Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 06 Dec 2015 (Sunday) 09:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GODOX AD600 Witstro

fjhphotography
161 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined May 2015

May 08, 2016 17:07 |  #661

I notice I'm super late to this thread but kind of new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Francisco Hernandez. Basically posting because I saw talks about the XPLOR 600 by adorama. I recently wrote a blog post about it. This is it;

http://www.fjhphoto.co​m …016/5/6/that-xplor-strobe (external link)

Attaching an image I used with it. Key is the XPLOR 600 on TTL with a 5 ft octabox camera right with a rovelight 600B camera left and behind the subject up high.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My YouTube Channel! (external link)|My facebook (external link)| My site (external link)| My Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,385 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

May 08, 2016 19:05 |  #662

fjhphotography wrote in post #18000224 (external link)
I notice I'm super late to this thread but kind of new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Francisco Hernandez. Basically posting because I saw talks about the XPLOR 600 by adorama. I recently wrote a blog post about it. This is it;

http://www.fjhphoto.co​m …016/5/6/that-xplor-strobe (external link)

Attaching an image I used with it. Key is the XPLOR 600 on TTL with a 5 ft octabox camera right with a rovelight 600B camera left and behind the subject up high.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by fjhphotography in
./showthread.php?p=180​00224&i=i253053873
forum: Flash and Studio Lighting

Welcome. That's a nice blog post.

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

jbm7777
525 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2008

May 08, 2016 19:12 as a reply to  @ fjhphotography's post |  #663

I was wondering when you were going to make your way onto here. Welcome! Great blog post, great live vid on Facebook and awesome first few shoots with the xplor.

Canon 6D | Canon 17-40L | 70-200L IS II | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | Canon 100L | Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT | xplor 600 | flashpoint 360 | alien bee B800
Flickr  (external link)
instagram.com/imijry (external link)
imijry.net (external link)

eventsof1768
652 posts
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by eventsof1768.

May 08, 2016 19:46 |  #664

Does anyone know if the AD600B with X1S work with Sony as it does with Canon/Nikon at this stage (in terms of all the features TTL etc)

I'm organising a group buy in Australia for this light and having some difficulty finding info on the Sony TTL

edit: Also, if all the features are not yet active, would it be as simple as a firmware update or will the AD600 be physically different

instagram (external link)
onwhite photography (external link)
facebook (external link)
flickr (external link)

amirg
532 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2012

May 08, 2016 20:14 as a reply to  @ eventsof1768's post |  #665

I'm sure David will be able to answer this but I think everything works as it should based on other reports.

http://www.twilightand​tulle.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,081 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 08, 2016 21:39 |  #666

eventsof1768 wrote in post #18000383 (external link)
Does anyone know if the AD600B with X1S work with Sony as it does with Canon/Nikon at this stage (in terms of all the features TTL etc)

I'm organising a group buy in Australia for this light and having some difficulty finding info on the Sony TTL

edit: Also, if all the features are not yet active, would it be as simple as a firmware update or will the AD600 be physically different

Go to my website HERE (external link) it is the first of several pages I've written evaluating the Godox X system when used with the Sony Alpha series. I've also posted here with illustrations of how I've used the system for shoots.

Bottomline, this is a real solution that works.

The only flash I have not tested personally is the 360II which is TTL. There is no reason I can imagine to expect that it won't work. I'm sure it will.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

eventsof1768
652 posts
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2010

May 08, 2016 22:43 |  #667

dmward wrote in post #18000496 (external link)
Go to my website HERE (external link) it is the first of several pages I've written evaluating the Godox X system when used with the Sony Alpha series. I've also posted here with illustrations of how I've used the system for shoots.

Bottomline, this is a real solution that works.

The only flash I have not tested personally is the 360II which is TTL. There is no reason I can imagine to expect that it won't work. I'm sure it will.

Great
Ill post your website to the Sony members, they will be glad!

instagram (external link)
onwhite photography (external link)
facebook (external link)
flickr (external link)

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

May 09, 2016 00:10 |  #668

Guys, is anyone selling the bag (PB-600) for the Xplor 600 besides ebay or amazon? Cant find anything with a decent enough shipping timeframe. Thanks!

Ulysses01
403 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2013
Post edited over 3 years ago by Ulysses01.

May 09, 2016 00:28 |  #669

eventsof1768 wrote in post #17998166 (external link)
Do you guys use them out doors?

edit: also, I noticed that the C12/10 stands have the folding leg feature when you pick it up - thats really cool. Do you guys use them on grass/sand?

Yep, I use my C12 stands on grass and sand.

The way they're designed, you need to initially touch the center post of the stand to the ground to initiate the swing of the legs outward so they can then provide the support and stability for the stand. At that point, if the ground underneath is uneven and touching the central post, then the system becomes unstable because it wants to either close the legs again or otherwise tip over.

So the real key to using this stand on uneven ground is to make sure there's nothing underneath the central post, so that the legs are the only thing in contact with the ground. I've dug or kicked small depressions in the ground underneath the C12 central post to help ensure the system is more stable in that situation, and it works reasonably well. I've steadied one of the legs on a rock or a bean bag. I've done other things to balance it. With care, you can take it most places that you'd bring a traditional stand. You may need a set of assistants' hands to help or keep an eye on it. But you can do a lot more with it than might at first be thought.

Hoping to get my own C-stand at some point, too.

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,081 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 09, 2016 08:36 |  #670

The difficulty with any light stand, even a C stand, is vector geometry. The center of gravity vector has to be inside the base of the stand falls over. Naturally, the more weight one has low the better.
Cheetah Stands are inherently no more or less stable than other stands. The self opening aspect is complicated by the uneven terrain. I've found that grabbing and pulling up on the sleeve that actuates the leg opening will get the legs open, then carefully place it just as one would any other stand.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 09, 2016 10:59 |  #671

digitalduck wrote in post #18000676 (external link)
Guys, is anyone selling the bag (PB-600) for the Xplor 600 besides ebay or amazon? Cant find anything with a decent enough shipping timeframe. Thanks!

Got mine on Amazon with Prime.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013
Post edited over 3 years ago by digitalduck.

May 09, 2016 11:00 |  #672

v35skyline wrote in post #18001087 (external link)
Got mine on Amazon with Prime.

Damn, mine is only showing free shipping with a mid June delivery date...

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,920 posts
Gallery: 260 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009

May 09, 2016 14:32 |  #673

digitalduck wrote in post #18000676 (external link)

http://www.cheetahstan​d.com/product-p/cl-600xbag.htm (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I AM SHOM

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

May 09, 2016 14:39 as a reply to  @ abbadon31's post |  #674

Thanks! Hmm waw hoping for prime, have a couple shoots this weekend, and Cheetah wont make it in time... oh well :)

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,920 posts
Gallery: 260 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009

May 09, 2016 15:00 |  #675

digitalduck wrote in post #18001331 (external link)
Thanks! Hmm waw hoping for prime, have a couple shoots this weekend, and Cheetah wont make it in time... oh well :)

You can change the shipping and you can get it by the weekend

I AM SHOM

sponsored links

545,091 views & 735 likes for this thread
GODOX AD600 Witstro
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.