Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Mar 2011 (Friday) 20:51
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Dear TITLE FAIRY :: Would you please change my title?"
Yes, I want a change
0%
No, leave me alone
49.4%
What is a Title Fairy? (a/k/a the TF)
0%
I don't care -- I just wanted to respond to a poll.
1.1%
I'm too scared to ask for a title change
49.4%

326 voters, 663259 votes given (any choice choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Mediocre TITLE FAIRY thread :: Change my title, please.

GibJock
Kill killer
9,825 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Apr 26, 2016 00:13 |  #6916

Jon wrote in post #17984827 (external link)
WRONG! Some of "this lot"

Hmmm, not the most polite terminology for a number of contributing members. I'm glad that no one refers to me in such a manner.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,909 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 26, 2016 14:53 |  #6917

bubbygator wrote in post #17984863 (external link)
As long as you're correcting things, I'll ask again - please guide the TF to correct her mistake with my title.... I never said anything like that.

Jon wrote in post #17985012 (external link)
Well, no. But she informed me that you invited the acupuncture treatment:

All's fair in love and POTN titles. I'm with the TF on this one.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,784 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001
Post edited over 3 years ago by Pekka.

Apr 27, 2016 16:20 |  #6918

Tom Reichner wrote in post #17984556 (external link)
I think Jon was kidding when he wrote that post. Or at least I hope he was kidding. The post is very stern and serious, and any post with that kind of tone doesn't really fit anywhere in the lounge, and especially not in this thread. So if he is truly a fun guy who doesn't take himself too seriously (as we all should be), then I think that no one should feel threatened by his post, as it was almost surely a joke (considering the context).

Jon wrote in post #17984827 (external link)
WRONG! Some of this lot have standards of decorum much lower than are generally approved of in POTN. You've collectively gotten away with a lot in this thread, but try polluting other threads the same way and see how tolerant we are. Even in the Lounge there are minimal standards of behavior.

Jon's post was not the official statement or a response endorsed by POTN staff.

Carry on.

Jon is no longer a moderator, so please address all questions regarding the allowable title fairy activity to her current address:

Ms. Title Fairy
Shangrila Fairy Meadow Resort, tent 42
Fairy Meadows
Kashmir, Pakistan

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 27, 2016 16:23 |  #6919

Pekka wrote in post #17987253 (external link)
Carry on.

That's pretty much all that happens here, no?

Jon is no longer a moderator

I sincerely hope that that was not our fault! And by "our" I really mean those other guys. I'm a friggin angel. :evil:

Gear List
www.vintage-computer.com (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,945 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 27, 2016 16:37 |  #6920

Ms. Title Fairy
Fairy Meadows
Kashmir, Pakistan

I hope she is forwarding her mail, because I have it on good authority that she was last seen in Thailand in a raucous bender.

Apparently "Virgin Shirley Temples" got her in such a state, there were visible multicolored bubbles when she let out a squeaky little burp, and of course, blue-birds and hashtags were circling her head right there at the bar!

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

GibJock
Kill killer
9,825 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Apr 27, 2016 16:39 |  #6921

Jon's post was not the official statement or a response endorsed by POTN staff.

Carry on.

Ms. Title Fairy
Fairy Meadows
Kashmir, Pakistan

Me n Moose will send her Christmas cards now we know her address. Thanks Pekka!

flickr (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,211 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by Immaculens.

Apr 27, 2016 16:55 |  #6922

...so please address all questions regarding the allowable title fairy activity to her current address:

Ms. Title Fairy
Fairy Meadows
Kashmir, Pakistan

I like Kashmir. So The TF supports Kashmir as Pakistani politically owned vs. India... Hmm...

Oh and I do beg everyone's pardon but sorry, I am back again :twisted:  :p

P.S. I don't know if the T.F. is taking requests but I think 'Mostly Lurking' as a title would be an improvement... just sayin.

Regardless - we shall see what the TF's humour is - now that one of the Mod-filters are gone now.

And I see there is grafitti in the bathroom stall #2 already... wow.

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

Nogo
POTN record for # of posts during "Permanent Ban"
7,818 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 27, 2016 16:56 |  #6923

Ian Mackie wrote in post #17987282 (external link)
Me n Moose will send her Christmas cards now we know her address. Thanks Pekka!

You will need to get her new address if you wish to send her Christmas cards. She will have to move soon due to the construction of the Diamer-Bhasha Dam.

Philip

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,211 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by Immaculens. (2 edits in all)

Apr 27, 2016 17:03 |  #6924

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #17987279 (external link)
I hope she is forwarding her mail, because I have it on good authority that she was last seen in Thailand in a raucous bender.

Apparently "Virgin Shirley Temples" got her in such a state, there were visible multicolored bubbles when she let out a squeaky little burp, and of course, blue-birds and hashtags were circling her head right there at the bar!

Here we have an eye-witness account by a Forum Admin that the TF is not only REAL, but gets intoxicatingly-giddy on sugar and grenadine syrup...

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 27, 2016 17:27 |  #6925

Immaculens wrote in post #17987298 (external link)
Here we have an eye-witness account by a Forum Admin that the TF is not only REAL, but gets intoxicatingly-giddy on sugar and grenadine syrup...

Heh! I'd say Anything Goes in Thailand, especially if the TF was hanging out in Bangkok!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,909 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 27, 2016 19:10 |  #6926

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #17987279 (external link)

Jake,

With such colorful banter as that, I nominate YOU to be the one that gives HER a title!

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

jay125
on the happy gas
10,716 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 27, 2016 19:12 |  #6927

Immaculens wrote in post #17987292 (external link)
I like Kashmir. So The TF supports Kashmir as Pakistani politically owned vs. India... Hmm...

Oh and I do beg everyone's pardon but sorry, I am back again :twisted:  :p

P.S. I don't know if the T.F. is taking requests but I think 'Mostly Lurking' as a title would be an improvement... just sayin.

Regardless - we shall see what the TF's humour is - now that one of the Mod-filters are gone now.

And I see there is grafitti in the bathroom stall #2 already... wow.

Yeah, that's not exactly graffiti. Sorry, I'll get the bucket...

feedback

gear list

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,909 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 27, 2016 19:18 |  #6928

Uh -oh!

I just noticed that myself and several others have lost their titles. Hopefully this wasn't done by a disgruntled staffer.
I liked the various titles that we all had, despite the fact that they weren't exactly flattering. I hope we get 'em back.

jay125
on the happy gas
10,716 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 27, 2016 19:20 |  #6929

Tom Reichner wrote in post #17987409 (external link)

Uh -oh!

I just noticed that myself and several others have lost their titles. Hopefully this wasn't done by a disgruntled staffer.
I liked the various titles that we all had, despite the fact that they weren't exactly flattering. I hope we get 'em back.

Mine is intact...:-)

feedback

gear list

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,837 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

Apr 27, 2016 19:20 |  #6930

The Title Fairy lives on...... good news.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

sponsored links

2,136,081 views & 3,218 likes for this thread
The Mediocre TITLE FAIRY thread :: Change my title, please.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.