amazon collecting tax.

Gear List

buddy4344
Goldmember
1,533 posts
Gallery: 400 photos
Best ofs: 14
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 19, 2016 16:59 |  #1554

Erik S. Klein wrote in post #17977371 (external link)
I still object to Amazon collecting tax.

While I do also, I'm even more bothered that TurboTax now prompts a specific question on the State return asking if you made out of state purchases and if so the amount so it can calculate the money you owe.

Buddy4344

Gear: Canon 1Dx MkII, 7D MkII, Canon Lenses: 100 macro, 100-400 Ver.IIL IS, 24-105L IS, Canon 17-40, Canon 1.4x TCon, Rokinon 14mm. Kenko extension tubes, Kenko 1.4x pro TCon.and Kiboko 30L and 22L+

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
18,824 posts
Gallery: 1847 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 19, 2016 17:50 as a reply to  @ Phoenixkh's post |  #1555

Yes, I purchased 400DOii when none of the big boys in NYC had one, also added the 500ISii from Allens. Brandon I think
is now operating the store, he is the son.
Great people to work with, I've never had an issue with them.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 19, 2016 18:01 |  #1556

I just got off the phone with RRS about the L-Plate for the 1Dx Mark II.

They won't have a copy of the camera until it's released and don't anticipate a new plate being available until mid June, if a new one is required.

They have heard rumors that the existing 1Dx plate will fit.

I guess I'll find that out on 5/3.:rolleyes:

Gear List

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
18,824 posts
Gallery: 1847 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 19, 2016 18:41 as a reply to  @ Erik S. Klein's post |  #1557

5/3 wishful thinking?

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

thenextguy
Goldmember
2,561 posts
Gallery: 99 photos
Best ofs: 8
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 19, 2016 18:49 |  #1558

I'm not expecting this camera, so I haven't been paying as close attention as some of you. However, am I imagining things or wasn't there reports that this camera had been delivered to some a few weeks back. Actual final versions, not pre-production units. Didn't that happen?

Steve -- Website (external link) -- Flickr (external link) -- Tumblr (external link) -- Instagram (external link) -- 500px (external link) (New!)
Canon 5Ds R | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 35 F2 IS | 50mm f/1.4 | 70-200L f/2.8 II

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 19, 2016 19:07 |  #1559

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #17977747 (external link)
5/3 wishful thinking?

My understanding is that it will be "released" on 5/1 with shipping starting on 5/2.

I should be at or near the #1 spot on B&H's backorder list as I completed my order a full 15 minutes before their email announcing the 1DxII hit my inbox and no more than 5 minutes after the camera was listed on their website at all...

I paid for the overnight shipping (a 1% premium seemed reasonable to me at the time...)

So, if everything goes according to plan I'll be holding one on 5/3 by mid day +/-. :)

I'll still be a couple of days behind those who can walk in and pick up theirs on Sunday. :(

We'll see... I hope I'm not being too wishful.

Gear List

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by bps. (3 edits in all)

Apr 19, 2016 19:58 |  #1560

Erik S. Klein wrote in post #17977720 (external link)
I just got off the phone with RRS about the L-Plate for the 1Dx Mark II.

They won't have a copy of the camera until it's released and don't anticipate a new plate being available until mid June, if a new one is required.

They have heard rumors that the existing 1Dx plate will fit.

I guess I'll find that out on 5/3.:rolleyes:

Darn it, I forgot to let everyone know that I talked to RRS at the end of last week and got the exact same info you posted. Sounds like a wait-n-see approach. Makes sense since RRS cannot get their hands on a pre-reease model.

Erik S. Klein wrote in post #17977778 (external link)
My understanding is that it will be "released" on 5/1 with shipping starting on 5/2.

I should be at or near the #1 spot on B&H's backorder list as I completed my order a full 15 minutes before their email announcing the 1DxII hit my inbox and no more than 5 minutes after the camera was listed on their website at all...

I paid for the overnight shipping (a 1% premium seemed reasonable to me at the time...)

So, if everything goes according to plan I'll be holding one on 5/3 by mid day +/-. :)

I'll still be a couple of days behind those who can walk in and pick up theirs on Sunday. :(

We'll see... I hope I'm not being too wishful.

I think you're spot-on in your assessment! You'll be holding your new camera in your hands in approximately 2 weeks!

Cheers,
Bryan

My Gear List

sponsored links

283,368 views & 958 likes for this thread
Official specs: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.