Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk DIY & Customizing 
Thread started 28 Feb 2016 (Sunday) 08:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I have built my own photo booth freeware: FreeBooth

johanneswilke
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2016

Feb 28, 2016 08:09 |  #1

Hello everyone!

I am new because I want to show you my new photo booth software FreeBooth.

You can download it here:
http://free-booth.com (external link)

So far it only supports hot folder integration. So you need a tethering software to download the pictrues into the hot folder. You can config the path to that in the preferences.When you start the application and the photo booth you can take pictures and they will be shown in the software. The people on the event can then click on the “PLEASE SEND ME THIS PICTURE” button and type in the email adress. When the event is over you can send all mails with the build in emailing wizard. So you need no internet at the event location. Additional it comes with an embbeded server which shows an slideshow with the last picture and if there is no new picture for 60 seconds, it show random pictures.

Now I need feedback!

How do you find this software?

What do think should a good photo booth software support? I am realy willing to implement a feature if you need it or if you say that this should be implemented.

Which language do you wish for the user interface?

I hope you enjoy my software!

best reagards Johannes

werds
"Yes, Sire. You'll shut your trap!"
613 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Apr 19, 2016 13:31 |  #2

Has anyone used this?

Gear: Nikon D750, Nikon D7200, Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS, Sigma 50-150 2.8 OS HSM EX , Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR1, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD, Tamron 16-300mm VC PZD, Tamron 150-600 VC, Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8, Nikon SB-900
POTN Seller Feedback (and other)

bigVinnie
835 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 20, 2016 21:40 |  #3

I played with it a bit. It's Java so it should work on most anything.

There are many definitions of what a photobooth should be. This implementation is pretty straight forward. You have a camera tethered to where images automatically download. The software will monitor the directory and show photos as they come in. You have the option to add a watermark.

It is setup to send images via email but I didn't test it. Didn't see a print option. I can tell you from experience printing photos in Java is a PITA so not surprised at that.

The slideshow is nice. If you have two monitors you could have the slideshow running on a separate monitor or projector.

Act1 Photo Booths (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,395 views & 3 likes for this thread
I have built my own photo booth freeware: FreeBooth
FORUMS General Gear Talk DIY & Customizing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.