Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 06 Dec 2015 (Sunday) 09:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GODOX AD600 Witstro

rala
58 posts
Joined Apr 2016
Post edited over 4 years ago by rala.

May 12, 2016 09:49 |  #721

v35skyline wrote in post #18004551 (external link)
You can control the modeling light and ready beep with the X1.

Double click CH key to turn ON/OFF Modeling lamp.
C.Fn-07 – Turn remote flash beep Off / On – [– – = OFF] [on = ON]

And the XT32 does not have fewer functions. For one, it supports 16 groups. And some that don't need TTL will switch to it just for the interface.

Thanks, I know that I can control the modeling lamp and beep with the X1C as well.
In my opinion it just isn't really comfortable.

And the 16 groups feature is one that I deem to be easily implemented on the X1C, too.
But I might be wrong about that, since I don't know if there is new hardware needed or just software/firmware.

I am wondering if it would be easier adding TTL to the XT32 or adding the new groups to the X1C...

sponsored links
v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by v35skyline. (3 edits in all)

May 12, 2016 09:59 |  #722

For pre-sale, though it says you won't have it until mid-late June: http://www.ebay.com …86dfbd:g:Vj4AAO​Sw2x1XMByC (external link)

"This project is now pre-sale period, Godox company has not officially on sale of the product, It's may be available on May 25th ."

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,997 posts
Gallery: 264 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 4 years ago by abbadon31.

May 12, 2016 10:00 |  #723

the other Manual option is the XT16

I will have a X32 in a few days

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I AM SHOM

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,083 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 12, 2016 10:01 |  #724

rala wrote in post #18004546 (external link)
If that is indeed the case then you are right, of course.
I automatically thought it would support TTL.

But looking at the technical specs it really seems that TTL was omitted from this transmitter.
That's too bad, I really like it that it has more buttons for all the functions (ready beep, modeling light, etc.).
It is interesting that they still have not added a button for 2nd-curtain sync.
(Also, why is the shutter speed range in 2nd-curtain mode so limited with the AD600? The shutter must be in the range 30s-1/30. 1/30 is not really fast enough for my style, 1/10th or 1/5th would be way better.)

Why do they release a new transmitter with less functionality anyway?
Or did I miss something else? (I assume they could easily add more groups to the X1C-T, so I don't think that is a good reason to develop, manufacture and sell another transmitter.)

The speed range for SCS includes your desired 1/10th and 1/5th.

The range is to ensure that the transmitter can send the fire signal before the second curtain starts to close. Most often, SCS is controlled by the camera. This is a hack that overrides the camera setting. That's why it works with cameras that normally will not support SCS with speedlites.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

bigVinnie
835 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2010
Post edited over 4 years ago by bigVinnie.

May 12, 2016 10:30 |  #725

Turned one on and let it set for over an hour. Still on. So don't know how long before it shuts off. I will check on it when I can and report.

[Update]

So apparently mine don't turn off either. When I said something out loud about it my wife popped up "oh, I turned those off when I came to bed".

Act1 Photo Booths (external link)

rala
58 posts
Joined Apr 2016

May 12, 2016 14:58 |  #726

bigVinnie wrote in post #18004596 (external link)
Turned one on and let it set for over an hour. Still on. So don't know how long before it shuts off. I will check on it when I can and report.

[Update]

So apparently mine don't turn off either. When I said something out loud about it my wife popped up "oh, I turned those off when I came to bed".

:-)

At least now I know that my unit behaves just as all the others.

rala
58 posts
Joined Apr 2016

May 12, 2016 15:05 |  #727

dmward wrote in post #18004563 (external link)
The speed range for SCS includes your desired 1/10th and 1/5th.

The range is to ensure that the transmitter can send the fire signal before the second curtain starts to close. Most often, SCS is controlled by the camera. This is a hack that overrides the camera setting. That's why it works with cameras that normally will not support SCS with speedlites.

Thanks for that explanation.

And yes, the fraction notation obviously confused me. I feel dumb. :cry:
Thank you for correcting me.

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,083 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 12, 2016 16:27 |  #728

rala wrote in post #18004842 (external link)
Thanks for that explanation.

And yes, the fraction notation obviously confused me. I feel dumb. :cry:
Thank you for correcting me.

The thing that's confusing is that they only place we seem to use the fractions is when writing shutter speeds in a forum post.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

Ulysses01
403 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2013

May 12, 2016 19:46 |  #729

rala wrote in post #18004546 (external link)
Why do they release a new transmitter with less functionality anyway? Or did I miss something else? (I assume they could easily add more groups to the X1C-T, so I don't think that is a good reason to develop, manufacture and sell another transmitter.)

It's not "less functionality," but rather different functionality to suit different needs.

The X1 transmitter is fine if you want to see the settings simultaneously for three or more groups — and actually it can only display three groups at one time, while some transmitters from other manufacturers can show four or five. But the X1 also has a rather crowded and fiddly interface. It's not horrible, but it's also not perfect. What we already need is an X2 to improve upon the X1. It needs more buttons and/or a better menu system. However, this transmitter will do fine for now, and across three different brands of cameras.

Meanwhile, there are photographers who want something simpler and more direct to operate than the X1. These photographers tend to like all-manual controls, and having a more analog style of interface is a pleasure for them. They may also be shooting NON- Canon/Nikon/Sony cameras, so this XT16 and XT32 will be right up their alley. Their needs are different from your own. So a simpler trigger is fantastic and enjoyable for what we like to do. :-)

Bravo for Godox for continuing with that line of triggers.

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 4 years ago by abbadon31. (2 edits in all)

May 12, 2016 22:46 |  #730

here is the display layout CF and Data info for the XT32

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

I AM SHOM

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 13, 2016 01:56 |  #731

Layout

HOSTED PHOTO

I AM SHOM

nixland
537 posts
Joined Apr 2009

May 13, 2016 04:39 |  #732

Can each group turned on/off individually on XT32 Gr mode if using pre 2012 Canon camera?

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 13, 2016 10:58 |  #733

nixland wrote in post #18005462 (external link)
Can each group turned on/off individually on XT32 Gr mode if using pre 2012 Canon camera?

There is no group mode in the XT32 that is a X1 feature

I AM SHOM

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,997 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 13, 2016 11:12 |  #734

Godox XT-16

I AM SHOM

nixland
537 posts
Joined Apr 2009

May 13, 2016 18:53 as a reply to  @ abbadon31's post |  #735

I see. So it's just like FT16 where all groups always fire if we push test button?

sponsored links

616,698 views & 739 likes for this thread
GODOX AD600 Witstro
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.