Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 15 Mar 2016 (Tuesday) 13:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Thinking of selling the Canon gear and going full Fuji...

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,305 posts
Gallery: 341 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

Mar 28, 2016 17:19 as a reply to  @ post 17952044 |  #46

I hear ya, kids running about can test the measure of an AF system alright. The Fuji 16-55 F/2.8 WR is very fast, for that level of hyperactive swerving kids can manage, although a little heavy + $$$.

The same reason is holding me back too, the ISO. I'm fine for Fuji's ISO 6400 most of the time, I think it is very detailed and not so much colour noise, more of a grain feel. I did have a preproduction X-Pro2 for a little while & ISO 12800 was close to the now four year old 5D3, the joystick was familiar and nice to use, the shutter lighter to push and the speed on the whole felt faster, I'm not sure I'd really say it was very noticeably faster in AF to the X-T1 as I'd need to do a side by side test of something fast like kids in the playground. I also have an itch for an A7R-ii/A7S-ii for the higher ISO, just trying to decide if I really want to go down the long and winding Sony road or buy into more Fuji. Perhaps I'll swap out the 5D3 for one [Stabilised 135L, yes!] or sell it all and settle on Fujifilm.

To date all my clients have been really happy with the shots, including the ones for publication, no matter what camera they come from so I guess it is just my feelings holding me back, that and the dreamy 2/135L. When I look at the images after they have been exported out of lightroom, I honestly have a hard time telling what camera took what shot.

Fujifilm cameras and lenses.
Get 5% off Fuji from Kim ;) (external link)
Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

sponsored links
AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,449 posts
Gallery: 126 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 28, 2016 17:42 |  #47

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #17952314 (external link)
I hear ya, kids running about can test the measure of an AF system alright. The Fuji 16-55 F/2.8 WR is very fast, for that level of hyperactive swerving kids can manage, although a little heavy + $$$.

The same reason is holding me back too, the ISO. I'm fine for Fuji's ISO 6400 most of the time, I think it is very detailed and not so much colour noise, more of a grain feel. I did have a preproduction X-Pro2 for a little while & ISO 12800 was close to the now four year old 5D3, the joystick was familiar and nice to use, the shutter lighter to push and the speed on the whole felt faster, I'm not sure I'd really say it was very noticeably faster in AF to the X-T1 as I'd need to do a side by side test of something fast like kids in the playground. I also have an itch for an A7R-ii/A7S-ii for the higher ISO, just trying to decide if I really want to go down the long and winding Sony road or buy into more Fuji. Perhaps I'll swap out the 5D3 for one [Stabilised 135L, yes!] or sell it all and settle on Fujifilm.

To date all my clients have been really happy with the shots, including the ones for publication, no matter what camera they come from so I guess it is just my feelings holding me back, that and the dreamy 2/135L. When I look at the images after they have been exported out of lightroom, I honestly have a hard time telling what camera took what shot.

After I use my gear I feel very fortunate to possess such tools. I'm editing some photos at the moment I can't recall ever being so pleased with a crop sensor. I've post processed/edited my Canon Xti, 40d, 50d, 1dmk3 and 7d and the fuji files have some nice "substance" to the RAW file. Hard to describe but pushing/pulling the RAW file in LR I do like the Fuji file.

I'll look at the Xpro2 in due time but the less I think about it I think I'll concentrate on my "appreciation" of the X-T10 :P this will leave me more room for a 5d4 or another 5d3 for my no brainer "goto" body that always meets my comfort zone.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 85 mkII L | | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji - gone
Sony 2 x A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | GM16-35 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | GM70-200 f/2.8 |Sigma Art 24 f/1.4 | Sigma ART 35 f/1.2 | FE85 f/1.8 | Sigma ART 105 f/1.4 | Godox V860iiS & V1S

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 13, 2016 12:28 |  #48

So I think I'm going to run dual systems for now. I just really enjoy using my X-T10 from a "fun" perspective (heck even the shutter sound is lovely to me), and I'm one of those people that just REALLY likes the JPEGs, especially Classic Chrome. I just can't seem to completely emulate that look when I pp raw files on my own.

That being said, there are times I still enjoy using a DSLR and getting that extra bit of low light performance from the full frame sensor.

I will just strip down each system to the very bare essentials just to keep G.A.S and costs in check, but yea for now both systems has a lot to offer my photography that I can't part with either :-D

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,449 posts
Gallery: 126 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 13, 2016 14:40 |  #49

The Dark Knight wrote in post #17970550 (external link)
So I think I'm going to run dual systems for now. I just really enjoy using my X-T10 from a "fun" perspective (heck even the shutter sound is lovely to me), and I'm one of those people that just REALLY likes the JPEGs, especially Classic Chrome. I just can't seem to completely emulate that look when I pp raw files on my own.

That being said, there are times I still enjoy using a DSLR and getting that extra bit of low light performance from the full frame sensor.

I will just strip down each system to the very bare essentials just to keep G.A.S and costs in check, but yea for now both systems has a lot to offer my photography that I can't part with either :-D

I never read instruction/manuals LOL but you can have 3 different sounding shutters when you use E shutter. I discovered that last night while optimizing the settings.

Still waiting for my cheap bolt on grip for my X-T10. I'll be adding GT5000 grip tape to for a grippier feel. This will add some more comfort to my hands. Not tempted to buy an XT1 at this moment in time since the X-T10 has identical internals. willing to have patience for the newer body with new sensor.

