Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 06 Dec 2015 (Sunday) 09:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GODOX AD600 Witstro

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013
Post edited over 3 years ago by digitalduck.

May 03, 2016 13:13 as a reply to  @ post 17994611 |  #601

So should I upgrade to the X1 or keep using the 622c's? Does it just make sense to get the X1

sponsored links
SereneSpeed
964 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 03, 2016 13:55 |  #602

My Xplor600 Just arrived. One day after shipping from Adorama. I am in Canada, and that is unheard-of for me. Adorama just earned themselves another happy customer.

Mine (unexpectedly) came with the R1 transmitter. It was listed as backordered when my order shipped.

Of note, the R1 looks identical to my X1-c. That's fine with me, but I thought that the new R1 and X1 was going to have a different hotshoe locking mechanism... But, maybe I just made that up...

https://www.danbcreati​ve.com (external link) - Commercial Work
http://unabashedbeauty​.com (external link) - Boudoir/NSFW

jmaher
571 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Feb 2010

May 03, 2016 14:26 |  #603

Thanks for the heads up on X1 availability but I need one for SONY! I can not seem to find one.

David - thanks for the info on speedlight control but those appear to have delivery dates of 5/30-6/15. Even so while I might buy one to have around I don't want it on top of my camera.

HELP. If I can't find I guess I will return the AD600. It seems like a good tool but I kinda need a transmitter to make it work :-(

Jim

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,080 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 03, 2016 15:26 |  #604

jmaher wrote in post #17994698 (external link)
Thanks for the heads up on X1 availability but I need one for SONY! I can not seem to find one.

David - thanks for the info on speedlight control but those appear to have delivery dates of 5/30-6/15. Even so while I might buy one to have around I don't want it on top of my camera.

HELP. If I can't find I guess I will return the AD600. It seems like a good tool but I kinda need a transmitter to make it work :-(

Jim

Yes you do. Contact Helen at Adorama, she may be able to find out when the X1Ts will be available. I think part of the problem with deliver is that the firmware was unconfirmed. We did that last Wednesday for Edward Tang at Cheetah. I understand that he contact Godox to release the X1Ts for production. I expect that was for his branded version.

See if Helen can find out if they have X1Ts transmitters and are just waiting for firmware update. If they are, the firmware version we confirmed is V12. That is the same firmware that was in the X1Ts I received from China. It was shipped as soon as it was available with Godox branding. I expect it was the same production batch as the test unit Edward sent me.

If Adorama has them they should have V12 as well. And that will work. It may take some conversation but at least its a chance to get one sooner. Especially if it means them not having to take the light back. :-)

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

jmaher
571 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 03, 2016 15:53 as a reply to  @ dmward's post |  #605

Will try and reach her.

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

May 03, 2016 16:04 as a reply to  @ jmaher's post |  #606

Guys, would the X1 do anything my 622c's wont? Aside from groups etc.. if im using one light.... would I still gain a benefit with the X1... more stability perhaps?

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,080 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 03, 2016 16:16 |  #607

digitalduck wrote in post #17994795 (external link)
Guys, would the X1 do anything my 622c's wont? Aside from groups etc.. if im using one light.... would I still gain a benefit with the X1... more stability perhaps?

Ability to change modes, power settings and modeling light from the X1T. No need to have something dangling from the sync port on the light. ;-)a

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

May 03, 2016 16:25 as a reply to  @ dmward's post |  #608

Ah snap!!... pulling trigger now on X1 and handheld :) thanks!!!

SamFrench
870 posts
Joined Jul 2011

May 03, 2016 17:32 |  #609

digitalduck wrote in post #17994818 (external link)
Ah snap!!... pulling trigger now on X1 and handheld :) thanks!!!

Excellent! It's only money. You can't take it with you....

adammazza
505 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

May 03, 2016 18:12 |  #610

v35skyline wrote in post #17994420 (external link)
In stock for $68 with Prime shipping: http://smile.amazon.co​m …fRID=0XCTPG4CEW​9K7B6K1R97 (external link)

I got free same day delivery, so mine will be here tonight. :)

That's where I ordered mine from as well. Also free same day delivery ;-)a

Canon 5Dm3, Fuji X100T, Fuji X-T1, Fuji X70
Canon 70-200mm L F/2.8 IS
Canon 24-105mm L F/4.0 IS
Sigma 35mm F/1.4, Sigma 85mm F/1.4
Fuji 16mm F/1.4, Fuji 35mm F/1.4, Fuji 56mm F/1.2, Fuji 16-55 F/2.8

ndrr13
37 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 03, 2016 19:28 as a reply to  @ jmaher's post |  #611

http://www.amazon.com …sr=8-4&keywords=godox+x1s (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,080 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 03, 2016 19:39 |  #612

I hope JM sees this before they are gone.
It looks like they are in the US if they can deliver by May 5

jmaher
571 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 03, 2016 19:41 |  #613

Thanks - but $25 shipping to get it before June. Somehow this sounds a little suspicious. However I certainly appreciate the heads up.

Jim

jmaher
571 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 03, 2016 19:42 |  #614

Adorama now says they will have more info on shipping dates by the end of the week for the transmitter.

BigIronCruiser
167 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2013
Post edited over 3 years ago by BigIronCruiser. (2 edits in all)

May 03, 2016 19:44 |  #615

As can be seen below, there are still issues with the Nikon version of the X1 at 1/250. Anthony Shom Scott tested this while he was in Dallas, so I ordered the Cheetah version of the X1N to see if it made any difference. Unfortunately, the Adorama and Cheetah versions produce the same results.

When looking at the AD600, I can see the HSS indicator light up when the shutter is tripped at 1/250. This is clearly wrong, so it will continue to plague the Nikon implementation until Godox finds a way to fix it. Godox doesn't listen to minions like myself, so maybe there's someone else on this forum that has a way to get their attention.

The results in TTL mode, by the way, are the same.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links

526,516 views & 735 likes for this thread
GODOX AD600 Witstro
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.