Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 06 Dec 2015 (Sunday) 09:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GODOX AD600 Witstro

mmmfotografie
hanging up-side-down in a cave
2,114 posts
Joined Jul 2013

May 15, 2016 08:31 |  #751

I am starting to think that I am going to receive my XT32c before my ordered AD600BM. It really taking long by now, till AD600BM is hitting the shops here in the Netherlands.

sponsored links
Kecaj
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2015

May 15, 2016 13:20 as a reply to  @ mmmfotografie's post |  #752

Who updated firmware Godox AD600 MB?

When i try to open file "AD600M V1.5(手动版).exe" i have error info "Unable to open archiwe file". I check on two computers with Windows 7 32 and 64bit. What I do wrong? Maybe you have diffrent source then http://www.godox.com/E​N/Download.html (external link).

Jack
https://www.facebook.c​om/jsierzynski (external link)

SereneSpeed
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 15, 2016 13:52 as a reply to  @ Kecaj's post |  #753

I believe that you need to rename the file to remove the Chinese characters from the filename. Once you do that you should be good.

https://www.danbcreati​ve.com (external link) - Commercial Work
http://unabashedbeauty​.com (external link) - Boudoir/NSFW

mmmfotografie
hanging up-side-down in a cave
2,114 posts
Joined Jul 2013

May 15, 2016 13:52 |  #754

Kecaj wrote in post #18007831 (external link)
Who updated firmware Godox AD600 MB?

When i try to open file "AD600M V1.5(手动版).exe" i have error info "Unable to open archiwe file". I check on two computers with Windows 7 32 and 64bit. What I do wrong? Maybe you have diffrent source then http://www.godox.com/E​N/Download.html (external link).

That a problem I sadly don't have. :mrgreen:

I would use 7Zip to look if the file readable. Just open archive.

bigVinnie
835 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2010

May 15, 2016 14:01 |  #755

Did my first trial run with this flash. Setup a photobooth at my Nieces wedding yesterday.

First off, the modeling light is pretty much worthless. I had good ambient so not a big deal. Once when hitting the button on the remote I somehow changed the channel instead. Took me a few minutes to figure out why the flash quit.

The X1 focus beam worked fantastic.

Turned the light on around noon. Turned it off around 8pm. Only shot about 60 times using 1/4 power. Battery charger showed 80% when I put it on the charger this morning. Since I neglected to remove the battery at the end of the night I'm not sure how much was phantom drained. Still pretty impressive.

I have some Mettle 600AD's. The battery pack for those is a bit of a pain and does not last nearly as long. Just having the light on for the same length of time I would have had to change the battery. The Mettle does have a smaller battery but a bulky pack to hold it. The AD600 is a much better design.

So is the flash worth the money? Yes.
Is it a good studio flash: Not really. Get the QTII instead.
Is it a good mobile flash: Absolutely. Long battery life, plenty of power.

The X1 trigger to me is the weak link. The model lamp on/off feature is a bit of a pain for my large hands. The screen was hard for me to see. Part of why it too me a few minutes to detect the channel change. I much prefer the screen & interface on the Yongnuo E3-RT clone. The YN link light also goes red when the signal is not there.

Act1 Photo Booths (external link)

BigIronCruiser
167 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2013
Post edited over 3 years ago by BigIronCruiser.

May 15, 2016 14:19 |  #756

The image shown below illustrates exposure differences when using the V860X-n as a Master in Wireless (2.4ghz) mode. All shots used spot metering of a neutral-gray target at 1/200 shutter speed, and there wasn't enough ambient light to influence the exposures. Would appreciate it if someone can check to see if they're getting similar results.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Kecaj
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2015

May 15, 2016 14:31 |  #757

SereneSpeed wrote in post #18007854 (external link)
I believe that you need to rename the file to remove the Chinese characters from the filename. Once you do that you should be good.

Thanks. Firmware updated :)

Jack
https://www.facebook.c​om/jsierzynski (external link)

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013
Post edited over 3 years ago by digitalduck.