I still cant believe I'm enjoying using the fuji. The image quality is so good in good light and even "semi" challenging low light. This is something I never experienced with my Micro43 gear even with fast M43 primes.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 85 mkII L | | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji - gone
Sony 2 x A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | GM16-35 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | GM70-200 f/2.8 |Sigma Art 24 f/1.4 | Sigma ART 35 f/1.2 | FE85 f/1.8 | Sigma ART 105 f/1.4 | Godox V860iiS & V1S

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 28, 2016 17:12 |  #50

Put the 6D for sale. Going full Fuji now, well outside of my Panasonic LX100.

asr10user
166 posts
Joined Jan 2016

Apr 29, 2016 10:13 |  #51

Interesting thread as I LOVE my 6D but am looking for a smaller lightweight alternative for an upcoming vacation. I have the X-E1 and 18-55, love the 18-55 but the X-E1 has zero chance at capturing my child. I was looking at getting an X-T10, but from what AlanU is saying, the XT10 might not fit my needs either.

In the end, I may just take the 6D. But like you say, I dont take the 6D out as much since its larger.

6D, 50mm Art
G7, 14-42mm, 25mm 1.7, 42.5mm 1.7

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 29, 2016 11:30 |  #52

asr10user wrote in post #17989364 (external link)
Interesting thread as I LOVE my 6D but am looking for a smaller lightweight alternative for an upcoming vacation. I have the X-E1 and 18-55, love the 18-55 but the X-E1 has zero chance at capturing my child. I was looking at getting an X-T10, but from what AlanU is saying, the XT10 might not fit my needs either.

In the end, I may just take the 6D. But like you say, I dont take the 6D out as much since its larger.

In the mirrorless realm, have you considered Sony A6000 series or Micro 4/3? Fuji's AF has gotten better, but those cameras are still faster, esp when tracking.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Apr 29, 2016 13:01 |  #53

asr10user wrote in post #17989364 (external link)

The X-E2/X-T10 is a huge step up from the X-E1, I've owned both. Seriously apples and oranges in terms of AF performance.

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

bent ­ toe
Goldmember
1,951 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Jul 2012

May 04, 2016 06:18 |  #54

I sold my 1Ds, 60D and all lenses and went with x100s and xpro 1.
Sold the x100s and kept xpro 1 with 12mm, 35mm and a bunch of Pentax lenses.

Never looked back.

"High life on low budget"
bent photos (external link)Portfoliobox (external link)
X-Pro1 XF 35 f/1.4

shane_c
705 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 04, 2016 13:37 |  #55

Does anyone see the day where we can use Canon lenses on a Fuji body and retain AF and aperture control? Sometime in the next year or two I'll upgrade my 60D, and having shot with a Fuji X10 in the past and loving the OOC jpgs and Fuji colours, I would love to get a new Fuji and retain my current lenses.

Canon 80D - Canon 15-85, Canon 40 STM, Canon 70-200L F4 (non-IS), Canon 1.4x II
G1X, G15
My Instagram (external link)

Jeff ­ Hanson
Goldmember
1,699 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2013

May 04, 2016 16:32 as a reply to  @ shane_c's post |  #56

I would say this is quite unlikely, but someone with more technical knowledge might have a different opinion.

Fuji X....BAAAAM! Renders way different than Sony.

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 04, 2016 16:41 |  #57

Doesn't such an adapter (Metabones) exist for Canon EF to Sony E and FE mounts?

I am guessing technically it can be done, it might be a market demand issue, as Fuji's market share even for mirrorless is still quite low.

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,305 posts
Gallery: 341 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

May 04, 2016 16:54 |  #58

Colours are great with XF glass also & all their glass is good, almost all of them are great.

Fujifilm cameras and lenses.
Get 5% off Fuji from Kim ;) (external link)
Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

asr10user
166 posts
Joined Jan 2016

May 04, 2016 19:27 |  #59

The Dark Knight wrote in post #17989466 (external link)
In the mirrorless realm, have you considered Sony A6000 series or Micro 4/3? Fuji's AF has gotten better, but those cameras are still faster, esp when tracking.

I actually did previously own the A6000. Great body, probably the best value in this crazy world. Focus was great, I just hated Sony glass (well its price) and thought the pictures were a bit too 'digital' for me.

I just sold my X-E1. But ill be keeping an eye out in for future Fuji developments. If they ever create an X100 with a 50mm equivalent, I am back.

6D, 50mm Art
G7, 14-42mm, 25mm 1.7, 42.5mm 1.7

Jeff ­ Hanson
Goldmember
1,699 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2013

May 04, 2016 20:21 |  #60

The Dark Knight wrote in post #17995965 (external link)
Doesn't such an adapter (Metabones) exist for Canon EF to Sony E and FE mounts?

I am guessing technically it can be done, it might be a market demand issue, as Fuji's market share even for mirrorless is still quite low.

There are adapters for Canon lenses and Fuji X bodies, but they don't provide AF and aperture control. My understanding is it's not so much of a demand issue, but it would be prohibitively expensive to adapt Canon lenses to the way Fuji handles aperture control.

sponsored links

9,771 views & 15 likes for this thread
Thinking of selling the Canon gear and going full Fuji...
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.