May 15, 2016 15:06 as a reply to  @ Kecaj's post |  #758

Used my Xplor with handheld on shoot yesterday, wanted to give it a shot... I used TTL for most of the time, just to try it, had a couple questions as i was going along, client loved the shots.

Couple things.....

1. Ok, I used TTL and I know thta if i set my shutter speed max and decide on aperture that the ttl should, hopefully, give me a decent exposure for simpe fill flash. I guess I achieved that most of the time but about my shutter speed... why sometimes could I still shoot at 1/400 or 800 and i wasnt getting the 2nd curtain in the frame... since my 6d has a max of 1/180, why was the image almost better at a higher speed (I assumed i would get the shutter in the exposure?

I know i was overposing by a stop or so and that allowed the flash to expose well, but I assumed the TTL would fill no matter what SS?

IMAGE: http://s32.postimg.org/xa2n5kjlh/IMG_6840.jpg

IMAGE: http://s32.postimg.org/uenpt7jud/IMG_6900.jpg

IMAGE: http://s32.postimg.org/5fvnhf2yd/IMG_6881.jpg

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,920 posts
Gallery: 260 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009

May 15, 2016 17:11 |  #759

digitalduck wrote in post #18007948 (external link)
why sometimes could I still shoot at 1/400 or 800 and i wasnt getting the 2nd curtain in the frame... since my 6d has a max of 1/180, why was the image almost better at a higher speed (I assumed i would get the shutter in the exposure?

if your using the X1 transmitter and the 600 once you hit over 250 it turn into HSS
if you shoot at 200 and 250 you might get a darker image because godox needs to fix it in firmware.

I AM SHOM

enginyr
990 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 15, 2016 21:56 as a reply to  @ BigIronCruiser's post |  #760

Were the slaves actually turned on?

LA Wedding photographer (external link) Stunning Bride Photographers.

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

May 15, 2016 21:59 |  #761

enginyr wrote in post #18008373 (external link)
Were the slaves actually turned on?

Just using xplor 600 and X1 remote

enginyr
990 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by enginyr.

May 15, 2016 22:36 as a reply to  @ digitalduck's post |  #762

try turning the xplor in a bounce method and try again.

LA Wedding photographer (external link) Stunning Bride Photographers.

KiboOst
25 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 16, 2016 07:02 |  #763

bigVinnie wrote in post #18007864 (external link)
Did my first trial run with this flash. Setup a photobooth at my Nieces wedding yesterday.
So is the flash worth the money? Yes.
Is it a good studio flash: Not really. Get the QTII instead.
Is it a good mobile flash: Absolutely. Long battery life, plenty of power.

Why AD600 couldn't be a good studio flash ? I'm about replacing my old studios strobes and portable speedlites by two AD600, which could replace both setups. Apart recylcle time, why QTII is so better ? Maybe an AD600 A/C adapter could be a bonus ?

| www.nicolasgenette.com (external link) |

bigVinnie
835 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2010

May 16, 2016 08:25 as a reply to  @ KiboOst's post |  #764

If you have good ambient light it would be fine. It all comes down to modeling light.

Remember, I do event photography. 90% of the time I'm working in a dark room with only my modeling lights providing subject lighting. Even at 100% brightness a 10w LED just don't cut it. Plus you can't leave it on. Every studio I ever worked in overhead lights were turned off while shooting.

As for recycle time the AD600 does great. It actually recycles faster than my Mettle 600AD on battery.

Act1 Photo Booths (external link)

cc1995
280 posts
Joined Dec 2012

May 16, 2016 09:06 |  #765

Can someone answer a question for me. I recently purchased a Godox 685 Speedlight with the built in receiver that can be triggered by the X1 remote. I plan on purchasing the Xplor 600 strobe with the R2 transmitter. Isn't the R2 transmitter just a renamed X1 trigger? Can I assume that the R2 trigger with work with my 685 speedlight and I don't need to buy the Godox X1 version instead. I want to get the Xplor 600 light since it comes from Adorama with the case and reflector but I want the R2 trigger to be able to work with my existing 685 speed light. Thought people on this board might have some insight on this.

sponsored links

545,111 views & 735 likes for this thread
GODOX AD600 Witstro
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.